• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

Mask

Went back through a few pages and didn't see any mention, but I found a lucrative glitch. Only works on first start-up though.

Go through the tutorial level until you get to the point where they give you 400 shards, and the shield woman tells you to buy a hero. Just stop at that point and put the controller down until the game returns to the main menu for idling, then start again and get back to the same point. You get another 400 shards, I ended up with 3 heros this way.

Sorry if it's already been mentioned before, can't search on mobile properly.

Hyun Sai

Went back through a few pages and didn't see any mention, but I found a lucrative glitch. Only works on first start-up though.

Go through the tutorial level until you get to the point where they give you 400 shards, and the shield woman tells you to buy a hero. Just stop at that point and put the controller down until the game returns to the main menu for idling, then start again and get back to the same point. You get another 400 shards, I ended up with 3 heros this way.

Sorry if it's already been mentioned before, can't search on mobile properly.

LOL they didn't fix this ? Seems like it was already the case in the beta.

Mask

LOL they didn't fix this ? Seems like it was already the case in the beta.

Nope! Still worked a day or so ago, didn't go too crazy with it, but it still worked for getting Cyclops, Nova and Squirrel Girl straight away xD

You'd think this would be the first thing they'd fix tbh lol

Menome

Nope! Still worked a day or so ago, didn't go too crazy with it, but it still worked for getting Cyclops, Nova and Squirrel Girl straight away xD

You'd think this would be the first thing they'd fix tbh lol

It's not working as of yesterday's 1.04 patch.

How come the civil war ant man suit can't be bought?

Do you already own it? Not enough Gs?

I haven't checked much yet on the store. I maxed out my inventory space and have been leveling up Spider-Man. I'll try to hit 60 on him tonight, then figure out who I want to level next. I'm leaning to either Rocket or the Punisher.

Do you already own it? Not enough Gs?

I haven't checked much yet on the store. I maxed out my inventory space and have been leveling up Spider-Man. I'll try to hit 60 on him tonight, then figure out who I want to level next. I'm leaning to either Rocket or the Punisher.
I have 500 gs but even the ones that are 900 are still open for purchase and not grayed out.

So right now, you'll get 900 splinters starting out (400 from tutorial and 500 as a gift).

Since you get the 500 right when you log-in, couldn't you wait to complete the tutorial after the update that fixes the reward to 525 instead of 400, for a total of 1025 splinters? I only realized this after I completed the tutorial earlier. It's only 125 more splinters but free is free. Just thought I'd throw that out there if someone wanted to try.

So right now, you'll get 900 splinters starting out (400 from tutorial and 500 as a gift).

Since you get the 500 right when you log-in, couldn't you wait to complete the tutorial after the update that fixes the reward to 525 instead of 400, for a total of 1025 splinters? I only realized this after I completed the tutorial earlier. It's only 125 more splinters but free is free. Just thought I'd throw that out there if someone wanted to try.

Maybe, but have they announced the patch date? I imagine you can earn those splinters just playing the game and have a few heroes at the level cap.

mackaveli

How do you get more costumes?

I was reading you can throw in 3 costumes to create a random costume once you get a crafter to 20?

Does this work by using the default costumes or you have to have extra costume as a character that has only the default you can't use as that is the only costume they have?

Toki767

I've made it to level 31 with Magik so far.

Enjoying playing as her. Nice mix of melee and magic.

Plus she says "Dasvidaniya, jackass"

Menome

Will the ant man civil war costume be guaranteed if I get a loot box or is it random?

Random. If it's the same as the PC version, costumes can also drop as loot, but it's so rare that you may as well try your luck on the lottery, win it, then buy a thousand boxes. It's better odds.

Random. If it's the same as the PC version, costumes can also drop as loot, but it's so rare that you may as well try your luck on the lottery, win it, then buy a thousand boxes. It's better odds.
Thanks! And the best way to grind for splinters are patrols? I only have mid town how do I get more?

Hyun Sai

Oh nice,

Can't wait to play this on Tuesday.

Is there a list of heroes that I can get at the start with ES?
You receive 525 splinter so you can choose any hero minus the more expensive ones (Spidey, Deadpool, Iron Man...). You can play any hero up to level 10 to get a feel of them (minus those tied to exclusive packs like War Machine).

Toki767

Up to level 42 with Magik now.

I've only gotten like 110 eternity splinters from playing the game though.

It's going to be a long time playing before I can earn enough for another character. Especially now that they raised the prices.

I feel like most people are probably going to play through the story with one character and then drop the game entirely when they can't use another character.

Up to level 42 with Magik now.

I've only gotten like 110 eternity splinters from playing the game though.

It's going to be a long time playing before I can earn enough for another character. Especially now that they raised the prices.

I feel like most people are probably going to play through the story with one character and then drop the game entirely when they can't use another character.

Shouldn't you have 900ish with the freebies they tossed out this weekend?

Ultimately, Gaz is trying to get you to buy characters. I don't like some of the console decisions, especially not having the random hero box for 175, but I see why they do it.

I tossed then way too much money already so I have plenty of heroes to level, but I feel your frustration. If enough players quit early, they'll examine their prices. I spent currency on my inventory space, and will keep saving up splinters for future purchases.

Toki767

Shouldn't you have 900ish with the freebies they tossed out this weekend?

Ultimately, Gaz is trying to get you to buy characters. I don't like some of the console decisions, especially not having the random hero box for 175, but I see why they do it.

I tossed then way too much money already so I have plenty of heroes to level, but I feel your frustration. If enough players quit early, they'll examine their prices. I spent currency on my inventory space, and will keep saving up splinters for future purchases.
Yeah. I started with 900.

Spent 525 in Magik.

So was down to 375 after that and currently have 490.

The thing is though is that people starting Tuesday aren't going to start with 900. They'll start with 525.

Which means they're even more screwed.

Yeah. I started with 900.

Spent 525 in Magik.

So was down to 375 after that and currently have 490.

The thing is though is that people starting Tuesday aren't going to start with 900. They'll start with 525.

Which means they're even more screwed.

Yeah, they really need to extend to 500 splinter thing to everyone starting out. The new splinter prices are stupid and will hurt the company long-term. Giving your players the chance to get a couple of heroes early on is a good call.

If you stick it out with the game, you'll eventually have more splinters than you know what to do with. At least that was my case on the PC version.

Hyun Sai

Yeah, the game will be a ghost town if they keep up those prices. And they obviously nerfed splinter drop rate. Only looted around 75 with my level 40 character.

It's a very bad business model. You want to make characters affordable (especially with around 38 of them) and make your cash on the cosmetics ala Dota 2.

Let's see if there are some daily or weekly activities to gain more splinters, but right now, people will leave en masse if they see they only got around 150 splinters maxing one character.

mackaveli

If you get multiple heroes does each hero have inventory space (to use as mules)?

Also can you only increase inventory space with real currency?

Like I plan on not spending a dime on this game initially and was wondering will this hold me back from experiencing the whole game?

Toki767

If you get multiple heroes does each hero have inventory space (to use as mules)?

Also can you only increase inventory space with real currency?

Like I plan on not spending a dime on this game initially and was wondering will this hold me back from experiencing the whole game?
You share inventory space across characters from what I know.

The first 10 extra slots are 200G ($2) with each one after being 500G ($5).

The kick is that it used to be 5 slots for 200G no matter how many you got. Which is cheaper overall because aside from the first purchase on the new price, it went from 400G to 500G for 10 slots.

And then they tried to say that they made inventory slots cheaper.

It's some super shady stuff between the private beta/PC version and this open beta console version.

mackaveli

You share inventory space across characters from what I know.

The first 10 extra slots are 200G ($2) with each one after being 500G ($5).

The kick is that it used to be 5 slots for 200G no matter how many you got. Which is cheaper overall because aside from the first purchase on the new price, it went from 400G to 500G for 10 slots.

And then they tried to say that they made inventory slots cheaper.

It's some super shady stuff between the private beta/PC version and this open beta console version.

So no way to increase inventory without spending real money?

Top Bottom