• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Lulubop

latest

pyron-a3.gif

Pyron-wheel.gif

Pyron-haha.gif

constantly animating and has a lot of morphins moves. checks out.

thematicall he can go against human torch super skrull Ghost Rider

This. Just look at it. Also he'd go against Dorm

cordy

Banned
I just heard about a really surprising (and awesome) addition to the Capcom side. The animators deserve a raise for getting this character into the game.

The roster is going to be so sick, you guys.

tumblr_inline_nptloyQ7cg1rulby5_500.gif

And as for someone's comment towards our favorites aren't making it...my favorite was X so I'm GOOD on anything else that happens. If it's greatness? As in more greatness? It's a plus. If you give me X I'm happy. Sigma, Venom or anyone else I want? Man, this will be the Game Of Dreams.

DrArchon

Pyron would make some sense. If I recall correctly, they wanted the Human Torch in MvC3, but weren't able to have the constant full-body fire on Johnny run well. Maybe now they've finally got the juice to be able to do something like that, but because Johnny's a F4 member he's no longer an option, so Pyron is the next best choice.

Better than ANOTHER Darkstalkers girl that pops up all the time outside of the games already.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what if its Pyron vs Pyro

Pyro_(St._John_Allerdyce).png

stupid x-men ban!

vg260

So a Capcom villain with interesting animation. Not much of a leak, if it is at all credible.

I get it's hard to sit on leaked info, but vague teases like these don't really satiate any need for information. It's just more frustrating. Let Marvel and Capcom tease people with vague clues if they want. If someone promised not to reveal anything and there's no real new, vetted information, what's the purpose of teasing people? Just to say, "see this is what I was referring to when the character is revealed? I knew it before you did?"

Eh, if the thread just devolves into routine I know something new about a character but not telling thread, I'll just wait for an actual main news thread and any official reveals.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
but here's a hint: the character is a villain. I know Capcom has lots of interesting and obscure villains, but that's all I can say without giving too much away.

I'm really glad that we are getting more villains on Capcom side because I always felt that there were lacks of Capcom villians in MVC3 roster. Only worthwhile villain we had on that side is Wesker.

Also we getting more villains might make even more sense since we are supposedly to get story mode so we might see more characters being chose based on story mode and gameplay. Hopefully we are going to get a fantastic roster this time.

No way he's getting in.

Why not?

Lulubop

I'm really glad that we are getting more villains on Capcom side because I always felt that there were lacks of Capcom villians in MVC3 roster. Only worthwhile villain we had on that side is Wesker.

Also we getting more villains might make even more sense since we are supposedly to get story mode so we might see more characters being chose based on story mode and gameplay. Hopefully we are going to get a fantastic roster this time.

Why not?

Self Mutational? Self decapitation? Disney ain't even letting Mika have her default costume on ESPN.

Jedah is my most wanted, but he's not getting in.

sinkfla87

So a Capcom villain with interesting animation. Not much of a leak, if it is at all credible.

I get it's hard to sit on leaked info, but vague teases like these don't really satiate any need for information. It's just more frustrating. Let Marvel and Capcom tease people with vague clues if they want. If someone promised not to reveal anything and there's no real new, vetted information, what's the purpose of teasing people? Just to say, "see this is what I was referring to when the character is revealed? I knew it before you did?"

Eh, if the thread just devolves into routine I know something new about a character but not telling thread, I'll just wait for an actual main news thread and any official reveals.

As Bronson said, Ryce is one of the few who gave everyone the heads up that this game even existed and would be announced at PSX. I completely understand why he would tease as the fun and anticipation of guessing and roster discussion is what keeps the hype train on track. If Ryce just told us the whole surprise then trust would be broken and we would probably have zero hints in the future from whatever his source is.

TreIII

This. Just look at it. Also he'd go against Dorm

I dunno. Besides the notion that Dorm is another demon lord (not unlike Demitri), you'd think that Pyron, being an alien threat, would attract the attention of another cosmic level entity on the Marvel side.

Neoxon

I dunno. Besides the notion that Dorm is another demon lord (not unlike Demitri), you'd think that Pyron, being an alien threat, would attract the attention of another cosmic level entity on the Marvel side.
Who, Thanos? Adam Warlock?

J-Tier

But you gotta admit, Jedah would require quite a bit of censorship to be ESPN-friendly.
Could be a lot of censorship. It depends on presentation. If they showed from the start that his body is already segmented like Buggy the clown from One Piece or Monsoon from MGR, he'd probably get a pass. I.e. in his intro, he walks in with his head under his arm, and an undulating black liquid mass is coming out if his neck hole...and he floats his head back onto his neck before the fight. That'd most likely get a pass.

I'm not sure how Capcom would execute it, but there are ways around it, you just have to present it properly.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
teases are annoying and frustrating like I said earlier, but here I am posting gifs of a speculations so... job well done on the hype train I guess >_> lol

Mizerman

I know that if I was in everyone else's shoes and it's been a month since new information was revealed I'd take any semblance of a hint I could get. To me, the hype train is half the fun of a new MvC coming out. It's hard hearing something cool about one of my favorite series and keeping it completely secret. I promised not to reveal the character by name or the IP that he or she hails from, but here's a hint: the character is a villain. I know Capcom has lots of interesting and obscure villains, but that's all I can say without giving too much away.

Ah. It's gonna be glorious to see the reveal.

TreIII

Who, Thanos? Adam Warlock?

Them or anyone else you can get that's not tied to the Fox side.

I dunno how feasible it is, but I'd love to see someone like Quasar, Eternity or Photon (even though Carol, the current Cap Marvel is right there).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

IMO teases, official or leaked, stir targeted discussion and cut down on endless wishlisting, so they're pretty net positive to me.

J-Tier

IMO teases, official or leaked, stir targeted discussion and cut down on endless wishlisting, so they're pretty net positive to me.
Agreed. We had pages of discussion. Taking it so seriously and getting frustrated hurts no one but yourself. Meanwhile, everyone else is having a good time.

vg260

I don't think it cuts down on endless wishlisting, or that it provides anything more constructive, but I won't complain if he can hard confirm Doctor Octopus.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I'm perfectly fine with characters speculations if we actually went into discussion where we could discuss more details with the character(s), why they should be in and what moveset they should have.

My desire for Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite and Smash Bros for Switch is more newcomers with unique gamestyles and wacky animations where they could stand out by themselves very well. Example: M.O.D.O.K, his inclusion was fantastic because he really bought very interesting mechanism and gameplay into Marvel Vs. Capcom.

Harpoon

I know that if I was in everyone else's shoes and it's been a month since new information was revealed I'd take any semblance of a hint I could get. To me, the hype train is half the fun of a new MvC coming out. It's hard hearing something cool about one of my favorite series and keeping it completely secret. I promised not to reveal the character by name or the IP that he or she hails from, but here's a hint: the character is a villain. I know Capcom has lots of interesting and obscure villains, but that's all I can say without giving too much away.

Hmm... would Lord Raptor count as a villain...?

But yeah, Pyron seems likeliest.

SaikyoBro

I don't think Jedah would take as much censorship as some of you guys are saying. When you say "self-mutilation" it sounds really bad but most of it isn't actually that disturbing, the only thing we might not see is the super with the giant pool of blood.

I know Marvel is a family brand but the game is rated T, little kids aren't supposed to be playing it. I'd probably be more comfortable with my kid playing a game with Jedah than a game with Nemesis honestly (n-not that I don't want Nemesis back).

Agreed. We had pages of discussion. Taking it so seriously and getting frustrated hurts no one but yourself. Meanwhile, everyone else is having a good time.

Yeah, definitely.I'm still just happy we're even getting a new Marvel. Hard to believe this type of talk would've been deemed delusional a month ago.

So Ryce's post doesn't frustrate me at all. It actually gets me excited.

Weiss

Banned
Yeah at this point I'm hedging my bets on the new mystery character being Pyron, Jedah or Lord Raptor, with the last being a total pipe dream.

For me the points against them would be that Pyron kinda snubs Dormammu a slot a bit, and Jedah would have to be hugely toned down in some way, maybe to a point where he'd feel unfaithful to his origins.

Mostly I just want Raptor.

If I try to think of villains that would be difficult to animate, I am kinda drawing a blank, if only because Pyron absolutely tops that list (those gifs getting posted are works of art). If I were to guess outside of that, maybe it could be Gore Magala or Fou-Lu.

Lord Raptor's a villain more or less. A lot of the Darkstalkers cast can be a bit gray like Morrigan, Demitri, or Anakaris, but Raptor's pretty clearly evil. Not super evil mind you though. Just some evil zombie guy looking for more power, though never the main villain that everyone else is trying to fight.

Anyways, people need to remember that Pyron's an alien, not a demon. They might throw him in with being aligned with Dormammu, but he could also be hanging around with Thanos all the same, though its not like Thanos didn't hang around with demons anyways.

If the blood isn't made to look like blood, then there's only two major changes you need to make to Jedah, and I don't think they are deal breakers. Just get rid of that decapitation move, and make it so he doesn't slit his wrists.

Jawmuncher

Until ryce teases dinosaurs I could care less. I already know I'm more than likely getting at least two Resident Evil characters. So everyone else is just gravy.

Weiss

Banned
Until ryce teases dinosaurs I could care less. I already know I'm more than likely getting at least two Resident Evil characters. So everyone else is just gravy.

And if Frank's coming back then we're probably not getting the best RE character either.

marvel-vs-capcom-2-xbox-360-ps3-jill.jpg

And if Frank's coming back then we're probably not getting the best RE character either.

marvel-vs-capcom-2-xbox-360-ps3-jill.jpg

They could just give her a new moveset...which is what they did in MVC3, for better or worse.

Honestly, Frank in UMVC3 wasn't really that much of a summoner character in the same way Jill was in MVC2. His TVC moveset was, yeah, but in UMVC3 his design is all about powering up his weapons. IIRC he only utilizes the zombies for things like grabs and shit.

Neoxon

I don't think Jedah would take as much censorship as some of you guys are saying. When you say "self-mutilation" it sounds really bad but most of it isn't actually that disturbing, the only thing we might not see is the super with the giant pool of blood.

I know Marvel is a family brand but the game is rated T, little kids aren't supposed to be playing it. I'd probably be more comfortable with my kid playing a game with Jedah than a game with Nemesis honestly (n-not that I don't want Nemesis back).
But at the same time, this game is likely gonna be featured on ESPN, which is seen by a lot of people.

Top Bottom