• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance DLC Will Be Free, PC Patch Out Now

Activision has broken its silence on the disappointing Marvel Ultimate Alliance ports. As Marvel Games promised, the DLC is en route and a PC patch has been deployed.

The PC patch addresses a number of issues. These include:

Controller mapping improvements that address both Xbox One and Xbox 360 buttons, triggers, and a problem specifically with the A button
General improvements to audio and fixes for the crackling sounds
Improvements to player invitations for Marvel Ultimate Alliance
UI updates and fixes for desync/disconnection issues when playing online
DLC should be out in the coming weeks for Ultimate Alliance. The additional characters are already included in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. This will be a free update. We’ll update when it’s available.

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...liance-dlc-will-be-free-pc-patch-out-now.aspx

Credit goes to Lashman for finding out about this.

Dominator

I decided to hold off but I still really want these. I bought the Prototype bundle for $60 (it might have been $50, don't remember exactly) when that came out and I regret cause it's gone on sale for a lot cheaper.

Wow.

That's good news. Sounds like Marvel lit a fire under their ass.

Still not sure if I should get it on PC or PS4, though.

Neoxon

Good news. I look forward to actually getting the bundle when the MUA1 DLC gets added.

I'm glad that Marvel Games laid down the law.

Thats great of marvel but i'm waiting until the DLC characters are in MUA 1 and the price goes down to at least 20 each

A.Romero

Given Activision and Marvel, I'm still slightly concerned that the license will re-expire before they'll put it on sale.

Do you think that's a possibility?

I really want these games as I never had the chance to play them before but they are so expensive...

For example, MGSV or Witcher 3 came out in steam costing about $600 pesos (about 35 usd with the current exchange rate) and the MUA bundle came out costing $1200 pesos (aboout 60 USD). For reference, that's about half the minimum wage (monthly) here in Mexico. Games are a luxury item but still...

I know that's what it costs but it seems to me that is too expensive for a half assed port and it pisses me off that basically every other publisher adapts pricing to region except Activision.

It's just too much and it makes me mad to think that I might miss out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do you think that's a possibility?

It's always best to buy Acti's licensed games sooner rather than later as the end of the year approaches as it dumps unwanted licences when its FY rolls over (late December/early January) if it feels that a partial refund of the licensing cost would net more cash than sales revenue going forward through to the expiration date. This is why, for instance, the Bond games disappeared from digital services in January 2013 despite the release of 007 Legends just a few months earlier and there being roughly a year remaining on the licence agreement.

RedBoot

Will buy when the MUA1 DLC comes out. Good to see that Marvel's listening on this one.

As for waiting for a sale, Activision's sales tend to leave a bit to be desired, plus the fact that these are licensed titles might prevent them from being too cheap (I remember seeing the Amazing Spider-Man game only $15-20 off years after release).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Will buy when the MUA1 DLC comes out. Good to see that Marvel's listening on this one.

As for waiting for a sale, Activision's sales tend to leave a bit to be desired, plus the fact that these are licensed titles might prevent them from being too cheap (I remember seeing the Amazing Spider-Man game only $15-20 off years after release).

I don't know how the console versions fared in comparison, but Acti has been good about generously discounting on Steam titles it intends to ditch. Family Guy, for example, was discounted in March 2014, May, June, August, November and December (although its general Autumn and Winter Sale discount was only 25%).

Subaru

The console exclusive characters will be available on all versions?
Like, it will be possible to play as Colossus in MUA1 on PC?

Gren

Good, maybe I'll get it when it goes on sale. Sadly, I doubt it'll ever drop below $20 if the Deadpool reissue is anything to go by.

jwhit28

This isn't a product for me, but I do take Marvel much more seriously when they talk about how they want to improve their image in games. Can't wait for Marvel interactive universe.

The console exclusive characters will be available on all versions?
Like, it will be possible to play as Colossus in MUA1 on PC?

I believe we'll see all characters that appeared in the xbox 360 gold version come to ps4/xbone/pc but not characters that were platform exclusives on psp, etc.

jrmanimal

I hope they fix some minor issues in the console version too. Like the characters getting stuck in place sometimes...and I don't remember if it's from the original version, but AI companion sometimes just refuse to fight or keeps walking into the wall.

I still loved the game playing after all these years...I'll play it on hard when they drop the DLC.

I hope they fix some minor issues in the console version too. Like the characters getting stuck in place sometimes...and I don't remember if it's from the original version, but AI companion sometimes just refuse to fight or keeps walking into the wall.

I still loved the game playing after all these years...I'll play it on hard when they drop the DLC.

Yeah me too. I haven't had any problems with mua2 though so I jumped over to that one. Hopefully they fix up the console version of mua1.

hesho

If they can fix it this quickly, why release it in the state they released it in?

because ppl will still buy it... even at this high price too... My assumption is... they barely did any QA on it and let their customers do it for them. Saves a lot of money and time for them doing it this way.

Top Bottom