• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheroking

Nobody in the history of time gave a shit about Marvel 3 stages, unless it was to complain about everyone choosing the Danger Room or the snow level competitively.

Nobody has time to look at any of that shit in a match.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Nobody in the history of time gave a shit about Marvel 3 stages, unless it was to complain about everyone choosing the Danger Room or the snow level competitively.

Nobody has time to look at any of that shit in a match.

Hi! I give tons of shit about stages! I loved Asgard - Sea of Space. Very pretty.
That's...actually bretty gud. See, Capcom, release a nice trailer and people get excited for a game.

It's because it's been appearing as an ad.

My main team in UMVC3 was Wesker, Dorm, Doom (beam). I think he looks good here, but I'm not sure if the mechanics of the game lend themselves to doing Dormammu things. He's going to have to work very hard to play a similar style.

Skab

It also has 36 characters made from scratch. You would think stages would be more prevalent considering the focus on story and shortage on all other content.

There are more stages, seemingly tied to the story mode. Most likely unlocks.

I always did hate how the additional "new" eight stages in UMVC3 were just remixes of old ones.

Some were nice looking (the day time S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier stage was much better than the night time variation from vanilla MVC3) but I wish we could of gotten all new locations, like the courtroom from Ace Attourney or maybe the Central Highway from MMX. Instead we got stuff like "hey, it's Demon Village except now everything is in black n' white! Ooooohhhh".

PSqueak

Banned
I always did hate how the additional "new" eight stages in UMVC3 were just remixes of old ones.

Some were nice looking (the day time S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier stage was much better than the night time variation from vanilla MVC3) but I wish we could of gotten all new locations, like the courtroom from Ace Attourney or maybe the Central Highway from MMX. Instead we got stuff like "hey, it's Demon Village except now everything is in black n' white! Ooooohhhh".

Still, gotta say that the Days of Future past stage was awesome even if just metro city remixed.

I'd actually like to see how much the story mode costs in relation to new characters. I think people are possibly underestimating how much of the budget of the game may have been poured into it.

MrCarter

It also has 36 characters made from scratch. You would think stages would be more prevalent considering the focus on story and shortage on all other content.

I don't mind the characters being recycled as it's common in the MvC series and if we look at most of the characters brought back you'll see they have tweaked them and added more moves to their arsenal.

The thing that annoys me is the fidelity of the character models which leave a lot to be desired - they just need that extra pop. Everything else like the gameplay, hitsparks, stages and casual content seems to be spot on so far.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Is there? I don't recall them saying anything about that

Well there are two unique stages that aren't available for us to use is pretty much underground stage (demo) and Metro City Motor Corp.

I thought Shadowland is pretty new stage? unless I overlooked something. I really hope that we would able to get more unique stages down in the future through downloadable contents.. There are quite good places that need to become stages.

MvC3 didn't have a 2 hour cinematic story mode to write and animate....basically the equivalent of a feature film (complete with fully animated NPCs that aren't even playable).

If it did, you better believe it wouldn't have had 36 characters.

Just looking at how amazing the gameplay is leaves that nagging feeling of how much better things would've been with a more solid roster. That's the biggest strike against this game.

Only 5 were 'recycled' from Tatsunoko. (That is Chun-Li, Ryu, Morrigan, Viewtiful Joe and Zero)

I never saw the others as ads, but have seen this one.

It depends on a few factors. Demographics are usually how they target things on Twitter, so those who have shown an interest in video games, followers, etc. They probably spent more money this time to run things and widened their circle.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Unless I misunderstood something?

I know there's at least that one other city stage that seems to show up in story mode that isnt listed on the select screen.

Yes, there are other stages. We're not guaranteed to get them as unlockables. To this day there are stages in SFV's story mode that are unplayable outside of it, I think.

Skab

Yes, there are other stages. We're not guaranteed to get them as unlockables. To this day there are stages in SFV's story mode that are unplayable outside of it, I think.

Ah that's true. Hadn't really thought about those.

Man I hope they don't go that route again.

So let me give you a idea of the fuckery thats going to take place with the soul stone.

1. Imagine someone using firebrand as a teammate and doing his mini firebrand super while in infinity storm to have 3 things attacking you at once.

2. Imagine having zero and gamora both do their "double attack clone" supers while in the infinity storm.

3. Imagine having morrigan and zero both zoning you out.

Yeah... Some good fuckery awaits.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So let me give you a idea of the fuckery thats going to take place with the soul stone.

1. Imagine someone using firebrand as a teammate and doing his mini firebrand super while in infinity storm to have 3 things attacking you at once.

2. Imagine having zero and gamora both do their "double attack clone" supers while in the infinity storm.

3. Imagine having morrigan and zero both zoning you out.

Yeah... Some good fuckery awaits.

you can see the first thing happen in the recent videos

Sheroking

I kind of worried now. This shit seems more broken than MvC2.

The problem with MvC2 is some characters are super mobile and high level neutral completely boxed out most of the characters.

There's nothing mechanically broken about the game, really. Not like, say, TAC or X-Factor in Marvel 3.

NotLiquid

Abyone gonna try and make the story mode off these 8 maos?

Story begins in Xgard like in the demo. Ultron and Sigma already smacked the worlds together. The heroes that have already come together attempt to break into Xgard, fail and free Thanos in a last chance gambit. Nova who finds out shit's fucked brings Gamora to Avengers HQ where some of the team fight about whether to let Thanos help. Presumably they agree to do so and he lets them in on the locations of the stones. Villains start cropping up around the world, presumably in tow with them, while Jedah attacks Avengers HQ where him and Thanos have a skirmish. Jedah flees and Dante follows him into the Dark Kingdom. Everyone splits up to recover gems. Ryu and Hulk are probably already hanging out in Valkanda at the start of the story since that's the kind of characters they are, and they help in the day to day life of defending Valkanda with Black Panther and Hunter from the surrounding monsters, including Dah'ren Mohran. They're joined by Chun-Li who's looking for the stone that's in that region. X, Rocket, Gamora, Strider, Carol and Nova go to Knowmoon where they fight against Grandmaster Meio and a brainwashed Zero. Haggar and Spider-Man are busting thugs in New Metro City while Hawkeye and Chris show up to court them into breaking into AIMbrella alongside them to locate the infinity stone MODOK has. Frank is there already looking for the hot scoops and they all face off against Nemesis. Dante fights against the forces of the Dark Kingdom including Dormammu and probably Firebrand, possibly teaming up with Morrigan and Ghost Rider here. But it's too late and Jedah revives the symbiote. He leads a charge into New Metro City, Spidey gets absorbed by the symbiote, Ghost Rider and Morrigan show up to stop Jedah while everyone else fends off the symbiote monster. Everyone reconvenes just in time to stop it, and they now have four of the infinity stones. Dr. Light informs them of what needs to be done, the heroes return to storm Xgard and defeat Ultron Sigma in the throne room using the power of all stones but probably not before Thanos returns as the real final boss or something of the sort. I'm guessing Ryu ends up landing the killing blow because Capcom.

That's the best I can come up with based on the trailer and stages lol. Cap, Spencer, Arthur, Strange and Thor are unaccounted for in the latter half of the story though so they're probably in some of those teams. I'm guessing Arthur with Dante specifically cause you gotta have him fighting Firebrand.

EDIT: Okay, slowed down the footage of the trailer and just realized that Morrigan and Doctor Strange are behind Dante in the opening shot, so they're already with him before the Symbiote is released.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ooooo! Havent got to see that one yet! If you have link on hand, please link me!

dunno which one it is, its morrigan / firebrand, firebrand supers into the clone while morrigan hits soul storm so you have all 3 on screen

any more footage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXkAKeHjQZY

This new?

Story begins in Xgard like in the demo. Ultron and Sigma already smacked the worlds together. The heroes who have already come together free Thanos and fight in the Avengers HQ about whether to let him help. Presumably they agree to do so. Villains start cropping up around the world, presumably in tow with their own infinity stones. Thanos and Jedah skirmish at the tower and Dante follows Jedah into the Dark Kingdom. Everyone splits up to recover gems. Ryu and Hulk probably already hanging out in Valkanda with Black Panther and Hunter at the start of the story since that's usually what they do but are joined by Chun-Li who's looking for the stone that's in that region. X, Rocket, Gamora, Strider, Carol and Nova go to Knowmoon where they fight against Grandmaster Meio and a brainwashed Zero. Haggar and Spider-Man are busting thugs in New Metro City while Hawkeye and Chris show up to court them into breaking into AIMbrella to locate the infinity stone MODOK has. Frank is there already looking for the hot scoops and they all face off against Nemesis. Dante fights against the forces of the Dark Kingdom including Dormammu and probably Firebrand. But it's too late and Jedah revives the symbiote. He leads a charge into New Metro City, Spidey gets absorbed by the symbiote, Ghost Rider and Morrigan show up to stop Jedah. Everyone reconvenes just in time to stop the rampaging symbiote, and they now have four of the infinity stones. Dr. Light informs them of what needs to be done, the heroes return to storm Xgard and defeat Ultron Sigma in the throne room using the power of all stones but probably not before Thanos returns as the real final boss or something of the sort. I'm guessing Ryu ends up landing the killing blow because Capcom.

That's the best I can come up with based on the trailer and stages lol. Cap, Spencer, Arthur and Thor are unaccounted for here though so they're probably in some of those teams. I'm guessing Arthur with Dante specifically cause you gotta have him fighting Firebrand.

Sounds plausible.

From the ones you missed:
I think Winter Soldier will be controlled by MODOK and sent at the team either before or after Nemesis. There's your Cap and Spencer part I guess.

I also think Venom might be captured in either AIMbrella or Dark Kingdom.

Death shows up for Thanos related things.

I think Ultron Omega will be the final boss (or perhaps the Arcade boss with all 5 Infinity Stones?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom