• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

WillyFive

The subtitle of "Infinite" seems to imply that it will be continually updated (or I may just be wishing).

Infinite seems like an association with the MCU, whose main underlying plotline involves the Infinity Stones and the Infinity Gauntlet, which leads to the Infinity War.

Hazzuh

2 v 2
gem system
no xmen

ehhhhhh

ljadndexclqdpyfvwfvs.gif

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Marvel super heroes with the gems was my favorite Capcom fighting game of all time

An MvC game oriented to that is great

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Hmm, Iron Man wasn't making the repulsor sounds from the movies. I wonder just how MCU it will be.

full blown comic book Captain Marvel was in the trailer, and it looked even more cartoony than 3, and people are still worried about MCU...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
He didn't say "exclusively on PS4"

Yeah, while UMvC3 was specifically stated to be available exclusively on PS4. Mh, better to wait for a PR, I suppose, but maybe it's a multi release, after all.

I'll trust them with gems. It being DLC is what made it a bad concept. If they keep it simple I'll be fine. And 2v2 is fine MVC1 was great so I'm in.

vg260

That trailer didn't waste any time showing MegaMan. Would have been a little cooler if they showed a little bit of Ryu first, then have him show up for effect.

Samemind

Coming off of re-watching the MvC3 cinematic trailers, and compared to SF5, this really felt lacking in punch. Although that might just be due to the whole thing be leaked like a week ahead of time. Im banking on the gameplay reveal to be more interesting. I think the Xmen absence also is probably giving a big dampening effect.

Ploid 3.0

No Xbox One version?

There may be, no word yet, look forward to xbox as well I'm thinking (Marvel may want to spread this love around). Please come to PC too, but if not I'm ok with just consoles, but I'd want PS4 PC cross play if it's there. Love it on SF5.

I have a feeling that the awesomeness of the Capcom lineup will make up for a Marvel lineup that I barely even like.

I am excited about getting gem power ups back, though. They added a fun aspect to MSH.

Top Bottom