• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Studios SDCC Panel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scheduled to start at 5:30pm Pacific Time (Time Converter)

Live Blog by ComingSoon

Live Blog by Marvel

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 trailer has been confirmed but Gunn has said the trailer won't go up for the public.
Doctor Strange trailer is a big possibility as well as more info on Spider-Man and Thor Ragnarok.

Upcoming MCU release dates:

• Doctor Strange - November 4, 2016
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - May 5, 2017
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming - July 7, 2017
  • Thor: Ragnarok - November 3, 2017

UPDATES:
- New Marvel Studios logo revealed
- New Thor: Ragnarok logo revealed

Casting for Black Panther Revealed & New Logo
  • Lupita Nyong'o is Nakia
  • Michael B Jordan is Erik Killmonger
  • Danai Gurira is Okoye

CoF1DkyVUAAEkii.jpg

CoF3f5BWcAQysC6.jpg

CoF6cvBXgAAhsco.jpg:large

CoGAaZYUIAEcC5E.jpg

CoF20QLUsAAspRp.jpg:large

13700195_1429162320433669_5837811038014660898_n.jpg

u5HHeYd.jpg

What hat will Kevin wear this year?

Neoxon

tumblr_n5drkjZr8X1tx9id2o1_400.gif

It's it possible we get new info on black panther?
Maybe concept art, but not much else beyond that since I don't think they've started filming, yet.

Either way, I'm hyped for this. I have my iTunes account & my debit card ready just in case they announce any Awesome Mix Vol. 2 songs at the panel.

Permanently A

" Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 trailer has been confirmed but Gunn has said the trailer won't go up for the public. "

Why do they do this?

Brie Larson's already there for Kong. Bring her on and announce it already.

Gunn was hyping up new security systems in place for SDCC, but I hope somebody manages to capture it.

Sheroking

Doctor Strange is past due for a full trailer, so I think that's the one that's going to get the full online release.

Can't wait to watch the shakey-cam trailer for Guardians 2, because Marvel refuses to follow WB's lead and just release this shit.

jax

Banned
I was gonna try and stand in line but decided it wasn't worth it, heh. Stoked for what they announce though.

Pachimari

Okay I can't sleep and I am SO ready for this!

[edit] Wait, no GotG2 trailer for us peeps at home? Fuck it, I'm going back to sleep.

Neoxon

" Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 trailer has been confirmed but Gunn has said the trailer won't go up for the public. "

Why do they do this?
No GotG2 trailer for the public? BOOOOOOOOuurrns.
I'll chime in on the disappointment
Marvel Studios prefers to wait until the special effects for the scenes they want to feature in the trailer are fully complete before they show footage off to the public. While I don't like that Marvel isn't gonna release the GotG Vol. 2 footage to the public, I can understand why.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Why is Comic Con not streamed? If they don't want to show the trailers they can film the crowd or whatever.

jmizzal

Its crazy i'm more hyped for the upcoming DC movies then the Marvel movies

Doctor Strange - November 4, 2016 - Will watch on Bluray
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - May 5, 2017 - Loved the first so i'm there day 1
Spider-Man: Homecoming - July 7, 2017 - Will go watch it but dang 3rd Spider Man reboot
Thor: Ragnarok - November 3, 2017 - will wait for Blu Ray

Where as DC i'm there Day 1 on Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman and Justice League

olympia

super ready

it sucks that they aren't going to upload the gotg2 but it's also kind of thrilling to read trailer descriptions like back in the dark ages.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - May 5, 2017 - Loved the first so i'm there day 1
Spider-Man: Homecoming - July 7, 2017 - Will go watch it but dang 3rd Spider Man reboot

Good for you?

Pachimari

No GotG2 trailer? Oh the anger that will be flowing in this hall.
There'll be a trailer there, just not online.

I also don't expect anything Spidey related to be honest.. Maybe a concept art of Hulk in his armor for Thor: Ragnarok, and a Dr Strange trailer published online. Oh, and Brie Larson as Captain Marvel, which I would probably hate.

ezekial45

Banned
After what DC/WB did today, I'm wondering if Marvel will reconsider on the holding back on releasing the trailers today.

Yeah,... that's crazy alright.

okay enjoy you're blood pie.

El Topo

It's crazy how far off some of their movies still are. Black Panther won't be out for about one and a half year, Captain Marvel is even two and a half years away.

Nobody asked for this...

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

It feels so good to like both movie franchises, I get to watch so much good shit.

Is this everyone's first SDCC?

The stuff shown rarely ever gets released. Lots of it is usually full of early and unfinished shots.

I want that GOTG2 trailer as bad as anyone but Marvel doesn't 'owe' me it. The people who paid money and stood in line for hours to get in there are the ones who deserve it.

jmizzal

There'll be a trailer there, just not online.

I also don't expect anything Spidey related to be honest.. Maybe a concept art of Hulk in his armor for Thor: Ragnarok, and a Dr Strange trailer published online. Oh, and Brie Larson as Captain Marvel, which I would probably hate.

I'm expecting a teaser from SpiderMan, but that's it.

jackdoe

In fairness, Marvel's doing the norm for SDCC. WB bucked the trend by putting all their trailers online. I can't be too upset about that.
We just need a repeat of last year's Suicide Squad footage. Watchable quality cam footage leaks online, forcing Marvel to upload legitimate footage to Youtube to combat it.

strafer

i wont be able to follow this, im going to sleep.

But i want something Guardians 2 and Thor 3 and maybe a Sif solo movie reveal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom