• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes 2016 |OT3| Highway to the Danger Room

Finaika

UuVcSwr.jpg

Needs more spikes.

Have they said what the power is going to be? I don't exactly trust them not to make it OP to drive fortune card/loot box sales.

Only the name, "Psychic Ballista". They did say these powers will be budgeted and balanced like a regular power, so even if it ends up being a must have skill, it would still be close enough that you don't need the costume to clear content.

Dec

Have they said what the power is going to be? I don't exactly trust them not to make it OP to drive fortune card/loot box sales.

"Each of the 4 costumes will get 1 power that is a player version of their main boss power from the playable content."

So the costumes are player versions of bosses you will fight in the new apocalypse content when it comes out (at the earliest October) that give the player the main boss power for said boss.

zorbsie

At first I thought you would be leveling from 60 - 70. I thought that was ok. But then realized the idea is to prestige 70 times. FUCK THAT. I can't even imagine how long that would take. After doing all that I wouldn't want to even play that character anymore. GAZ, you done goofed.

Xevren

Well, that looks really stupid. And to be ready for challenging end game content! Because they've done pretty good on releasing stuff like that lately.

by god... so instead of making actual endgame content, they're so desperate that they're now selling the "privilege" of leveling up your character like SEVENTY MORE TIMES as endgame content. While actually attaching a buttload of stats to it to boot. Fuck this company.

Well, that looks really stupid. And to be ready for challenging end game content! Because they've done pretty good on releasing stuff like that lately.

To be fair, the release is coinciding with that new endgame difficulty.

Wait, it costs 400 splinters to just unlock this per character? Holy shit that's just amazing.

Everything they do from this point forward will be something they can profit from. It's not the MH we know and love(hate) anymore.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Frost... its time Frost.

It's time to let this one go Frost.

Unless you actually DO work for Gaz, it's time to let this one go.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It makes sense to have a new ES dump now that monthly hero releases are long gone.

Every other aspect of this is lolbyegaz tho.

Hey its got more people than Lawbreakers, so that's something. Still sad to see how things are going for this though.

Yeah there really has never been a better Marvel fanservice game and there probably never will be again. This game has basically all the X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four, and Marvel Knights characters.

Yeah there really has never been a better Marvel fanservice game and there probably never will be again. This game has basically all the X-Men, Avengers, Fantastic Four, and Marvel Knights characters.

It may not have the bigger budget production of MH or the F4 on its roster, but Future Fight is proving to be a top tier fanservice game. The artstyle and animations in that game are unmatched IMO. Shame that due to its mobile nature, most won't get to fully experience all the awesome stuff it has.

Ploid 3.0

Yeah I like the way Future Fight looks more than Marvel Heroes. The characters have lower polygons, but they just look better artistically. Too bad the way to play it is auto mode and taking control just feels weird, even when mapping commands and buttons to a controller on PC.

Man, that's...something.

Definitely nail in the coffin for me, just uninstalled and don't plan on coming back. I get that they're trying to go down swinging, but they should probably be more careful not to punch their players in the face in the process.

Oh well, old MH will always be one of my favorite games of all time.

Yeah I like the way Future Fight looks more than Marvel Heroes. The characters have lower polygons, but they just look better artistically. Too bad the way to play it is auto mode and taking control just feels weird, even when mapping commands and buttons to a controller on PC.

Those missions you run on auto are just for farming resources. The core of the game is in a handful of endgame modes that actually require intelligently built characters and skillful/strategic play. They have a few co-op and faux-PvP modes too.

Drayco21

Frost, you promised me that Kaine would be in this game.

Frost, why are you letting your company kill this game before Kaine is in this game.

Fuck man, at least Future Fight still exists.

Ploid 3.0

I spent so much time with this game, my infinity points are so high too. All down the drain. Nothing released to make use of my power. I ended up fully gearing up to 8 or so characters. Still no omega gear so the unique gear had to be shared for a few other characters.

Oh, all of the costumes I collected. Dangit, this game was supposed to be the one. Diablo 3 is boring, there's Path of Exile with it's new patch at least, but that game is all solo, and no marvel.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I spent so much time with this game, my infinity points are so high too. All down the drain. Nothing released to make use of my power. I ended up fully gearing up to 8 or so characters. Still no omega gear so the unique gear had to be shared for a few other characters.

Oh, all of the costumes I collected. Dangit, this game was supposed to be the one. Diablo 3 is boring, there's Path of Exile with it's new patch at least, but that game is all solo, and no marvel.

Nothing is "down the drain".

That time you spent with the game didn't magically disappear. You probably got more out of it than most games you buy.

I'm playing on PS4, but I read the Omega prestige thing and it just seems like a total clusterfuck. That shouldn't be something you charge real money for nor should you spend a ton of splinters on top of prestiging 6 times. They make it sound like it's the greatest thing ever when it's mostly the same shit. It's like we should be grateful that this "feature" was added. They're charging expansion prices for something that is far from an expansion.
There has to be another way to make money off the fanbase. I actually like the game and I want it to keep going.

Destiny 2 couldn't come at a better/worse time.

Ploid 3.0

Nothing is "down the drain".

That time you spent with the game didn't magically disappear. You probably got more out of it than most games you buy.

Yeah, but since the BUE I was collecting for the content to come. Splinters, credit boxes to craft omega gear, a stock pile of good cosmic artifacts, and so on. The main thing I did was try to get infinity points for the future difficulty increase.

I'm going to keep my eye on things, and put up with the prestige system to get to high difficulties if it is interesting. I found out about the Defender's content because Wilfrid Wong (he puts youtube content out for Marvel heroes sometimes). I patched the game without finishing the video, but seeing the stats, I just didn't think any of my characters needed them.

I'm typing this as I multitask farming exp in Paragon (afk, hope that Epic Games gaf guy doesn't see this), which may also go in a strange direction. I should just play Warframe, try this Destiny 2 game out (too bad it's a FPS). I need a good loot game.

I'm playing on PS4, but I read the Omega prestige thing and it just seems like a total clusterfuck. That shouldn't be something you charge real money for nor should you spend a ton of splinters on top of prestiging 6 times. They make it sound like it's the greatest thing ever when it's mostly the same shit. It's like we should be grateful that this "feature" was added. They're charging expansion prices for something that is far from an expansion.
There has to be another way to make money off the fanbase. I actually like the game and I want it to keep going.

Destiny 2 couldn't come at a better/worse time.

The real money purchase is a big bundle that gets you quite a bit of stuff for that money, along with saving you the time/hassle of having to cosmic prestige Spidey. The value is there, for convenience.

Considering you get the majority of the Omega Prestige benefits immediately when you pay the splinter cost, it's really not all that terrible of a system. As long as reaching high OP levels isn't a baseline required for the Omega difficulties, it's a system people can ignore or make use of as they please.

Future Fight is great aesthetically, it's too bad 99% of the game is micromanaging menus and 1% is actually playing it. And the grind to even max one character is just insane. Every time I think to look in on it again I'm soon reminded of why I abandoned it.

My failure to unsubscribe from a Marvel thread for a game I haven't played seriously in a year has led to my downloading a Marvel phone game.

God damn it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This game was at least really fun and promising for a decent stretch of time. That's more than can be said for most game releases.

Also don't tell the other guys, but the MH thread is really the only GAF community I've ever had much affinity for.

RIP KePOW. Nvr 4get.

This game was at least really fun and promising for a decent stretch of time. That's more than can be said for most game releases.

Also don't tell the other guys, but the MH thread is really the only GAF community I've ever had much affinity for.

RIP KePOW. Nvr 4get.

I won't tell dokkangaf, your secret is safe. krazy!!!

Future Fight is great aesthetically, it's too bad 99% of the game is micromanaging menus and 1% is actually playing it.

This is factually incorrect. The game has changed a lot since some of you dropped it. There are lots of modes you can spend time playing.

And the grind to even max one character is just insane. Every time I think to look in on it again I'm soon reminded of why I abandoned it.

There's actually a tipping point you hit where maxing out characters becomes really easy. And no, you don't need to spend a lot of money to get there either.

Rhaknar

What happened to kepow anyway? I had to block him on steam because he was saying weird shit to me all the time.

he was a ignorant racist homophobic fuck under the guise of "oh kepow u so crazy"

Blank!

This is factually incorrect. The game has changed a lot since some of you dropped it. There are lots of modes you can spend time playing.

There's actually a tipping point you hit where maxing out characters becomes really easy. And no, you don't need to spend a lot of money to get there either.

I tried getting into Future Fight again recently, but like any of those games (SW:G, etc.) if you don't play all the time or take a long break, you just get so far behind you're almost overwhelmed with various modes/events/characters/systems/etc.

It likely doesn't help that I have pokemon-syndrome where I want to collect/level up everyone, not just chase who is "meta"... and by the time you get that "meta" team, a new meta has emerged for you to chase after.

(EDIT) Odds on how long they'll bother with PC development? I'm surprised they haven't gone full on console mode and just ported that version over... they must still have a couple whales willing to shell out I guess.

I don't understand why the omega system has you unable to use the gear you spent endgame farming.

If you're constantly leveling and prestige at the end you never get to use it.

Who thought about this?

Top Bottom