• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Durden77

This trailer is a lot more exciting. The combos got me a lot more excited and already thinking about combos. If you can really call in your teamate at ANY time like they're saying in the interview, then the combo potential could be fucking awesome.

Also it made me pysched as fuck to see Cap switch after what looked like a counter or block. Having Morrigan come out on that almost seemed assist-like. There could be real possibilities with this system.

Need more.

mreddie

I wouldn't say that for certain because Captain America never said "FOR PEACE" in Umvc3

What does Iron Man say in MVCI after Iron Avenger? I couldn't make it out but its different

and "Come at me with all you've got" is totally new

Could be different takes, I hope the EMH cast do come back cause aside from Grey Griffin's Carol, Laura Bailey's Widow and Ms. Marvel's VA, Assemble has a bad cast. Same with GOTG sans Groot's VA.

MoxManiac

I wouldn't say that for certain because Captain America never said "FOR PEACE" in Umvc3

What does Iron Man say in MVCI after Iron Avenger? I couldn't make it out but its different

and "Come at me with all you've got" is totally new

The voices are all new recordings. Even the way Iron Man says PROTON CANNON is different.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Actually, seems like Iron Man has two new projectile moves. The standing wrist rocket (inspired by the movies, I assume) which gets beaten out by X's charged shot, and the Repulsar Ray.

Also, side note, projectile durability might still be in the game! Hooray!

This game looks SOOOO GOOD. Once they tune it up some more and make it smoother OMFG ITS GONNA BE WILD.

AHHHHH I GET TO MAIN X. I CAN ACTUALLY SAY MY MAIN IS X.

IT'S REAL BOYS.

Let's hope for sigma and oh my god what a game!!!

For Marvel I'd be happy as fuck with Venom if I don't get sigma. I'd run X/Venom all day.

Watch X be ass though
like every game after X4 huehuehue

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Bless the souls that requested Jin Saotome in those lists
Bring my nigg back mayne

jin-mvc-pose.gif

jin-saotome-techromancer.png

jin-saotome-hand.png

Thanks to everyone who replied for the trailer link, you guys are the best. :)

OH GOD THOUGH X'S FIRST ARMOR SUPER, I CAN'T <3

Hold me, GAF. My favorite character of all time is finally getting his due. I'm so so so so hyped for X in this game, I feel like a kid in a candy shop. It's like MvC 3 and UMvC 3 never even happened!

Mega Man in Smash and X in MvCI... never thought I'd say this, but being a Mega Man fan is pretty awesome right now, despite the current lack of any new games.

Hah, I knew it. Love it. I feel like his lack of involvement is a big part of why we got X this time, because didn't he go on record saying that he thought Zero was the same difference and didn't get why Mega Man fans were so upset about MvC 3?

Lmao I actually enjoyed everything until X7.

I will say it now. I will be playing X no matter what tier my nigga is.

NO MATTER WHAT TIER.

Truer words were never spoken. <fist bump>

mreddie

Hold me, GAF. My favorite character of all time is finally getting his due. I'm so so so so hyped for X in this game, I feel like a kid in a candy shop. It's like MvC 3 and UMvC 3 never even happened!

Mega Man in Smash and X in MvCI... never thought I'd say this, but being a Mega Man fan is pretty awesome right now, despite the current lack of any new games.

Cartoon is coming, looks like he'll be back.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
well it's not sarcasm if it's true... Justin, FChamp, and Yipes still not talking

Except Justic said he didnt feel the trailer, and F.Champ talked about the gems being like x-factor for individual characters.

They must have been talking about another game I guess.

&#128077;&#127998;&#128077;&#127998;&#128077;&#127998;

Seyavesh

airdash cancelable normals is a very good sign this game won't be too simple

the SJ height is about GG limit or so based off how high up morrigan is when she TACs to cap so i don't think there's a fly screen but i think that more or less works for a game without assists as you can't have it too high up without fucking over nonflight characters- that midpoint means they can try to SJ after and be more likely to clip flyers who are running away

color me pretty happy about the included footage. it cleared up some of my major worries about the basic elements of the game in terms of movement and strength of tools/complexity

also the voices are very clearly not reused from mvc3 which is real strange because they're saying the same lines as mvc3's moves

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Something else I noticed that might be important.. at about 0:50 when Cap tags in and Morrigan tags out, her model is still standing on the ground for quite some time after Cap starts going in.

Maybe the tagged out character is susceptible to damage for quite a while after tagging out? Maybe the blue glow on the point character shows how long you have to be careful before your character tags out safely? Would add some risk to dropping the soap so to speak.

Damn, so much information to unpack.

Kinsei

Banned
Cap and Morrigan both look really good. I love playing as them in 3 so I'm glad to see them back.

I'm glad you're liking what you've seen from X, I know you love the games so much.

Calm Mind

I can't get over how this is being done internally yet falls behind visually on the worst external games. A definite step down in the series.

Except Justic said he didnt feel the trailer, and F.Champ talked about the gems being like x-factor for individual characters.

They must have been talking about another game I guess.

Talking about the gameplay trailer.... you know the one that's been out for close to 20 hours now. Where's the Hype?

DrDogg

There's no way Capcom will let Morrigan have the same shenanigans. Soul Fist might still be in, but no way will we see bullet hell.

Dahbomb

Something else I noticed that might be important.. at about 0:50 when Cap tags in and Morrigan tags out, her model is still standing on the ground for quite some time after Cap starts going in.

Maybe the tagged out character is susceptible to damage for quite a while after tagging out? Maybe the blue glow on the point character shows how long you have to be careful before your character tags out safely? Would add some risk to dropping the soap so to speak.

Damn, so much information to unpack.
Probably is going to work similar to SFxT,we had happy birthday's in that game too IIRC.

Top Bottom