• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you guys feel if this was the Season 1 DLC?

lE21ZWT.png

Crap. Exchange Asura for Gene and we're good.

I think I'd rather them go Shehulk/Trish or Shehulk/Jill (or maybe Shulk/Viper) but I wouldn't mind Felicia I guess (She's not the cat-themed girl named Felicia I'd want though ;) )

I don't think we'll see Tron again

Maybe She hulk/Ammy?

Hey, Dahbomb?

since you did one for Lady, what new things could Trish bring from DMC4 to MVCI if she returned?

Ryce

I'm thinking all the 2017 pass characters will be heavy hitters to encourage sales (like SFV's first season), so I don't see us getting a niche one-off character like Asura or Gene. The two remaining characters will probably just be from Resident Evil, Street Fighter, or Devil May Cry, with the more "exciting" picks coming next year.

so now I wonder was there any leak that mentioned Lady? Cant find any

I think we could use at least one more waifu (er, I mean female) in that pack. And I dont know that guy in bottom right corner

Its Winter Soldier. Oh and Lady is just speculation

DLC S1,2 or base or whatever Do you think we'd get his masked look as a costume?

pretty sure he'd look like the comic winter soldier as default

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
yeah how about instead of promoting one of your new titles let's keep the camera on the cast of The Defenders obscured by a million people trying to get their autographs

Neoxon

so now I wonder was there any leak that mentioned Lady? Cant find any

I think we could use at least one more waifu (er, I mean female) in that pack. And I dont know that guy in bottom right corner
No, it's just that Dante no longer uses Lady's iconic weapon in his moveset.

And the one on the bottom right is Winter Soldier.

JayEH

I'm thinking all the 2017 pass characters will be fairly heavy hitters to encourage sales (like SFV's first season), so I don't see us getting a niche one-off character like Asura or Gene. The two remaining characters will probably just be from Resident Evil, Street Fighter, or Devil May Cry, with the more "exciting" picks coming next year.

Gene and asura were highly requested characters though even if their games are niche.

As someone who knows little about Asura, how would you differentiate between Asura and Gene in-game since they both seem like they'd be brawlers that primarily use their fists.

Dahbomb

As someone who knows little about Asura, how would you differentiate between Asura and Gene in-game since they both seem like they'd be brawlers that primarily use their fists.
Asura seems more like an aggressive grappler archetype.

Gene is like a Dante type character only with martial arts moves and abilities than weapons. Gene isn't really a grappler though he does have QTE finishers that are hype.

Ryce

Gene and asura were highly requested characters though even if their games are niche.
The average casual gamer that Capcom would want to entice doesn't know what God Hand is. The people voting on message board polls are already buying the game. I'm not saying Gene or Asura won't come eventually, but I think it makes more sense to go with characters from major series near launch.

Jawmuncher

Asura is a god with a super saiyan form

Gene is just the brawler

If anything Asura is more brute strength/rage while Gene is more finesse/humorful

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sorry I misheard, Danny Koo, senior producer at Marvel Games.

I'm thinking all the 2017 pass characters will be heavy hitters to encourage sales (like SFV's first season), so I don't see us getting a niche one-off character like Asura or Gene. The two remaining characters will probably just be from Resident Evil, Street Fighter, or Devil May Cry, with the more "exciting" picks coming next year.
I see Asura/Gene as fan favourites, I mean they are among the most highly requested characters after all, and sales drivers.

The base cast is already some of the most popular characters out there, just missing fan favourites/requests, and if they already have a plan to plug the X-Men holes, I'm sure they do for other long-requested characters as well.

mas8705

How would you guys feel if this was the Season 1 DLC?

lE21ZWT.png

For some reason, I don't know if Goblin's inclusion in Spidey's Level 3 debunks him. Not to mention that Spiderman does mention Norman by name, so unless if there was a case where the Goblin just so happens to be attacking himself by mistake or could be seen like helping Spiderman off to the side if they are on the same team (or if Goblin is taken out and then for some random reason, Goblin's attack still appears in Spiderman's Level 3), I think it would be safe to assume that Goblin got debunked. Not too sure who he would get replaced with though...

Crap. Exchange Asura for Gene and we're good.

Going to have alot of people split on that suggestion. Mind you that both do deserve to get in, but if we had to pick a character that would have to get in right now... I honestly can't decide. If anything else, I'd give the slight edge to Asura just because he was around a bit more recently, thus more people would know who is he, but Gene definitely does deserve to get in too.

I'm just trying to figure out if Lady was indeed confirmed for not though. Not to undersell her, but if I had the choice of who got in, I would probably replace Lady with Gene. Still, if she got in, you won't find my complaining about it.

Jawmuncher

I don't even know what popular newcomers would fill in the last 4 spots at least for Capcom side. They basically have everything set in terms of their big characters ignoring some cut veterans.

Gene and Asura are so highly requested since really niche stuff is all that's really left

Neoxon

For some reason, I don't know if Goblin's inclusion in Spidey's Level 3 debunks him. Not to mention that Spiderman does mention Norman by name, so unless if there was a case where the Goblin just so happens to be attacking himself by mistake or could be seen like helping Spiderman off to the side if they are on the same team (or if Goblin is taken out and then for some random reason, Goblin's attack still appears in Spiderman's Level 3), I think it would be safe to assume that Goblin got debunked. Not too sure who he would get replaced with though...
Green Goblin was kinda hinted at during the MvCI panel, hence the speculation.

patchday

She was present in DMC3 as a story character and as a boss fight. She only showed up in cutscenes for DMC4 until DMC4: Special Edition came out where she, Trish and Vergil were made playable.

I see she's playable in DmC4 Special Edition. It turns out I did beat DmC4 but not the special editon. somehow I didnt even know bout that one. Waiting on a Steam sale for that one (wish I knew bout this during summer sale)

mas8705

Green Goblin was kinda hinted at during the MvCI panel, hence the speculation.

Ah. Thank you for the clarification. Didn't see the panel myself and only saw the gameplay trailer that was posted showing Spiderman dodging the bombs. As such, that was my understanding of the "Hint" towards Goblin's inclusion. As I said before though: If a character that I think won't get in does get in, I won't be complaining about it since it would be a new character to add something special to the roster (hopefully)

Ryce

He could be showing up somehow but not necessarily as playable.
He specifically said "character reveals," though.
They spoke about Spider-Man's level 3 hyper combo and how the Green Goblin's pumpkin bombs are used against the opponent after flying out of nowhere. Ong asked, "where is the Green Goblin?" before telling the panel to stay tuned for more character reveals.

Negaduck

Hey this is what they need to show at comic con. Rando Mc whoever can press buttons and do cool stuff.

And competitive players can optimize and do way better stuff.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
"Stay tuned" is basically what they said when asked about X-Men too. For all we know they're hinting at another Spidey villain (i.e. Doc Ock).

Lol those simple mode combos with Gamora look sick.

Neoxon

"Stay tuned" is basically what they said when asked about X-Men too. For all we know they're hinting at another Spidey villain (i.e. Doc Ock).

Lol those simple mode combos with Gamora look sick.
The current rumor is that the X-Men will be DLC later, so I wouldn't say that's far off. The hint towards Green Goblin being DLC could be something similar.

Ryce

"Stay tuned" is basically what they said when asked about X-Men too.
He wasn't asked about Green Goblin, though, he just brought him up out of the blue and told people to stay tuned. He deliberately took time out of a story mode panel to tease Green Goblin. It's weird.

mas8705

He wasn't asked about Green Goblin, though, he just brought him up out of the blue and told people to stay tuned. He deliberately took time out of a story mode panel to tease Green Goblin. It's weird.

Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if it was a case where Goblin would be in the story mode, but just so happens to be taken out in a cutscene to justify him not being playable (or in the case where Spiderman just so happens to be fighting, he is just hanging out with the other two opponents casually while flying out "off screen").

Then again... Unless if I missed that one scene, I don't think we have seen Groot either (or if we have, it isn't immediately coming to mind).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ah, I misunderstood then. That has a bit more substance to it.

Can you/SaikyoBro reiterate or put everything out there for what you heard about Ant-Man? IIRC y'all were pretty confident pre-zip-leak. It wasn't just going off of Hawkeye's Level 3 changing, was it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom