• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

I was actually really impressed with the video. Like, John D is purely an eSports guy. It''s what he was brought in to do, and this is actually the first thing out of MvC:I's time in public since the debut where I can go "I totally understand what you're doing and this makes complete logical sense." Which has not been the case for so, so many other things w/ this game and its marketing.

For real. I think that's why it actually got me excited for the game lol.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I was actually really impressed with the video. Like, John D is purely an eSports guy. It''s what he was brought in to do, and this is actually the first thing out of MvC:I's time in public since the debut where I can go "I totally understand what you're doing and this makes complete logical sense." Which has not been the case for so, so many other things w/ this game and its marketing.

Yup, I wouldn't lie, those throwbacks toward old iterations got me hyped. It's so weird to see those old footages happening.

RocBase

Any mirrors available yet for the video? Just read through the thread but would like to see the footage if possible.

I actually laughed out loud for a good minute at the revelation that it was John D who accidentally leaked it. What are the odds, lol. Poor guy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Damn it, how good can one get in just 4 days fam? :(

or alternatively

2018 season pass? we wont even get a 2017 season pass!

edit: but for realsies tho

John D‏ @diamonon 1h1 hour ago
More
The Capcom esports video that was mistakenly uploaded to my YouTube channel was a proposal and the information included was not final.

RocBase

my man!

tenor.gif

Zero-ELEC

Banned
You know, if this is the final roster, then only 6 out of 30 characters are "new", with only 5 of them actually brand new characters to the series, of which only 2 are on Capcom's side.

That's... not a good look.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You know, if this is the final roster, then only 6 out of 30 characters are "new", with only 5 of them actually brand new characters to the series, of which only 2 are on Capcom's side.

That's... not a good look.

I think you mean 12 fam, dat DLC tho :3

Rhaknar

I assume the cdkeys version wont come with the pre-order costumes right? I never bought from them but I hear their stuff usually doesnt come with the pre order bonuses.

I assume the cdkeys version wont come with the pre-order costumes right? I never bought from them but I hear their stuff usually doesnt come with the pre order bonuses.
It isn't mentioned at all on the page so I'd assume not.

They will cost $8 at absolute most (assuming they follow SFV pricing), so you still save more even if you buy the costumes individually after the fact.

Could Wizard have released that tweet just to save himself just in case something was on there that could have got Evo into legal issues?

oh, and the comic covers are all updated on my post

Dartastic

I uh. I just double dipped for the first time in my life. I had already preordered through Best Buy on the PS4 version for like, $35 forever ago, but last night I watched Max's newish footage with Spidey and Captain Marvel (that's the team I want to run so far!) and ughhhhhhhh so dope. So I preordered the game for PC as well on CDKeys.com because it's only like, 31 bucks there. Welp. I'm all in on this, I guess.

TP

My past orders have come with pre order stuff
I think you can message them to find out

My past orders have come with pre order stuff
I think you can message them to find out
Did you input the code before the release date?

I assume Steam's just like "Well the game's not out yet, and this guy clearly bought it, so he must have preordered it" and gives you the pre-order edition/bonuses.

sinkfla87

I think Ghost Rider will be a little more viable this time around (hopefully) given the lack of assists and that it's now 2v2. Jedah, Ghost Rider team here we go!

TP

Did you input the code before the release date?

I assume Steam's just like "Well the game's not out yet, and this guy clearly bought it, so he must have preordered it" and gives you the pre-order edition/bonuses.

I'm not sure

I can't even recall if they send you the codes before release

I do remember receiving more than one code for Doom and Overwatch though

I'll see if I can find them

Edit: I could only find Prey, two codes and bought on release day. The others were bought months before release.

BossRush

It's becoming more and more apparent that this game is really not made for casuals, or at the very least it's not being marketed toward them aside from "look we have a story mode and arcade mode"

It's becoming more and more apparent that this game is really not made for casuals, or at the very least it's not being marketed toward them aside from "look we have a story mode and arcade mode"

They will play the arcade mode and story and maybe have a few fights with their friends. That's all most of them really want. The casual fighting game players I know, think the game is cool, and are excited. As they are for DBFz too.

Ideally, it would be the casual amount of content from NRS with the game play from Capcom's fighters for the lasting tournament scenes.

Jawmuncher

The roster is the biggest hurdle. Though if we're going SUPER casual. They're pretty set if all they want is Marvel big wigs for the most part.

The middle ground is who gets shafted the most. Those that want a little more variety.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No X-Men wouldn't matter so much to casuals if they didn't make incendiary statements that targeted fans. The functions thing might be the biggest gaffe the game has had, because people went from being ehh on the game to being "fuck you Capcom."

Rhaknar

I don't think that video was actually "leaked". I think it was intentionally released to create publicity.

youre wrong because no company would want internal revenue numbers out in the public

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom