• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Veedot

Lol wow they really wanted pokken up on stream huh

The game ain't bad. It's actually pretty hype to watch. They should take out BB or GG and put Pokken on there

Nothing against the Pokken community but I can't even fathom a Pokken stream being more entertaining than GG or BB.

I agree. I think Strange's launcher should be changed, though. It was trash.

Also, do you think someone like Phoenix Wright could use a change in his moveset? Most believe his style alone hampers him more than helps.

Maybe his new launcher could a pillar of light that erupts from the ground?

Get rid of/rework Bad Evidence and Wright becomes a much better character. But maybe Wright could call in more than just Maya, Missile and the Judge to assist him?

Evilisk

Would anyone want to see Strange receive some changes to his moveset? Most of his moves are pretty cool, but I wonder what else they could add to it.

How about an air dash? So weird that the Sorcerer Supreme can't even air dash

Maybe his new launcher could a pillar of light that erupts from the ground?

Get rid of/rework Bad Evidence and Wright becomes a much better character. But maybe Wright could call in more than just Maya, Missile and the Judge to assist him?

I agree on removing the randomized aspects of Wright's evidence

I'm not sure if Wright needs anymore assists. The Maya shield assist alone is gonna be way stronger now that there's no universal assist system.

I might be misremembering things, but I believe it was said that Strange had an 8 way airdash in very early builds of the game. I guess they removed it because they thought it'd be too much. He definitely seems like a character who'd naturally have an airdash, so that'd be nice to see.

And yeah, getting rid of bad evidence for Phoenix is a good start.

J-Tier

I might be misremembering things, but I believe it was said that Strange had an 8 way airdash in very early builds of the game. I guess they removed it because they thought it'd be too much. He definitely seems like a character who'd naturally have an airdash, so that'd be nice to see.

And yeah, getting rid of bad evidence for Phoenix is a good start.
I'd like to see Strange with an 8 way air dash. Might be broken lol.

--

They could get rid of it, they could also keep it but make it useful somehow. I.e. he keeps them as projectile weapons.

Neoxon

I'd like to see Strange with an 8 way air dash. Might be broken lol.

--

They could get rid of it, they could also keep it but make it useful somehow. I.e. he keeps them as projectile weapons.
If I recall, Marvel said no to Doctor Strange having an air dash in UMvC3.

Ryce

If I recall, Marvel said no to Doctor Strange having an air dash in UMvC3.
I haven't heard that before. I remember an interview where Capcom said the air dash was cut for balance reasons and that Marvel was really strict with Doctor Strange's hand signals, though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I haven't heard that before. I remember an interview where Capcom said the air dash was cut for balance reasons and that Marvel was really strict with Doctor Strange's hand signals, though.
Yeah this was it. Marvel was pushing because they're always trying to be accurate with depictions, but Capcom had to convince them he'd have way too many tools.

Strange is mostly fine, but we don't know much about the mechanics yet so who knows.

Hopefully Capcom doesn't skip GDC as well at this point.

My proposed Wright changes are as follows:

-Remove bad evidence altogether. This was an awful mechanic and should be priority #1.
-Replace Paperwork High with Maya specials so you can call her in Trial/Turnabout mode. Paperwork High is inferior to Paperwork Low and completely redundant.
-Allow Wright to use evidence projectiles in the air, maybe Paperwork Low, too.
-Have Turnabout cr.H hit low.
-Slightly increase his hitboxes for Investigation/Trial modes.

There, now he's a good character that has many more team possibilities opened up.

Of course, MvCI can play completely differently. If Maya's shield is the exact same as it is in UMvC3, it'll actually be kinda broken since there are no assists lol.

Dahbomb

-Remove bad evidence altogether. This was an awful mechanic and should be priority #1.
-Replace Paperwork High with Maya specials so you can call her in Trial/Turnabout mode. Paperwork High is inferior to Paperwork Low and completely redundant.

There, now he's a good character that has many more team possibilities opened up.

Of course, MvCI can play completely differently. If Maya's shield is the exact same as it is in UMvC3, it'll actually be kinda broken since there are no assists lol.

Balance change suggestions for MVCI from MVC3 do not apply as its practically a different games with no assists or major team considerations.

Now if you want to suggest Phoenix Wright changes for the PC version of Marvel 3 that may or may not get modded, well we at GAF already beat you to the punch!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/...noa2wS-rqqI4BOGf8/edit#heading=h.1497z649axlp

+Evidence now works as follows: meat is only acquired when Wright has red health to recover, bad evidence guarantees that the next evidence found will be good, and bad evidence rate has been reduced in general.

+Thrown evidence now causes dizzy state on hit for 120 frames.

+"M-Maya?!" L appears closer to Wright than before, startup is reduced to 15 frames, and the shield now benefits from damage scaling.

+c.H (Turnabout) now hits low.

+Stance Change reduced to 10 frames (from 20).

+"M-Maya?!" M and H startup reduced to 20 frames.

+Discard and Investigate startup reduced by 5 frames.

+Slip-Up startup reduced to 19 frames.

+Dash distance increased by 20%, total dash time unchanged.

+Hitboxes on normals improved slightly.

Assists: ”Get em' Missile!", Questioning (becomes Objection when appropriate), Press the Witness H

You can read the document for reasoning behind the changes.

Mizerman

Yeah, they were really clear on having Strange as accurate as possible.

I'm excited to see what modders do with the PC version of UMvC3 tbh

Imagine if they Project M it

Dahbomb

If Maya is in the game they have to remove her ability to block damage on Phoenix Wright even when he is no where near Maya. We actually didn't learn that property of Maya until way later into the gams's cycle. In Marvel 3 it doesn't matter much because PW needs all the help.

If Maya is in the game they have to remove her ability to block damage on Phoenix Wright even when he is no where near Maya. We actually didn't learn that property of Maya until way later into the gams's cycle. In Marvel 3 it doesn't matter much because PW needs all the help.

?

Are you talking about how she blocks projectiles or something? Or that her shield hitbox is too big?

he's probably talking about how maya shield blocks TAC counters because the TAC break "attack" gets eaten by maya

Oh, I completely forgot about that, too!

As you can tell, I haven't played this game in a while lol. That said, I discovered that within like months of playing Wright, so it wasn't really all that late.

With the announcement of Marvel's Secret Empire I hope they'll start promoting more X-Men material and their inclussion in other media. At least it seems that way...

Neoxon

With the announcement of Marvel's Secret Empire I hope they'll start promoting more X-Men material and their inclussion in other media. At least it seems that way...
You & me both, though I believe Secret Empire is mainly the pay-off of Red Skull making Cap a HYDRA agent via the Cosmic Cube.

Neoxon

Now that I've played a good chunk of resident evil 7

Jack Baker for Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
As much as I'd love his inclusion, it'd be a question of how far along RE7 was at the time when MvCI's base roster was decided. At worst, I can see Jack Baker being DLC.

As much as I'd love his inclusion, it'd be a question of how far along RE7 was at the time when MvCI's base roster was decided. At worst, I can see Jack Baker being DLC.

For sure, if he's in the base roster it was a Greninja esque pick betting on Jack being popular with the fans from early in development. For my personal perfect mvci roster I'd like to see Wesker and Jack and for that to happen 1 likely has to be dlc.

Neoxon

Us Marvel fans are gonna EAT for the next 3+ years!

N8sv41i.jpg

giphy.gif

Top Bottom