• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite announced (PC/XB1/PS4, 2017) [Update: Info In OP]

Harpoon

Anyone that was in UMVC and made an appearance in the MCU in the past six years is definitely returning.

So Strange, Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, Rocket, Spidey, & Thor are all locks. Actually, the only character that made a movie appearance who I doubt returns is Dormmamu. And that's because his MCU form is drastically different than his MvC form.

It's not like Cap and Iron Man are just cut and pastes of their MCU designs. Dormammu could still easily be in there with his MvC3 design.

I was just thinking about Ghost Rider, and was thinking how could it would be (at least for me) if Blackheart returned.

Also, on the whole Infinity Gems/Stones talk:

Power: Damage Increase
Space: Super Armor
Soul: Life Recovery
Time: Speed Increase
Mind: Meter Regeneration
Reality: ?

From MHS.

I know, but I want it in a fighting game.

One thing to note was how the Time gem didn't just give a speed increase to Carol, but also gave her a pass-through dash.

That means that the other gems could also relay other benefits aside from buffs. But will it same throughout or be like MSH where certain characters gain extra abilities from a certain gem?

Neoxon

Anyone that was in UMVC and made an appearance in the MCU in the past six years is definitely returning.

So Strange, Ghost Rider, Hawkeye, Iron Fist, Rocket, Spidey, & Thor are all locks. Actually, the only character that made a movie appearance who I doubt returns is Dormmamu. And that's because his MCU form is drastically different than his MvC form.
We haven't seen Dormammu's physical form in the MCU, yet. We only saw him as a godly manifestation in the Dark Dimension.

eggandI

Banned
I was just thinking about Ghost Rider, and was thinking how could it would be (at least for me) if Blackheart returned.

From MHS.

Capcom already said that the stones will not be simple boosts like they were in MSH. They're more like grooves in CvS2.

The time stone gives you a teleport/dash and custom combos/genei-jin.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Dormammu's MCU form isn't really different. His MvC version is just shrunk down to make him an actual playable fight. You can see his arms at points and his head straight up is the same, just huge and taking up most of the screen.

I bet he comes back. Both in future films and also this game.

It's not like Cap and Iron Man are just cut and pastes of their MCU designs. Dormammu could still easily be in there with his MvC3 design.

We haven't seen Dormammu's physical form in the MCU, yet. We only saw him as a godly manifestation in the Dark Dimension.
Don't get me wrong, Dormammu COULD likely come back; I just wonder whether or not Marvel's really anal or not about getting characters to at least resemble their MCU forms.

lupinko

From MHS.

MSH's reality gem gave you projectiles.

Blackheart got a special boost as it made him invisible in addition to the extra projectiles.

Don't get me wrong, Dormammu COULD likely come back; I just wonder whether or not Marvel's really anal or not about getting characters to at least resemble their MCU forms.
Cap Marvel doesn't have a MCU so probably not. I mean if Luke Cage shows, Iron Fist, or Daredevil show they're probably not gonna be MCU style.
Because those will be DLC

One thing to note was how the Time gem didn't just give a speed increase to Carol, but also gave her a pass-through dash.

That means that the other gems could also relay other benefits aside from buffs. But will it same throughout or be like MSH where certain characters gain extra abilities from a certain gem?

Oh, I know. I just wanted to have more discussion on the gems side of all this. It has me the most curious to be honest.

There's a lot of possibilities that could be done with certain characters for sure.

Capcom already said that the stones will not be simple boosts like they were in MSH. They're more like grooves in CvS2.

The time stone gives you a teleport/dash and custom combos/genei-jin.

I know, I was just posting about what they did before to give us an idea on what they could possibly do for Infinite.

Blackheart got a special boost as it made him invisible in addition to the extra projectiles.

I was about to fix my post, haha. But yeah, I can see Reality being something completely different.

Even though we know they won't play that similarly to MSH
Morrigan astral vision with extra projectiles....that's kinda scary to think about

Not sure if you'd answer this but are your tweets hints or just speculation?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I always hated assists. I know im a minority.

I never wraped my head around them.

You pick one that... assists you. Not that hard a concept to grasp.

It really depends on team make-up. If you're wanting someone to anti-air easier for you than you doing an SRK motion, you can pick the anti-air assist and just A1/A2 (whoever it's tied to) and have them do it, granted that takes a bit more reaction than normal but it's possible.

Same with calling out projectiles or continuing combos with said projectiles.

From MHS.

Different characters got specific boosts depending on the gem as well.

Wolverine: Power Gem basically gives him Berserker Charge
Juggernaut: Space Gem gave him true Super Armor
Magneto: Space Gem gives him his forcefield
Spider-Man: Power Gem gives him a clone of himself that mirrors his movements, and ups his damage
Blackheart: Reality Gem turns him invisible for a few seconds
Hulk: Time Gem gave him the ability to throw extra fast Heavy attacks
Psylocke: Power Gem gave her clones
Shuma-Gorath: Time Gem lets his attacks turn you to stone
Captain America: Power Gem gives him multi hit Shield Slash, Stars & Stripes, and Charging Star
Iron Man: Soul Gem gave his attacks electricity which drained your meter and refilled his life faster

So maybe Gems in MVCI will grant specific bonuses to certain characters.

Rutger

Banned
Not trying to attack you or anything, but why do people like this?

Sometimes I feel like people that want to play lame just get a kick out of annoying others.

I'm legit asking, before people load the shotguns.

Playstyle variety is a very good thing in fighting games, not everyone wants to always rushdown, and giving the players the option to play differently makes the game much stronger.

Proper zoning tends to require far more skill than the average stream monster thinks, and seeing a zoner get in their opponent's head and completely shut them down is hype.

Neoxon

Fun Fact: Morrigan now has yellow eyes in MvCI, which is what her eye color was when Kinu Nishimura drew her.

15326273_1627777983914461_4741067354885157918_o.jpg

CD'S BAR

Game looks and plays a lot better than I remember, but jesus the air combos are such bullshit.

Were the character alts only in Ultimate or DLC or something? I don't remember them. Had no idea Zero alt was Mega Man.

edit: oops thought this was marvel 3 thread.

Different characters got specific boosts depending on the gem as well.

*snip*

So maybe Gems in MVCI will grant specific bonuses to certain characters.

I doubt they'll bring character specific stuff back, it'd be pretty unfair. Especially if it was only for certain characters and not all.

Plus with Infinite having a much larger roster, I doubt it'll happen.

Although, it was cool to see in MHS though.

dankir

So has anybody tried to enter in character names in the Infinite website URL? Remember that's how we figured out all the new characters in UMvC3?

Coda

Noticed on the site that it says it's coming in late 2017. Not too bad considering there will be lots of games to play in 2017 but I was hoping for a late spring, early summer release. It's unusual for Capcom to release a fighting game in the fall but maybe Marvel is planning to release a bunch of movies then so they want the game to coincide with those film releases.

TDLink

So has anybody tried to enter in character names in the Infinite website URL? Remember that's how we figured out all the new characters in UMvC3?

Impossible to do anything like that before we know the file path for character pages and images on those pages. Right now there are no character pages, so.

Neoxon

We don't know what the character file path is, yet (there's no character section on the site right now).

Noticed on the site that it says it's coming in late 2017. Not too bad considering there will be lots of games to play in 2017 but I was hoping for a late spring, early summer release. It's unusual for Capcom to release a fighting game in the fall but maybe Marvel is planning to release a bunch of movies then so they want the game to coincide with those film releases.

UMVC3 came out in November 2011.

Plus it coincides with how MVC3 was handled.

We found out about MVC3 in April 2010. We got the game in February 2011.

We found out about MVCI in December 2016. We'll most likely get the game in November 2017.

So I saw the extended trailer and it looks great! I groan and roll my eyes seeing the people here making "Original sprite" jokes YOUR TEN YEAR OLD JOKE IS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD! Okay, feels good to get that out.

That's definitely Brian Bloom as Cap, but he sounds a little softer and less macho than 3 (but then 3 was done BEFORE EMH first aired and later episodes he sounded like he does here) So I'm guessing they're getting the same VA for returning characters but for new characters they'll get their latest VA? I can't dig that. Means we'll probably get Loren Lester for Iron Fist, Maria Barrera for She Hulk, and Josh Keaton for Spidey. That's a win in my book!

Anyone think we'll see promotional artwork from Shinkiro in this game?

I sure hope so, his artwork is always great. Maybe, like 3, we'll get a good selection of artwork from both Capcom and Marvel artists. I wonder if like Mega Man, they'll republish Marvel vs Capcom Complete Works with stuff from Infinity.

Yeah, I really became a fan of his art since Capcom Fighting Evolution. Wasn't always a fan of the George Clooney faces some of his men would have, but it's gottan a lot better. His artwork for SFV was rather good as well.

Y'all think Black Widow's gonna be in for sure? Curious to see if she'll be in and, if so, how she'll play.

I tried to come up with something for her in the old thread

"What would Black Widow bring to the table? Guns, martial arts, hopefully those sticks that she used in AoU, maybe stundisks but I don't know if they'd do that. I guess she could zap people with her Widow's bite bracelets. Maybe they'd bring in her grappling hook?

Would they be able to incorporate her stealthiness into the game in some way (maybe like X-23's L3)? I guess she could have tons of counters into her moveset. "

Neoxon

So I saw the extended trailer and it looks great! I groan and roll my eyes seeing the people here making "Original sprite" jokes YOUR TEN YEAR OLD JOKE IS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD! Okay, feels good to get that out.

That's definitely Brian Bloom as Cap, but he sounds a little softer and less macho than 3 (but then 3 was done BEFORE EMH first aired and later episodes he sounded like he does here) So I'm guessing they're getting the same VA for returning characters but for new characters they'll get their latest VA? I can't dig that. Means we'll probably get Loren Lester for Iron Fist, Maria Barrera for She Hulk, and Josh Keaton for Spidey. That's a win in my book!
As mentioned, Rocket's VA may be recast regardless since he has no Cockney accent in the MCU (unless Greg Ellis can drop the Cockney accent & put on a convincing American accent).

Drayco21

Y'all think Black Widow's gonna be in for sure? Curious to see if she'll be in and, if so, how she'll play.

I'm not expecting her, unless the roster is really huge- she's always been the modern equivalent of "the Avenger no one cares about". She doesn't always get toys like the others, she doesn't get her own movie, I'd expect them to push her to the sidelines to focus on other, more heavily-pushed female characters, even in terms of high profile MCU women, like Quake, Wanda, Jessica Jones, or Gamora.

That said, I think she could have a really fun moveset and wouldn't mind seeing her make the cut.

Durden77

I dunno why, but the art style looks really off to me.

Yea Colors look really washed or something.

Still a very early build. I don't like it's look right now either but I'm sure it will improve.

As far as stones go, I'm pretty sure the power stone gives you access to combos that you wouldn't be able to do otherwise. In the trailer those OTGs Ryu did did not seem like they would normally work without the Power Stone.

But if they make Shoryuken OTG regardless, THAT would he sick as FUCK. It would really make a lot of sense and give him some use for the move in this series, making it a finisher or possibly and extender.

cordy

Banned
X fans, question...

0:21 seconds in the official video, before Iron-Man hits him we see X shoot something that doesn't look like a normal buster shot. It travels a little slower compared to his normal buster shot as well, travels up and then sort of down at an angle...what move is that? Is that some MvC Shotgun Ice?

Top Bottom