• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite: Alt Costume got shown (Cowboy Ghost Rider, Donte, etc)

DrArchon

The Character Pass is basically the same in structure as SFV (6 characters with an alternate costume for each). And like SFV, they make it pretty clear what you get in the description.

OK, but that just means they effectively have two $30 season passes for this game. I don't care if I know what's in them ahead of time, they're still terrible deals.

At least SFV made the character pass optional with fight money. No option for that here.

These costumes are mostly great. Love Chun and Hulk. Making me want to play again.

Hope they release a GOTY edition in a couple of years.

Where's Hot Ryu's beard though?

Skittles

Of course. God forbid Capcom tries to generate any goodwill for this game. Gotta milk the fanbase as much as they can.
Costume packs are explicitly created to milk fans in any game for the last 2 gens. Let's not single out capcom here

Yeah, but it's a "season pass". Ergo, you should be getting all the content that comes out this "season". That's just common sense, and to have it be otherwise is just milking your fans.

Do they really expect people to shell out $120 for all of the year 1 content for this game? That's insane.
Reading what's been offered in the season pass since day 1 helps

No, they don't. If you really like a characters look and you use them a lot you're supposed to buy it. It's not aimed for obsessive people like me which sucks.

Still steep as fuck if you're not fully committed to the game, but at least they're actually bundling them up at release, unlike in SFV where they waited over a year to do it.

Mesoian

OK, but that just means they effectively have two $30 season passes for this game. I don't care if I know what's in them ahead of time, they're still terrible deals.

At least SFV made the character pass optional with fight money. No option for that here.

Yup. It's not great.

But the whales will buy it.

Piccoro

I'm deeply offended that nobody but me recognizes Firebrand's costume as the Ultimate Gargoyle from Demon's Crest.

I'm planning to buy Demon's Crest in Virtual Console for ages, but I've never played it...

What about Arthur's new costume? Is it from the PSP's Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins?

Ridley327

Another $30 for the game on top of the season pass? Where's that one JPEG of that one anime character talking about going further than crazy when you need it?

Amazed Chris' costume isn't

DrArchon

Hold up, I read the OT again.

Is this $30 pack for all of the costumes that are gonna come out this year? Or just the 18 that are coming out with the first 3 DLC characters?

It better fucking be the former, because there's no way all of the year 1 content for this game is worth $150.

These costumes are so sick. I might have to spring for the whole pass, there's too many I want.

If these had been how the returning characters looked at launch people might not have complained as much.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
$30 for 18 costumes?

Another $30 for the game on top of the season pass? Where's that one JPEG of that one anime character talking about going further than crazy when you need it?

Tekken is charging $25 for two characters and a bowling mode nobody wants. This is how add on content works now, and don't act like this is the only game doing it.

Go look at how dead or alive 5 ultimate has done.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
They even got the Devil Trigger right for DmC Dante.

Also, the fact that they call Captain Marvel's Ms. Marvel outfit "Warbird" rather than Ms. Marvel is.....interesting. Is Kamala coming as a playable character?

That same costume was dubbed “Warbird” in Marvel Ult. Alliance as well. That game released way back in 2006 long before Kamala.

Jawmuncher

The Dante colors kinda suck. The OG and Dante Alt are the only ones that look good.

Spidey already has the Superior alt.

But right now it's exclusive to Homecoming digital purchase.

It's also Wave 2 so it'll be something else for him

Wave 2 is:
Evil Ryu
Command Mission X
Major Marvel
Superior Spiderman
War Hulk

Basically all of the Exlcusive or Preorder costumes.

Neoxon

That same costume was dubbed “Warbird” in Marvel Ult. Alliance as well. That game released way back in 2006 long before Kamala.
That makes sense. I guess it being dubbed the Ms. Marvel costume probably came later since it turned out to be the more popular costume through Captain Marvel's run as Ms. Marvel.

Sesha

I'm a bit disappointed that Nemesis doesn't look more like Mr. X, but I know why they didn't do that.

lol at Christmas Dante.

Top Bottom