• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Rivals Early Reviewers aren't allowed to leave bad reviewes

Draugoth

Gold Member
Multiple creators asked for key codes to gain access to the playtest and are asked to sign a contract.

The contract signs away your right to negatively review the game.

Many streamers have signed without reading just to play Insanity.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
At least they didn't say you can't make an Objective review.

"Some may like this game because it controls this way and other people not so much".

Moneal

This won't hold up at all. There is no way they will attempt to enforce this because it will make them look worse than any bad review could ever do.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Guess we really can't trust anyone else but ourselves when it comes to judging a game's quality.
That's right friend.

While the supposed video game analysts at Meristation were not committed to finishing Gollum.

I took the initiative to finish that monstrosity to the end even with bugs... And indeed it was a mediocre game.

But I did it alone and with my perseverance.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
No one should be trusting the impressions of these personalities who get early access to shit anyway. They’re given preview access for a reason in most cases.

A few streamers have pointed out that some of the bigger streamers out there are still able to get away with criticism, which means that there seems to be a clout filter happening here.

That makes this more odd.

DrFigs

I don't think its a big deal. literally don't agree to the terms. no one is forcing you to participate in the closed alpha.
if its a matter of just not being able to trust previews, then it shouldn't be a problem. either you trust someone's opinion on gaming and so you believe them if they say the game is good or you don't and their opinion is irrelevant anyway.

Last edited:

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
So this is made by the company that made Diablo immortal? Stay the fuck away from this then, holy shit the level of predatory decisions in that game is insane.

Saber

Keypoints here are that multiple didn't even read when signed and this game is apparently made by the Diablo garbage phone game(surprisesurprise).

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if most are fine with it. Most of them just want the review code and not paying for it.

I totally support the idea of reviwers spend their own money on the game for review purposes. That way they gonna think twice about giving good scores for unndeserved companies.

Last edited:

midnightAI

Miscommunication...
Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Last edited:

e0n

Are people really falling for obvious jokes? The "disparaging phrases" section is fake and the game is f2p either way.

Last edited:
Multiple creators asked for key codes to gain access to the playtest and are asked to sign a contract.

The contract signs away your right to negatively review the game.

Many streamers have signed without reading just to play Insanity.

Hulk got no ass! LMFAO! Fuck these companies.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
If any of these people have a backbone, they’ll say nothing at all about the game. Their silence would speak volumes.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I watched some folks play last night and it looked like a lot of fun honestly,

That said… Diablo immortal is absolutely pay to win. I imagine this game will be that too or just have insanely over priced skins.

Shit practice obviously. I'd make a video with absolutely no commentary outside of 'here is gameplay for the new marvel game, make your own mind up' and proceed to show unedited footage of it. If it's bad, people will see that.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I’d like to thank the studio behind Diablo Immortal for allowing me to review this amazing game, which I would never describe as “Fauxverwatch”, “Bootleg Overwatch”, “we have Overwatch at home”, “Overwatch but less fun”, “Overwatch with even worse microtransactions”, “Blowverwatch”, “even gayer and that’s saying something Overwatch” or any other pejorative.

I think it's called humor, guys.

I've been watching Lirik play the game and honestly it looks like a polished and solid Overwatch clone.

Top Bottom