• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite: Alt Costume got shown (Cowboy Ghost Rider, Donte, etc)

El Sabroso

Just a reminder in UMvC3 you could purchase a costume pack with outfits for all 48 characters for $20. Now it's 18 for $30.

Yet, sadly these prices are good to a lot of people. I have a hard time believing the price hike this gen is warranted.

UMvC3 wasn't at good price either, those were 1 skin 1 color, and no replacement for the Magneto one after removing it

Mediking

Wish they’d throw the early adapters a bone and discount these for the first 24 hours as a sign of thanks for selling us a less than stellar final product.

You bought Infinite day one? Full price?

Its price drop game. Always best to play the waiting game with Capcom.

I understand how you feel though.

Skittles

Just a reminder in UMvC3 you could purchase a costume pack with outfits for all 48 characters for $20. Now it's 18 for $30.

Yet, sadly these prices are good to a lot of people. I have a hard time believing the price hike this gen is warranted.
It's almost like game development has gotten progressively more expensive as the gens have gone on. Why else do you think no fighting game has launched with a roster larger than mvci this gen?

Sesha

It's almost like game development has gotten progressively more expensive as the gens have gone on. Why else do you think no fighting game has launched with a roster larger than mvci this gen?

Even so it doesn't warrant such a massive price hike.

Why does Donte look better than Dante?

Because they put more effort into DLC and original characters than the existing ones.

Early adopters were aware of what was on offer and they chose to buy it. They don't deserve anything further, no "make-goods" no "goodwill offerings, no "special thanks." If a product isn't good enough for the asking price, don't adopt it.

For whatever reason gamers want to whine about a product not being good, buy it anyway, then whine some more.

1. Why are you so heated?
2. Take a Xanax
3. I'm not whining or begging
4. Take another Xanax
5. Look up the definition of "throw a bone"

Neoxon

Tekken 7 too. Even with the arcade version the console version still launched with the roster it did.
As you said, Tekken 7 had 2 years to boost its roster from the arcade version (see SFIV between its arcade & console releases). KoFXIV is a solid point, though.

FSLink

Banned
Hulk, Morrigan and Ms Marvel are all great.

Everything else is mediocre-to-awful.

I'm so fucking pissed that we didn't get a BC ReArmed costume for Spencer. Fuck off.

1200x630bb.jpg
Probably Wave 2 sadly.

EYEL1NER

Bullshit prices compared to the UMvC3 costume pass. I was 'in' for them once the game was announced though (because of course it would have purchasable costumes) but that price sucks.

Some of those look really good: Joe Fixit Hulk, Chun, Morrigan, Warbird Marvel, Donte...
Morrigan's is especially good. I'm still disappointed in her atrocious in-game VA/accent though.

Skittles

Even so it doesn't warrant such a massive price hike.
Price for individual costumes is too much though. Shoulda been $3 at most(preferably 2) per costume. Bundle prices are fine though
Is this sarcasm?

KOF XIV exists.
Fair enough, but it took a huge hit in graphics to do it. Theres also blazblu, but that reuses assets from previous iterations

El Sabroso

Yeah, but UMvC3 had more than 4 colors per character for their base outfit, so it balances out.

the skins being purchased had 1, not 6, those 6 colors were not using any skin purchased which is the point, here in MVCi any skin has 4 colors, not saying it justifies the price but ppl cannot say UMvC3 had good price either tbh

I didn't have much problem with the design of Donte (just that, you know, he's not Dante). If he had been a new character in DMC like Nero he would have been fine.

But how the hell are you gonna bring the design and not use Donte's cool ass sword? His version looked miles better than Dante's Rebellion.

Sesha

Price for individual costumes is too much though. Shoulda been $3 at most(preferably 2) per costume. Bundle prices are fine though

Fair enough, but it took a huge hit in graphics to do it. Theres also blazblu, but that reuses assets from previous iterations

Infinite ain't exactly a spring rose graphically either. And it had assets to work from, and launched with less than half the number of new characters that KoF14 did.

Bullshit prices compared to the UMvC3 costume pass. I was 'in' for them once the game was announced though (because of course it would have purchasable costumes) but that price sucks.

Some of those look really good: Joe Fixit Hulk, Chun, Morrigan, Warbird Marvel, Donte...
Morrigan's is especially good. I'm still disappointed in her atrocious in-game VA/accent though.

They really couldn't be bothered to ask an actually Scottish person to voice her. Smh.

I also, as a kid, never understood why she was drawn with East Asian facial features but meant to be Scottish. I love her freckles in this game.

That was then this is now. Everything was cheaper last gen. Only way to send a message is to not buy it.

I'm happy with what's in there and I'm someone who bought the $90 deluxe edition.($70 with GCU)

I'll be playing this game for years so I'm not too bothered. It'll give my money's worth.

At least you can just pay for what you want. With all the loot box shit going on in other games we could be paying to get individual pieces of these costumes.

EYEL1NER

They really couldn't be bothered to ask an actually Scottish person to voice her. Smh.

I also, as a kid, never understood why she was drawn with East Asian facial features but meant to be Scottish. I love her freckles in this game.
I've always played a ton of Morrigan but I've only used the JP VA for her and have never heard any of her English VAs. Of course JP voices aren't an option here, so I got to hear English coming from her and immediately cringed the first time. Has she had a Scottish accent (real or fake) in the past?

The more I look at Warbird Ms Marvel, the more I've decided that it is a perfect costume for her. The regular Captain Marvel's head/face looks like some generic anime woman and doesn't resemble any Ms/Captain Marvel look I've ever seen in a comic. The new one, possibly because of the mask, looks like how she did when she wore that costume. It's the only one I'll use for her from now one.

And lol @ the "Games cost more now, so of course the costumes would cost more" comments, when this game looks like it is was made with a $5 budget compared to Ultimate. And damn, that's $30 just for these costumes and not the rest of them later on. I might actually wait for a sale and use some Bing rewards to get MS money because that shit is ludicrous.

Skittles

Infinite ain't exactly a spring rose graphically either. And it had assets to work from, and launched with less than half the number of new characters that KoF14 did.
Only thing mvci used was the char models from umvc as a reference to create the new ones. Besides a handful of char models and realitt stone storm surge. Game looks very good in motion. Also has way better animation than kof.

Holy shit 4 bucks for a COSTUME?!

Mkx characters cost 5 euro/dollars which ino is ridiculous pricing but 4 euro/dollar for a frigging costune?

As a big Marvel vs Capcom fan, I am not ever buying this game.

Gtfo Greedcom.

If yall buy this shit,understand that alt costumes used to be free. And capcom is only gonna take this shit even further.

Ugh how damn disgusting.

I've always played a ton of Morrigan but I've only used the JP VA for her and have never heard any of her English VAs. Of course JP voices aren't an option here, so I got to hear English coming from her and immediately cringed the first time. Has she had a Scottish accent (real or fake) in the past?

The more I look at Warbird Ms Marvel, the more I've decided that it is a perfect costume for her. The regular Captain Marvel's head/face looks like some generic anime woman and doesn't resemble any Ms/Captain Marvel look I've ever seen in a comic. The new one, possibly because of the mask, looks like how she did when she wore that costume. It's the only one I'll use for her from now one.

MvC3 is the first time (that I know of) that Capcom started to depict her as white instead of asian. She had fewer lines in that game so you couldn't really tell the VA wasn't Scottish. In this game's story mode though...it's obvious.

Morrigan's Japanese VA (if it's still the same woman) is so fucking iconic though.

So feast! Shadow braid! Watashi no mono ni naranai?

Skittles

Holy shit 4 bucks for a COSTUME?!

Mkx characters cost 5 euro/dollars which ino is ridiculous pricing but 4 euro/dollar for a frigging costune?

As a big Marvel vs Capcom fan, I am not ever buying this game.

Gtfo Greedcom.

If yall buy this shit,understand that alt costumes used to be free. And capcom is only gonna take this shit even further.

Ugh how damn disgusting.
You're gonna have a tough time naming devs who dont charge for costumes mowadays
Yeah cause people buy into bullshit like this.

Like it really just angers me that capcom decided to put this shit in for 4 bucks per costume! 4 bucks!
Buy the bundle if that pricing pisses you off so much lol.

Top Bottom