• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
May be a bit of an odd question, but does anyone know if this game will support legacy controller options (like SF5 does)? At least as far as the Xbox One ver. goes.

I'd want to be able to use my Madcatz 360 SF4 TE stick on MvCI, but I don't want to fork out £50 just for an adapter (which aren't really smooth to use anyway) just for a single game. It'd make the game nearly £100 and that's before taking into account any DLC costs. And I certainly don't want to fork out another £150-200 for an XB1 stick just for one game.

So it's kinda a make or break deal for me.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
He's the equivalent of the Devil or the Grim Reaper, as seen by his wing-scythes and devil horns. That super is a reference to the whole "selling your soul to the devil" trope.

tbh it should be a counter super so it's your own fault when u sell your soul to the devil. game balance idc idc lore reigns supreme

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";246696438]Someone please tell me the controls for Soul Stone's infinity storm. I can't get hyped unless I know it's full Jojo's.[/QUOTE]

Save us Max

Dahbomb

Firebrand sounds mega wack.

Rest of the trailer was cool. As predicted Soul gem is revive plus MVC1 combined clash.

Things gonna get nutty in this game.

May be a bit of an odd question, but does anyone know if this game will support legacy controller options (like SF5 does)? At least as far as the Xbox One ver. goes.

I'd want to be able to use my Madcatz 360 SF4 TE stick on MvCI, but I don't want to fork out £50 just for an adapter (which aren't really smooth to use anyway) just for a single game. It'd make the game nearly £100 and that's before taking into account any DLC costs. And I certainly don't want to fork out another £150-200 for an XB1 stick just for one game.

No idea but maybe the demo is an indication? I'd try that for now and wait until release for confirmation.

Just rewatched the trailer. All of Jedah's moves have the classic sound effects, and he perfectly impersonates Chiba's laugh during the drowning super. I love him even more than i already did.

No idea on the PS4 version. X1 is a hard no, though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";246696640]If you control both characters or swap control with the tag button I'll never even try the other stones.[/QUOTE]

all we know for sure is that when the storm ends, you cant tag the revived character.

MoxManiac

The Brooks adapters are great and don't have any lag.

Dahbomb

Dormammu looks pretty good game play wise, they didn't fuck too much with him from Marvel 3. His spells are changed a bit but some needed to be changed. He can special cancel into his conjure spells which is a big deal (ie. Dark Hole canceled into conjure).

Ghost Rider looks mostly the same but now Heartless Spire is special cancelable and he has a new move. The OTG system in this game definitely helps him a lot in general but for the most part he looks the same.

Didn't see enough of Firebrand to judge, just the trailer. He seems to have elements now, maybe a wider range than just wind and fire.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Looks like Jedah's contract Level 3 will have a unique silhouette for each character.

unknown.png

That's great! I love those small details.

Rhaknar

I wont make a fuss about it since the price was so good, but I'm really hoping the cdkeys version comes with the preorder stuff, I want that Hulk and Ryu costumes. Thor is cool too actually.

Phase 3

Neo Member
I played a ton of Ghost Rider in Ultimate and I've been reviewing what little footage we have. So far it looks like his J.S is gone, has anyone else been able to see it? My initial thought would be, in a game like Marvel Infinite, they thought a move like that may be a little too much? They left him his old J.H which still looks really good for space control, but that downward angled nearly full screen overhead was something I was looking forward to abusing in this game. Anyone manage to see it? Hopefully I just missed it.

Also I'm assuming this is super old hat, but it's cool to see Maximum Spider is back. I know everyone was worried this move was removed, so it's cool to see. I guess this means Spider-Man has 4 supers since we've seen a new Lv3, Web Throw and I'm pretty sure we saw Crawler Assault.

J-Tier

Super excited. It's not the game I expected by a long shot, but damn if that doesn't look good. Just reveal all 6 DLC and let us move forward and talk about what we really want.

Rhaknar

yup you control both characters, and you can activate the storm even with both alive, the second just comes out. Seems ridiculously OP, but probably really hard to use tbh.

Also its a happy birthday waiting for happen I guess lol

Jawmuncher

ah ok, trailer doesnt have the UI and I keep forgetting what each stone does. His new move also pulls people in tho (shitty quality pic)

eXGqSEu.png

oh is it? Oh well fuck it

edit: oh, gamescom character select, no ? boxes

DH1nesJXgAAPMnh.jpg

Just close your eyes when you pick a character.

You can, it just has a really long tag cooldown.

There's almost no organization here. Why are Jedah and Morrigan separated? Ryu and Chun? Gamora and Rocket? The four main Avengers.

I fully expect the UI was made with the DLC. Watch everything neatly become organized when all 6 release.

FSLink

Banned
No training room eh?

Also looks like some characters say stuff other than _____ STONE

Dormammu says SOUL ABSORPTION when using Soul Stone.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Don't like this green/yellow Cap Alt in the new Max breakdown video.

Soul Stone seems like something I might use if the range is as stupid as it looks in the trailer.

Rhaknar

8 stages seems awfully low, no ?

actually seems about right for the series. 3 had 8 also, including the training, and ultimate had 11 I think, with the new reskinned stages?

no wait 3 had 11, so I guess ultimate had more with the reskins.

Trickster

Maybe you have to unlock them through story. Or maybe not all stages are playable in this build.

I guess, I just figured they wouldn't be hiding stages this close to the release, or when they have the full roster revealed

actually seems about right for the series. 3 had 8 also, including the training, and ultimate had 11 I think, with the new reskinned stages?

I see. Well at least all the stages so far have been gorgeous, far better than the SF5 stages, most of which I've disabled in my random rotation

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Totally makes sense for them to just use the key stages, instead of just like, random hallways, which nobody would want to play on anyways. 8 is also about right.

Rhaknar

kinda glad there is no training stage because I hate that shit and hate that its always used in tournaments... but I guess they will use the blandest stage possible, so Avengers Tower I guess? >_>

also no random stage button. Gamescom build is probably not final anyway, at least when it comes to these little things.

NEO0MJ

no wait 3 had 11, so I guess ultimate had more with the reskins.

It's kinda disappointing coming from games such as Injustice 2 and Tekken 7.

Mugy

Okay, gotta admit one single thing: This game looks amazing in the gameplay aspect. Its amazing how much it has improve.

Shame about everything else. But gameplay wise, its looks fun. And a lot

El Sloth

Banned
I foresee plenty of Soul Stone use in the first few months just for the revive ability.

No doubt the chip damage scaling was at least partly implemented to prevent tag teams locking someone down for the duration of the storm chipping them to death.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Soul Surge whip goes over half the screen, it's a neat space control move in itself.

Haggar walking around with a barrel is hilarious.

he hasn't said anything incredibly dumb you so all in pretty good
Hate to say it but he's not the best at demoing games TBH. All the enthusiasm he has in FGC commentary is gone, very monotone and sounds like he's dragging his feet through these interviews, he forgot both locations that are put together to comprise the Dark Kingdom stage, etc. This isn't the first time I've noticed either, although he gets better as the video goes on.

Mugy

Do you guys think the LMHS layout changed in this game because of the Soul Stone storm effect? (using two characters for a period of time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom