• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Jawmuncher

I mean that list sounds plausible but then I saw Jedah. Like Jedah?! I would love it and it would make up for no Gene for sure.
But Jedah?
jedah-ouchies.gif~c200

Jedah the character that involves mutilating his body to shoot blood? I mean I really really want Jedah again. But Disney is gonna be cool with Jedah?
I guess Nemesis got a pass, but Nemesis is from a series that isn't dead on the cutting room floor

I'm sure he's toned down and has a different moveset.
Probably has Black Blood or whatever too.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
... Jedah SHOULD be coolm if executed well. Gamora should be... unique?

But man... ech. Really, once again, Capcom sounds like they're depending on DLC to make their games into what they SHOULD be on release, through DLC over a year or so.

This would be completely fine if they released free character updates to the base game, and then cosmetic DLC of quality. Or if the base game had a lower cost, so that buying it + Season Pass Yr. 1 = $60,

With this tighter cast, I hope that something, like maybe the costumes, get a real quality upgrade. Having suits that came with new theme remixes, animations, and voicework would give a lot of breathing room to add some nice variants. Like Ironheart for Ironman, Female Hawkeye for Traditional one, Female Hunter for Monster Hunter, Strider Hien for Hiryu, and so on.

NotLiquid

I mean that list sounds plausible but then I saw Jedah. Like Jedah?! I would love it and it would make up for no Gene for sure.
But Jedah?
jedah-ouchies.gif~c200

Jedah the character that involves mutilating his body to shoot blood? I mean I really really want Jedah again. But Disney is gonna be cool with Jedah?
I guess Nemesis got a pass, but Nemesis is from a series that isn't dead on the cutting room floor

They'll probably blacken it and pass it as "dark energy" or something.

I feel like that was the same exact case with DC in Injustice... and even still Injustice 2's roster completely shits on this game's entire roster.

Marvel isn't even promoting everyone they should be promoting! Where the fuck is Black Panther? Loki? Black Widow? The list goes on...

DC is a different story. Let's be real, men in suits at that company just wanna see the DCCU Justice League and a bunch of Batman villains get in, and the rest can be whatever. Marvel is pushing sooooooo many different characters at once. There's no room for Shumas or MODOKs or mutants any more, sadly.

RedBoot

I believe that was what was stated, that it was just going to be a Capcom fighter initially. And honestly I would have been completely fine with that over what we're getting here. :(

That's interesting, then. Depending on how far they were into development (and character rosters are likely finalized early on), they could have had another 14+ Capcom characters in mind. Basically, there's your first few years of DLC.

But Jedah?
jedah-ouchies.gif~c200

expect black blood or magical malarky

opricnik

Banned
... Jedah SHOULD be coolm if executed well. Gamora should be... unique?

But man... ech. Really, once again, Capcom sounds like they're depending on DLC to make their games into what they SHOULD be on release, through DLC over a year or so.

This would be completely fine if they released free character updates to the base game, and then cosmetic DLC of quality. Or if the base game had a lower cost, so that buying it + Season Pass Yr. 1 = $60,

With this tighter cast, I hope that something, like maybe the costumes, get a real quality upgrade. Having suits that came with new theme remixes, animations, and voicework would give a lot of breathing room to add some nice variants. Like Ironheart for Ironman, Female Hawkeye for Traditional one, Female Hunter for Monster Hunter, Strider Hien for Hiryu, and so on.

Whats unique about gamora to be honest.
She is sword type classic fire emblem guy how will she different then dante,monster hunter etc etc. Meh.

If we get a lot of dlc at a faster pace then sf5 with a lot of the veterans thrown into to pad time between newcomers I'll be frustrated but somewhat okay. I'm just worried we won't see much dlc past year 1.

Gamora's probably in because it's an infinity gems story and thanos will inevitably be the big bad behind sigmatron.

Harpoon

Neither of those are true. This is just another personal favorite of someone in charge being added in if true.

Both of those are true. This is just another classic Capcom character who also had his own fun if a bit obscure games being added in if true.

Jawmuncher

If we get a lot of dlc at a faster pace then sf5 with a lot of the veterans thrown into to pad time between newcomers I'll be frustrated but somewhat okay. I'm just worried we won't see much dlc past year 1.

Yeah. If the DLC is more consistent than SFV this could be salvaged. If not, it's gonna be a problem for a lot of people.

opricnik

Banned
Thanos & Thor were unavoidable, more so the latter.

Unless Capcom's planning a GnG revival, having 2 reps seems abut weird.
Thing about thor etc their moves are so boring. They could fix them by giving crazy moves but they just recycled their boring movesets since marvel superheroes. Hulk is another example so bad. NRS is changing their classic characters every game like scorpion plays nothing like mk9 one in 10

DR2K

Banned
Both of those are true. This is just another classic Capcom character who also had his own fun if a bit obscure games being added in if true.

Nah. No one used him. The fact that he's getting in over Arther is hilarious.

This list is dumpster fire tier. Reservation cancelled. Fuck off capcom

I still cant believe you keep Firebrand and Nemesis but not Vergil or Wesker.

/salt

I'm not even a big fan of either and that's confusing in itself.

Khezu

Well that's uh interesting I guess.

Holy shit at Firebrand making it in though, I don't know how, but I'm ok with it.

I know Songbird had no chance in hell, but I'm still sad.

Sheroking

Thing about thor etc their moves are so boring. They could fix them by giving crazy moves but they just recycled their boring movesets since marvel superheroes. Hulk is another example so bad. NRS is changing their classic characters every game like scorpion plays nothing like mk9 one in 10

Most of the returning cast in Injustice 2 is very familiar to Injustice 1.

It's still gonna suck donkey balls to have to pay $20 for 6-8 characters every season

Why? That'd be significantly below the average price of DLC characters in fighting games.

DC is a different story. Let's be real, men in suits at that company just wanna see the DCCU Justice League and a bunch of Batman villains get in, and the rest can be whatever. Marvel is pushing sooooooo many different characters at once. There's no room for Shumas or MODOKs or mutants any more, sadly.
We're getting safe Marvel characters. The ones we expect. Nobody expected Atrocitus, Scarecrow, Grodd, Poison Ivy, Swamp Thing, etc. Not a single Marvel character makes me go "wow".

Skab

Thor has been in one other VS game (3) and has new moves, and we have no idea how Thanos plays in this. I'm pretty sure hes not going to be tossing bubbles at peoople though. Not to mention the stones giving access to crazy shit.

Vast majority of the returning characters in injustice 2 played almost the exact same way and had the exact same strings.

At least try to make sense. Let's calm down a bit, shall we?

Well, the one win I'll take from that list is Firebrand, against all odds my man returns!

Jedah and Monster Hunter are pretty interesting, otherwise wheeeeew boy have Capcom gone and pulled a.... Capcom.

Kusagari

Firebrand and Nemesis making it over Zero, Akuma, Vergil and Wesker is just shocking. Like what the hell?

But still, I'll forgive my many problems with that roster if we are really getting Jedah's return in the year of our lord 2017.

FTF

I was just given permission to share this.

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West.

So, let's recap:
- 28 characters
- Only 4 females
- 7 newcomers
- No black, hispanic or middle eastern characters
- No X-Men, F4, Final Fight, Okami, Viewtful Joe, Ace Attorney characters
- Only 1 non-MCU character
- 1 male DLC character returning from MvC2
- 9 characters returning from MvC3
- Only 2 characters from SF(Ryu, Chun-Li) and 2 from RE(Chris, ???)

Did i miss anything?

0mw1I8e.gif

Anth0ny

Unfortunately, I think the main problem is that they're rushing this shit out on a shoe string budget.

Injustice is a fucking AAAA beast of a game and legit one of the best looking games graphically I've ever seen. There's a level of polish and love over there that Capcom and Marvel just aren't giving with Infinite.

Lulubop

Yeah. If the DLC is more consistent than SFV this could be salvaged. If not, it's gonna be a problem for a lot of people.

Yea man, Capcom and DLC go over well. I'm sure people will be ecstatic to see new characters omitted from the launch roster and sold as DLC.

JK, people don't forget. People still shit on Capcom hard for their previous dlc shit. Hell WB and their terrible preorder characters get more of a pass than Capcom's shit. This is gonna be a bloodbath.

Top Bottom