• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

War Machine has always been a jobber in the comics tho, bout time someone came in to get some actual work done.

Fuck that.
War Machines run in the 90s was great. New Marvel just handles the character like shit.

Rhodes/War Machine is my favorite super hero so I'm always so sad to see him treated so poorly.

I never got to read the 90s one, but I did enjoy the 2007 one with Ares

Maybe the Black Widow legacy character will be the Brown Recluse ;P
though, that's kinda my thing

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Fuck that.
War Machines run in the 90s was great. New Marvel just handles the character like shit.

Rhodes/War Machine is my favorite super hero so I'm always so sad to see him treated so poorly.
Was that the time he has tank legs?
I never got to read the 90s one, but I did enjoy the 2007 one with Ares

Maybe the Black Widow legacy character will be the Brown Recluse ;P
though, that's kinda my thing
Watch them introduce the Red Widow from the bad novel

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
hot scoopz, check out this exclusive variant cover guyz

O2wjZGa.jpg

suck it X-Men fans :3

Dahbomb

Fuck that.

Hard to make a character interesting when they are a clone of another.

They should make War Machine a villain.

PSqueak

Banned
Hard to make a character interesting when they are a clone of another.

They should make War Machine a villain.

That wouldn't make sense.

And WM is a "clone" because, if i understood correctly, he briefly took the Iron Man mantle while Tony was in rehabilitation and he did a good enough job to make tony go "maybe we should give you your own armor", how the fuck would it make sense for him to be a villian?

so how big of a disadvantage are you at with 1 character left? are we basically assuming you need a ridiculous meter user to come back?

I think Strider/Morrigan with Time Gem or something could be ridiculous if the backup works well enough

Zero-ELEC

Banned
What happened to Yelena?

Incoming
Marvel Generations: Blonde Widow/Black Widow

:p

EDIT: Who is the Red Widow?

She's from a novel. She fences.

so how big of a disadvantage are you at with 1 character left? are we basically assuming you need a ridiculous meter user to come back?

I think Strider/Morrigan with Time Gem or something could be ridiculous if the backup works well enough

Well when a character dies you get a bunch of infinity stone metre, so that kinda balances out, I guess?

Seyavesh

after you burn your xf storm its p much over if they have both chars and storm on deck. before that point though i'm betting timestone comeback potential is super high.

esp when you add in blockstun cancel

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I just replayed the story demo after a few sessions of Ultimate and man alive, MvCI feels less accessible. The amount of buttons is a legit concern for a non-fighting game player.

PP-KK + Simple Combos is also inferior to the "Simple" function for someone who isn't going to learn the game (i.e. their main audience). Sure, you're waay more limited in Simple, but for someone who just wants to mess around with the cool characters it's simpler.

If they wanted they could have expanded on the Simple mode to make allow more abilities within it, like letting you choose your Hypers and Specials with a direction rather than just having one and two respectively. Square still mashes through a magic series but doesn't launch in simple, which they could have changed.

As it stands, easy combos seem infinitely less reliable as accessibility tools than what was present in the last game and the new button config seems to have raised the skill floor absolutely. Once again, all this talk about accessibility seems just like lip service.

Neoxon

The producers if Infinite never ruled out X-Men characters. Leaks from the very beginning told of X-Men Characters as DLC. Marvel Games has also been slowly walking back parts of the Fox "ban" (mostly about the X-Men).

That, however, means nothing so far.
What he said. We'll likely get our X-Men via DLC. The real question now are the F4 characters, especially in light of the Doctor Doom movie announcement from Fox (which sounds surprisingly promising).

JAXXX

copied to share....please ignore if already post here.LOL
--------- Notes from the UK playtest at WSO.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sq2c0m

Random thoughts after a few hours of the game. It's a mess because phone.

General:
- Overall feels/handles much more like Marvel3 than TVC etc despite what people were saying early on. Same-ish speed and movement.
- Seems like 1 ground bounce and 1 hard knockdown per combo is the hard rule. I know we heard 1 wall bounce per combo from Combofiend so that makes sense.
- looks like a lot of characters can't abare as easily without tagging. EG, Strider can't combo off air-to-air excalibur at all anymore, but a tagged character can pick it up easily. Definitely intentional.
- the ability to tag anytime means you can get away with more now. Offence will probably be really stupid for the first 2 months.
- basically keep both characters alive as long as possible. Losing one instantly makes you less effective in every way. Infinity Stones aren't a strong comeback mechanic.
- The game doesn't look so bad visually, except in edge cases. The art direction still feels more Marvel than Capcom tho.

Other stuff:
- Infinity Storm straight into a level 3 seems strong, with only a small gap of non-invincible frames and no 'real' cost
- space - infinity surge has a hit or two of armour while activating, surprised nobody has mentioned that yet
- Space - infinity Storm prevents the enemy tagging out at all. Sounds obvious but lots of uses; no combo breakers etc.
- Captain Marvel's jump.HK has some sort of MVC3-esque hit-box (or bubble.) Cant think of who it reminds me of, but it's kinda dumb.
- Went Binary about 50 times, still dunno what it does still except more damage and bigger beams/beam supers
- Morrigan's new special move is air-only, if you do it grounded she'll fly into the air automatically first. After hitting, bats follow the oponent around, dunno what that does, doesn't transfer meter.
- Strider's new Vajra (lk) teleports him straight to the wall behind him (Wall Cling), still has the other 3 teleports.
- Dr. Strange's victory animation looks way better

- Overall really liked what I saw. Went from interested to hyped.

mas8705

copied to share....

General:
- Overall feels/handles much more like Marvel3 than TVC etc despite what people were saying early on. Same-ish speed and movement.
- Seems like 1 ground bounce and 1 hard knockdown per combo is the hard rule. I know we heard 1 wall bounce per combo from Combofiend so that makes sense.
- looks like a lot of characters can't abare as easily without tagging. EG, Strider can't combo off air-to-air excalibur at all anymore, but a tagged character can pick it up easily. Definitely intentional.
- the ability to tag anytime means you can get away with more now. Offence will probably be really stupid for the first 2 months.
- basically keep both characters alive as long as possible. Losing one instantly makes you less effective in every way. Infinity Stones aren't a strong comeback mechanic.
- The game doesn't look so bad visually, except in edge cases. The art direction still feels more Marvel than Capcom tho.

Other stuff:
- Infinity Storm straight into a level 3 seems strong, with only a small gap of non-invincible frames and no 'real' cost
- space - infinity surge has a hit or two of armour while activating, surprised nobody has mentioned that yet
- Space - infinity Storm prevents the enemy tagging out at all. Sounds obvious but lots of uses; no combo breakers etc.

If I had to guess about Space, it could be because everyone is more focused on how it can drag people closer to you (to which if that were the case, the extra hit or two of armor would make since due to how you would be giving your opponent the chance to rush you down if you use it).

As for everyone else, it is kind of nice to see how important it will be to use the tag system here and how that will play out. Not too sure how big the Infinity Storm combo will work. I feel like with the Mind stone giving you meter when you activate it, players probably could use that as a bit of a comeback if they could possibly use their level 3 Supers three times back to back. One for what you could have saved up, another after the Infinite Storm, and one more after you regained meter to do one more (depending on how much meter you get back)

PSqueak

Banned
I do think this is an issue with the more realistic style. While Arthur and Mega Man seem to have squeaked by. I can't imagine a little girl fighting in this game. So stuff like her or TvC roll seem like impossibilities in this MvC title

Yet people are absolutely sure Ms. Marvel (Kamala) will be in?

Heck, im all up for "Little girl" DLC pack: Roll, Momo, Ms. Marvel, & Molly Hayes

General:

Other stuff:
- Captain Marvel's jump.HK has some sort of MVC3-esque hit-box (or bubble.) Cant think of who it reminds me of, but it's kinda dumb.
- Went Binary about 50 times, still dunno what it does still except more damage and bigger beams/beam supers
- Morrigan's new special move is air-only, if you do it grounded she'll fly into the air automatically first. After hitting, bats follow the oponent around, dunno what that does, doesn't transfer meter.
- Strider's new Vajra (lk) teleports him straight to the wall behind him (Wall Cling), still has the other 3 teleports.

What does this mean?

mas8705

Yet people are absolutely sure Ms. Marvel (Kamala) will be in?

Heck, im all up for "Little girl" DLC pack: Roll, Momo, Ms. Marvel, & Molly Hayes

Wouldn't be shocked at all if there is a demand to see Ms. Marvel get into MvC:I. Especially if she is (from what I can tell anyway) one of the most popular "Inhuman" character right now. Not to mention that if Super Skrull isn't going to return, you could easily have her fill out that role while having her bring her own special moves into play as well.

patchday

General:

Other stuff:

you one of my favorite posters. You must be an investigator cause you have a knack for always digging up useful info.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

General:

Other stuff:

Great post, so much great information.

And I finally get my answer about bounce limits!

Watch them not reveal the characters at all even when the variants are out. Heck, I'm calling it, that's exactly what will happen. Would be par for the course with this game's pre-release cycle.

Either way, I'd expect the variants to be advertised and shown early so people would buy them. Its less than a week until they release

Jawmuncher

Either way, I'd expect the variants to be advertised and shown early so people would buy them. Its less than a week until they release

Hmmm. Looks like we'll see more characters before gamescom then with a new playable build there? That's if the covers have new characters on them outside Dormammu and Firebrand.
We did have that dump earlier that wasn't tied to anything so I could see maybe another press event happening maybe?

Variants are normally shown off with the solicits, no? It seems really weird that they're not showing them off at all.

Those came out months ago. We'd probably have known all/most of the roster before E3 in that case. They're doing previews now, so I'd start unveiling them either tonight or tomorrow to show people what they are so they'd buy them at comic shops or online.

Random dumb question.

Do comic publishers have direct subscriptions? Like, say you wanted to have every issue of X-Men Blue & Gold and the Wolverine comic, would you be able to subscribe to each of those three for a year and have them delivered straight to your home for less than retail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom