• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel: Rivals Officialy Announced

ElRenoRaven

This is going down in complete and utter flames. Marvel should be ashamed for even allowing this.

Last edited:

Hemingwayoffbase

Gold Member
A Marvel themed hero shooter…

fh7mwTn.gif

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
God that looks shite.
And what's the deal with Galact-ess there?
Bet they don't even call her "Galact-lass".

Dont you dare slander Galacta.
She unironically has a really fun solo run.
Theyve pretty much abandoned the character now, but any chance to get more Galacta is a win.

clean.jpg

Superkewl

Gold Member
Might be good. The fact that it is being made by Netease makes me believe that there wont be any purple haired politics in it.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
How powerful is she?
Very, but she's still an "infant", so not near anywhere galactus himself; she getd hungry like him, but earth food satisfies her well enough, she just eats giant meals like goku.

Equal to Galactus but also has imagination so in theory she could do things Galactus literally couldnt imagine.
Shes just much much more benevolent so she doesnt just fuck shit up.

Its why she figured out a way to NOT need to eat the universe.
She also came up with a solution of using mutant healing factor and applying it to cosmic entities so she and her family could effectively be forever full, a piece for breakfast, it heals by lunch so you eat it again rinse and repeat.
(might have the actually solution slightly off, twas like 10 years ago i last saw Galacta)

Note. The Power Cosmic is basically the power of whatever within this universe, why Galactus ever even has problems is down to other cosmic beings and him just not having the imagination necessary to sort out most issues.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Equal to Galactus but also has imagination so in theory she could do things Galactus literally couldnt imagine.
I seem to recall him explaining to her that she was still growing with her use of the power cosmic, but then again it's also been a decade since I last saw her, so it could be just a false memory.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
The game looks legit amazing.

I am concerned with GAF with how out of touch it is becoming with mainstream gaming.

It looks like every dime a dozen co-op MP shooter out. Just with Marvel characters.

Success

It looks like every dime a dozen co-op MP shooter out. Just with Marvel characters.

Faust, I respect you and what you do for the community here at NeoGAF. You are helping to keep this site running and focused.

We have been in gaming for a long time and this does not look like a regular shooter. Just look at the Hulk and Spiderman gameplay. The focus is on meele for them. Plus the level of verticality is really good.

This is not some single player game trying to shoe-in a GaaS.

This is an multiplayer game which looks more like a MOBA like Smite than a shooter like Overwatch.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Faust, I respect you and what you do for the community here at NeoGAF. You are helping to keep this site running and focused.

We have been in gaming for a long time and this does not look like a regular shooter. Just look at the Hulk and Spiderman gameplay. The focus is on meele for them. Plus the level of verticality is really good.

This is not some single player game trying to shoe-in a GaaS.

This is an multiplayer game which looks more like a MOBA like Smite than a shooter like Overwatch.

I do see where you are coming from in terms of SMITE, but it lacks the interesting builds via items and game modes that the MOBA genre has. Gameplay wise, it just looks like Overwatch to me with the same basic game modes of TDM, Control, and Cargo Moving. Honestly, at this point I would love for there to be a moba mode in these games or even the same level of variety that Unreal Tournament had. There are a lot of modes you can do in a MP game without relying so heavily on the same 3 basic types that we seem endlessly stuck with.

As for verticality, I am just not seeing it. Hulk can jump a little higher and Iron Man hovers, but I don't see this having aerial dog fights or the like. It just like Pharrah without a limit and another OW character who can jump high, but I forget the name of.

Also not sure if this was the case so apologies if I misunderstood the situation, but you don't need to do the niceties and all. You can disagree without fear of any actions taken against you. We are all gamers at the end of the day and we will not always come to the same conclusion about a game (as long as it doesn't devolve into insults and the like!) :p

I do hope that the game is good though, if only because I need a good MP shooter now that TF2 is dead and RNG-hell has taken root with the Battle Royale genre.

MrRibeye

This game has hero synergies, the likes of which Overwatch does not have and that makes it mechanically much more interesting than other team shooters. However, if it wasn't for the Team Up Activated banner in the bottom corner, I would've entirely missed it from happening while watching the trailer. I had to watch it twice to notice, really. But still cool ideas in here.

1UM2KSJGqkqb.png

GWUxcNI6lW0k.png

OYUgJyNtVsxn.png

Last edited:

IDappa

If its f2p, I'll try it out after they add a bunch of characters. Where the fuck is the punisher in a marvel shooter
There’s a leaked screenshot of characters and punishers in there I believe.

I think it looks good, don’t get the hate. Loved OG overwatch until they fucked with it to much. If it feels like that I’m in. Digging the character designs and art style too. Really don’t get the hate.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I could write a thesis on how bad that trailer is. So much wrong.

Game is pure grade A dog shit.

Cancel it now. Save your money.

Jinzo Prime

This game has hero synergies, the likes of which Overwatch does not have and that makes it mechanically much more interesting than other team shooters. However, if it wasn't for the Team Up Activated banner in the bottom corner, I would've entirely missed it from happening while watching the trailer. I had to watch it twice to notice, really. But still cool ideas in here.

1UM2KSJGqkqb.png

GWUxcNI6lW0k.png

OYUgJyNtVsxn.png
Somehow, I only noticed the Rocket/Groot one. This game looks like it's still in early pre-alpha, kinda weird to show gameplay right now.

Dzab

It doesn't look too bad. I'd play it if it's free and gets support, and runs well. Colours and style look good, even if it looks like stuff we see in other hero shooters.

Basically third person Overwatch, and OW itself is just unbearable to see now, each new character looks more stupid than the last.
At least Marvel has a huge catalogue of already interesting characters to put in this game, whether they do it well is a different story, lol, but still

Success

I do see where you are coming from in terms of SMITE, but it lacks the interesting builds via items and game modes that the MOBA genre has. Gameplay wise, it just looks like Overwatch to me with the same basic game modes of TDM, Control, and Cargo Moving. Honestly, at this point I would love for there to be a moba mode in these games or even the same level of variety that Unreal Tournament had. There are a lot of modes you can do in a MP game without relying so heavily on the same 3 basic types that we seem endlessly stuck with.

As for verticality, I am just not seeing it. Hulk can jump a little higher and Iron Man hovers, but I don't see this having aerial dog fights or the like. It just like Pharrah without a limit and another OW character who can jump high, but I forget the name of.

Also not sure if this was the case so apologies if I misunderstood the situation, but you don't need to do the niceties and all. You can disagree without fear of any actions taken against you. We are all gamers at the end of the day and we will not always come to the same conclusion about a game (as long as it doesn't devolve into insults and the like!) :p

I do hope that the game is good though, if only because I need a good MP shooter now that TF2 is dead and RNG-hell has taken root with the Battle Royale genre.

You make a good point about the items, I doubt Marvel Rivals will have items like Smite or LoL.

Just showing my appreciation for your work Faust. People underestimate the work and stress modding a big site like NeoGAF takes.

Top Bottom