• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with a pack like that is that for a person that wasn't a fan of the classic MvC games there's nothing to get hyped at. Who the hell knows who any of these characters are anymore except for War Machine? And if War Machine sticks to his roots, he'll be a clone!

DLC packs should either be 100% new characters or mixes of old and new characters. That way people can get hyped for new characters no matter what.

I still think having a pack of characters from previous games can still be exciting. Sure people don't know who they are anymore, like the X-Men *cough*, but they could still be viable.

Honestly, the best way to launch characters imo would be to release 3 themed packs per year with 4 characters each. Having 4 characters every 4 months seems to be a good content stream in terms of both a realistic schedule from the dev side and a satisfying amount of content to consumers.

Please, don't do XMvSF packs. I'd much rather have something spread out. Its what they should have done with SFV's DLC, in my opinion. A mix of brand new characters and returning favorites.

EDIT: New from various franchises a season, not just one

You know we haven't seen any more of those toys
Was there supposed to be more than one set?

2 characters a month

do it Capcom
They can't even handle 6 a year for SFV, the game that actually looks like a budget is behind it.

I said 16 a year (4 packs of 4) for MvC, then I thought about it and said "lol who am i kidding" and decided that 12 (3 packs of 4) would be more realistic.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They can't even handle 6 a year for SFV, the game that actually looks like a budget is behind it.

I said 16 a year (4 packs of 4) for MvC, then I thought about it and said "lol who am i kidding" and decided that 12 (3 packs of 4) would be more realistic.

I know :3

Jawmuncher

For at least a decent chunk it's reusing MVC3 stuff and adding to it. So that alone should get us out of long waits like SFV. At least for veterans

Well, Previewsworld has updated but not in the way we wanted. I believe Thanos does have a cover artist listed now though. Generations: Thor/Thor still does not, iirc

Thanos #10 LIM Variant

Zero-ELEC

Banned
An X-Men vs. Street Fighter pack would be the worst.
Well, Previewsworld has updated but not in the way we wanted. I believe Thanos does have a cover artist listed now though. Mighty thor still does not, iirc

Thanos #10 LIM Variant
Well, that sucks. When do the comics release?

I just realized that with Spider-Man/Deadpool #20 releasing on August 2, Firebrand and Dormammu will have to be revealed before then. Given the comics release schedule, we might get 1-2 character reveals per week throughout the month of August. That might be why the Comic-Con reveals were meager compared to previous events.

Covers that haven’t been officially revealed:

August 2 - Spider-Man #19, Spider-Man/Deadpool #20
August 9 - Amazing Spider-Man #31, Defenders #4, Venom #153
Augst 16 - Mighty Thor #22
August 23 - Black Panther #17, Generations: Thor #1
August 30 - Thanos #10

I think this is all accurate

JazzmanZ

Rather then just two series packs maybe it'll be a bit more broad.

Below I have two of my own ideas on what DLC Packs I'd like to see.

zZ1jfqc.jpg

A veterans pack which will include Vergil, Wesker, and Akuma since they're basically required to return. As well as Wolverine, Doom and Deadpool to fill the missing X-men/F4 niche.

KODLpdi.jpg

An all female pack to boost the female numbers a mix of old and new as well.

Since nothing's going to be going on until at least Wednesday, let's have our own fun on the topic of themed packs. Make your own themed packs with four characters.

I'll start.

The "Beast Unleashed" pack, focusing on wild/feral characters.
-Jon Talbain
-Necalli
-Ka-Zar the Barbarian
-Wolverine

The "World Domination" pack, including evil masterminds.
-M. Bison
-Wesker
-Magneto
-Red Skull

The "Way of the Fist" pack, with master martial artists.
-Akuma
-Gene
-Iron Fist
-Daredevil

Edit: Nice ninjas, JazzmanZ.

J-Tier

Beast Slayer Pack

Arisen
Iron Fist
Nina
Elsa Bloodstone

BB Hood, Morlun, Felyne, Ryu (BoF), and Kraven would work too. I was going for Dragon Slayer pack, but beyond Arisen and Iron Fist, not much else fits and Monster Hunter is already going to be a thing.

shaowebb

Nice to see folks wanting Iron Fist back in this. With projectiles being pushblockable it'd be a big buff for him...lack of the wavedash not so much though unless that was kept his thing.

If he somehow came back better hope for as many tweaks as the UMVC3 arcade edition patch. Air okay rising fang and no prerequisites for Wall of Kun Lun and Rising fang are huge. Still think Crescent Heel needs to no longer cause a bounce though. That way he doesn't sacrifice the ability to use crumples in a combo to go for an overhead. UMVC3ae mitigated this by simply giving him more high low properties on other stuff and some jump cancels to go for overheads.

Jawmuncher

zZ1jfqc.jpg

A veterans pack which will include Vergil, Wesker, and Akuma since they're basically required to return. As well as Wolverine, Doom and Deadpool to fill the missing X-men/F4 niche.

KODLpdi.jpg

Okami despite fitting the criteria seems like it'd be kind of a odd move for such a pack. Then again roll would be as well if it was the TvC version and not battle network or something. Though she still works better than a dog.

tangled55

Viper is trash and should've never existed.

Juri is better.

That may be true in the land of Street fighter (I personally hate SFIV and SFV, and refuse to touch either anymore), but in terms of a "Mahvel" game, C. Viper is one of the best characters ever to exist in the franchise.

Ever.

She's more "Mahvel" than 85% of the entire roster in UMvC3.

Neoxon

zZ1jfqc.jpg

KODLpdi.jpg

You're assuming that Lady is in Season 1, right? I'd probably swap Roll with Tron Bonne. I could also see Marvel prioritizing Black Widow or Wasp over She-Hulk, but Jen has the veteran advantage.

PSqueak

Banned
Since nothing's going to be going on until at least Wednesday, let's have our own fun on the topic of themed packs. Make your own themed packs with four characters.

Yet people are absolutely sure Ms. Marvel (Kamala) will be in?

Heck, im all up for "Little girl" DLC pack: Roll, Momo, Ms. Marvel, & Molly Hayes

Maybe at some point we'll get like the Doggo DLC pack: Talbain, Good Boy, Lockjaw, and Amaterasu.

just saying.

IMO a dog being counted as a female character just seems like a mean joke.

But Amaterasu is goddess using a female canine avatar, she's also a veteran.

J-Tier

Battle Circuit cast? We friends now. :)
Though I was always more of a Captain Silver man myself. Something about how neat he was doing shape shifter attacks while also have elemental powers like that arctic attack stuff.
I'd like anyone from Battle Circuit. Though Pink Ostrich would be my want.

Zero-ELEC

Banned

zZ1jfqc.jpg

KODLpdi.jpg

I would think a Femme Fatale pack would include more than zero femme fatales.

Jawmuncher

just saying.

But Amaterasu is goddess using a female canine avatar, she's also a veteran.

Technically there's no new newcomer on that female pack for the capcom side there if it's TvC roll. Regardless even with that being Amaterasu's case still seems like an odd idea.

shaowebb

I'd like anyone from Battle Circuit. Though Pink Ostrich would be my want.

Game was so good. Such simple controls and such loud characters. Plus it had a full story and upgradeable movesets.

Any of them would work for a vs game. The ridiculousness of that shapeshifter though. Captain Silver mah boi.
https://fat.gfycat.com/EmotionalTenderLamb.webm
Not even half his moves either. He even had a GTFO that hit all the way around him like lariat where he had 4 mini Silvers standing around him and he was powering up. Just so visual.

I was wondering how Roll, for example, would be considered a femme fatale when that would be more like a pack with Ada Wong, Enchantress, Trish, Black Widow or something

Not entirely sure if Moonstone would qualify, so removed

PSqueak

Banned
What's so difficult to pronounce about "Shen-ko"?

It's counter intuitive because of how's it written, Spanish is my native tongue "Hsien-ko" as written would be more likely to be pronounced "C-N-KOH", even tho it's for some reason pronounced "Shen-Koh".

Lei Lei is pronounced straight up as it is written.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I was joking about Lei Lei / Hsien, good lord people... call them whatever you want :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom