• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 announced for PS4, XB1 and PC

what is the dlc?

The MUA1 dlc was Cyclops, Hawkeye, Hulk, Nightcrawler, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Sabretooth and Venom. So these aren't really minor characters. Some heavy hitters from the Marvel universe were previously missing from the game. MUA2 still may be missing some content.

black070

Just to let people know - MUA 2 included all the DLC from the start, and already ran at a near stable 60fps.

MUA1 was the one missing DLC (which has now been patched in) and suffered from drops (yet to be confirmed whether the patch helped).

PhaZZe

Banned
The MUA1 dlc was Cyclops, Hawkeye, Hulk, Nightcrawler, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Sabretooth and Venom. So these aren't really minor characters. Some heavy hitters from the Marvel universe were previously missing from the game. MUA2 still may be missing some content.
WOWOWOW!
thats great!, still a bit expensive :(

Looks like this is the most active thread about the game...so do these game run alright on xbox one now? I noticed they were on sale on the storefront, and the price is a little more reasonable and in line with what remasters are.

Looks like this is the most active thread about the game...so do these game run alright on xbox one now? I noticed they were on sale on the storefront, and the price is a little more reasonable and in line with what remasters are.

I don't think there were any particularly bad performance issues on console, outside of MUA1 more or less running at 30 FPS which is still more consistent than the original release.

Rewatching Avengers right now... That shot of Iron Man shooting Cap's shield got me in the mood to play this again.

Sounds like things are looking up for these? Might wait for a sale and grab them.

HotHamBoy

I want to but.... $40 still too much for me

Just get the first one for $24. The second game isn't worth it.

And there's no reason to pick up both games at once, anyway. If you really want MUA2 you can pick it up next time it goes on sale, might even be cheaper then.

Menome

Thought I'd just let UK folks know: Both games are on sale at £15.99 each on PSN until the 8th February, so you can get both games for just over the price of one normally.

I purchased the pack on the Xbox a few days ago (took advantage of the sale price), thus far I've not seen any frame rate issues nor other game breaking bugs. I understand things may have been tinkered with via updates or so forth between the release last year and now, but are people still not interested in the game(s) ?

Was the standard price a turn off ?

I have the pc versions, 360 and ps3 versions. I stopped myself from getting it on ps4 and pc when it first came out (the controller issue was what ultimately stopped me from buying it on Steam on day 1).

I'm enjoying them now as I did when I first played them, no problem paying for them (even at higher than you'd like prices) when I'm enjoying them so much.

I purchased the pack on the Xbox a few days ago (took advantage of the sale price), thus far I've not seen any frame rate issues nor other game breaking bugs. I understand things may have been tinkered with via updates or so forth between the release last year and now, but are people still not interested in the game(s) ?

Was the standard price a turn off ?

I have the pc versions, 360 and ps3 versions. I stopped myself from getting it on ps4 and pc when it first came out (the controller issue was what ultimately stopped me from buying it on Steam on day 1).

I'm enjoying them now as I did when I first played them, no problem paying for them (even at higher than you'd like prices) when I'm enjoying them so much.

I waited for the patch and the dlc and a sale before pulling the trigger on UA1.

It was definitely the combo of poor performance, missing content, and high price that kept it from being a day one pick up for me. I've been very happy with the game thus far though.

Playing on PS4 for what it's worth.

ItIsOkBro

Was poking around in the files to try and edit in hard mode in MUA from that start...decided to check out some of the act 5 scripts. Saw some files for Apocalypse, didn't think anything of it at first. Then I remembered...wait a minute...Apocalypse, the final boss of XML2! Poked around in the other acts, Genosha in act 1, the briefings etc...turns out a huge portion of XML2 is in the files, maybe they tried to include it but changed their minds?

Was poking around in the files to try and edit in hard mode in MUA from that start...decided to check out some of the act 5 scripts. Saw some files for Apocalypse, didn't think anything of it at first. Then I remembered...wait a minute...Apocalypse, the final boss of XML2! Poked around in the other acts, Genosha in act 1, the briefings etc...turns out a huge portion of XML2 is in the files, maybe they tried to include it but changed their minds?

Whoa really??

MAtgS

Could be leftover junk data from when the game was 1st made. It used the same engine as the XML titles, right?

Top Bottom