• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Studios SDCC Panel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HariKari

We just need a repeat of last year's Suicide Squad footage. Super high quality cam footage leaks online, forcing Marvel to upload legitimate footage to Youtube to combat it.

Why does Marvel insist on the exclusivity? DC had a good showing. People are going to want to see what Marvel has.

ezekial45

Banned
Is this everyone's first SDCC?

The stuff shown rarely ever gets released. Lots of it is usually full of early and unfinished shots.

I want that GOTG2 trailer as bad as anyone but Marvel doesn't 'owe' me it. The people who paid money and stood in line for hours to get in there are the ones who deserve it.

Did you miss earlier today when DC/WB released all the 'exclusive' trailers for their movies online after showing them to the crowd at SDCC? They're still shooting JL, yet we got a fairly lengthy trailer for it. So I don't see why they can't show off anything for GOTG when it just wrapped production.

In light of all that, this just comes off as a bit stingy of Marvel, and it's just gonna encourage people to release bootleg footage of it online.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Mads looks different.
gH9p4zvl.png

I think they will have 2 trailers available to the public. A new Strange trailer (safe bet) and 1 Teaser. Not sure of it will be Spidey or Thor or what but I just think they'll throw a teaser out there

Neoxon

No reason that they can't or shouldn't release whatever they're showing online.
As stated earlier, it's because Marvel wants the effects to be complete before they release any footage online. I'm not a big fan of that logic, but I can understand why they'd want to go that route.

S1kkZ

Did you miss earlier today when DC/WB released all the 'exclusive' trailers for their movies online after showing them to the crowd at SDCC? They're still shooting JL, yet we got a fairly lengthy trailer for it. So I don't see why they can't show off anything for GOTG when it just wrapped production.

In light of all that, this just comes off as a bit stingy of Marvel, and it's just gonna encourage people to release bootleg footage of it online.

because they dont have to. after batman v superman, wb was under pressure and tried to convince people of the upcoming stuff (and they did).

marvel doesnt need to do that.

Its crazy i'm more hyped for the upcoming DC movies then the Marvel movies

Doctor Strange - November 4, 2016 - Will watch on Bluray
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - May 5, 2017 - Loved the first so i'm there day 1
Spider-Man: Homecoming - July 7, 2017 - Will go watch it but dang 3rd Spider Man reboot
Thor: Ragnarok - November 3, 2017 - will wait for Blu Ray

Where as DC i'm there Day 1 on Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman and Justice League

What they're rebooting Spider-Man AGAIN???

because they dont have to. after batman v superman, wb was under pressure and tried to convince people of the upcoming stuff (and they did).

No, Warner Bros started this trend last year and continued it this year. People forget that outside of Suicide Squad last year, I think everything from the Warner Bros panel went up after it was shown in the hall.

jmood88

We just need a repeat of last year's Suicide Squad footage. Watchable quality cam footage leaks online, forcing Marvel to upload legitimate footage to Youtube to combat it.
Marvel acts like they're guarding the nuclear codes. Anyone who even tries to record will get kicked out and probably have their phones taken.

Oh yeah I get it, but that's definitely not the norm for big movies.

Anyways, maybe we'll get some potatocam leaks. Better than nothing

ezekial45

Banned

I disagree, I do think they should release. You can say they did it as damage control or whatever, but the fact is DC/WB just showed a pretty substantial amount of content for their next lineup, and Marvel is just being secretive for no reason. The exclusive CC footage stuff just doesn't work anymore.

And again, it's just going to encourage people in the crowd to record and upload it on their own. I can almost guarantee that we'll see bootleg footage of it. Time and time again, it's been proven that you can't trust everyone in Hall H.

Pachimari

I also don't think that the people going there deserve to see these trailers exclusively because they have paid for it. That's some bullshit in this time and age. They get too see their idols, all of the actors and directors, and get to hang out with other like-minded people, but they don't deserve a trailer, when a majority of us are just as huge fans but simply can't attend.

olympia

I also don't think that the people going there deserve to see these trailers exclusively because they have paid for it. That's some bullshit in this time and age. They get too see their idols, all of the actors and directors, and get to hang out with other like-minded people, but they don't deserve a trailer, when a majority of us are just as huge fans but simply can't attend.

it's an even smaller group because only a few attendees can get into hall H for these panels

y2dvd

It was the same arguments last year. SDCC attendees should expect exclusivity. It's part of the sell. I haven't even been and I recognized that. Would it piss me off not being able to see exclusive trailers? Sure, but I get wanting to show it only to a crowd that had spent good time and money to such an event.

And Marvel ain't hurting to rush these out to us. DC needs to after the lukewarm reception of BvS.

Rogan

Banned

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - May 5, 2017 - Loved the first so i'm there day 1
Spider-Man: Homecoming - July 7, 2017 - Will go watch it but dang 3rd Spider Man reboot

Lol

Pachimari

it's not too early for the Captain Marvel casting announcement right?
Rumors says we'll get the casting announcement now. Probably Brie Larson.

What I don't understand is, why people expect Wasp to only turn up in Infinity Ward, when they have said, that she will play a big role throughout phase 3. To me that sounds like the plan is to include her in multiple films.

it's an even smaller group because only a few attendees can get into hall H for these panels
It doesn't change my opinion on them not deserving exclusive trailers. It's crazy.

Neoxon

they just started shooting. no way they will have something ready (maybe a behind the scenes). but i would be happy if we get official pics of the costume and maybe the villain(s).
Don't underestimate Marvel Studios. They had footage for GotG Vol. 1 for SDCC 2013 when they were still filming.

Glass Rebel

i raise my steak to this post

Pachimari

they just started shooting. no way they will have something ready (maybe a behind the scenes). but i would be happy if we get official pics of the costume and maybe the villain(s).
Official pics of the costume? But it's literally the same as the one in Civil War. But yeah, I would like to know who some of these castings are playing.

Don't underestimate Marvel Studios. They had footage for GotG Vol. 1 for SDCC 2013 when they were still filming.
But surely they won't release such a thing online, seeing they want their special effects to be presentable..

otakukidd

It was the same arguments last year. SDCC attendees should expect exclusivity. It's part of the sell. I haven't even been and I recognized that. Would it piss me off not being able to see exclusive trailers? Sure, but I get wanting to show it only to a crowd that had spent good time and money to such an event.

And Marvel ain't hurting to rush these out to us. DC needs to after the lukewarm reception of BvS.
The sell is going to comic con. If marvel for some strange reason decided not to go one year it doesn't mean the comic con ticket prices would get cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom