• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VariantX

Yeah you got it. IJ2 has those elements plus very good tutorials. Granted, SFV has good tutorials now too from what I recall.

IJ2 also has guilds where up to 50 players can play together. Interest in IJ2 might have tapered off a little but at launch we had 7 GAF guilds. Plus you can coop with guildmates to takedown a boss. Now I think we are probably down to like 2-3 active gaf guilds

I frankly don't expect any fighter to touch IJ2 in the casual dept but that's okay. I'm more interested in solid core mechanics. But I also would like a story mode. Even what GG Xrd REV does seems coo (where Arcade mode you get lots of cutscenes for character development + a fully cinematic story). Granted, IJ2 was the best (for me)

It also has highly customizeable characters in terms of gear, a form of character progression in leveling you characters and the ability to swap out special moves with gear moves.

JAXXX

We know there's a Gallery, though I'm assuming you're just talking about gameplay.

I'd really like for them to have a local (and online) player controlled 2v2. That would be so hype and fun for a game like this.

I heard the rumor that capcom was looking into having a mode where 2 players control a team.

patchday

It also has highly customizeable characters in terms of gear, a form of character progression in leveling you characters and the ability to swap out special moves with gear moves.

Yeah I left out those parts... I hope and pray RPG style leveling doesn't become a thing in fighting games. I really just think the only reason the loot grinding is in IJ2 is to sale the source crystals. But I won't go into more depth in this thread I'll leave those whines in IJ2 thread.

But the other features I list up top are the well received parts I think

IJ2 does the opposite of the proper "games as a service" system I'd want for fighters. What we need are 100% free characters and stages with cosmetics costing money, but IJ2 has that backwards.

I still think the Overwatch model would be ideal for fighting games (as long as you can still buy individual costumes), i just don't think it'll happen for a very long time due to both different expectations and cost of assets in fighters (we expect far more characters in fighters, which are tons more expensive to make than characters in shooters).

IJ2 does the opposite of the proper "games as a service" system I'd want for fighters. What we need are 100% free characters and stages with cosmetics costing money, but IJ2 has that backwards.

I still think the Overwatch model would be ideal for fighting games (as long as you can still buy individual costumes), i just don't think it'll happen for a very long time due to both different expectations and cost of assets in fighters (we expect far more characters in fighters, which are tons more expensive to make than characters in shooters).

Actually, I think Killer Instinct would does a better job at that. Selling fighter in packs plus letting players play a different character a day for free.

KI is different because it's free. I mean a game where you pay $40-60 upfront, but then get years of content for free, with the only real negative being costumes being overpriced.

Kashiwaba

I think SFV is pretty good, but they need to make things a bit cheaper and add more customization options, right now there is nothing to use your FM on.

I think SFV is pretty good, but they need to make things a bit cheaper and add more customization options, right now there is nothing to use your FM on.
Had SFV had more content at launch and more things to spend FM on (like an art gallery or music selecter), it would be pretty close to the ideal model.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Yeah you got it. IJ2 has those elements plus very good tutorials. Granted, SFV has good tutorials now too from what I recall.

IJ2 also has guilds where up to 50 players can play together. Interest in IJ2 might have tapered off a little but at launch we had 7 GAF guilds. Plus you can coop with guildmates to takedown a boss. Now I think we are probably down to like 2-3 active gaf guilds

I frankly don't expect any fighter to touch IJ2 in the casual dept but that's okay. I'm more interested in solid core mechanics. But I also would like a story mode. Even what GG Xrd REV does seems coo (where Arcade mode you get lots of cutscenes for character development + a fully cinematic story). Granted, IJ2 was the best (for me)

Now I'm very curious to see how Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite would handle Single Player Contests since I'm pretty sure Marvel might push Capcom to fill it out with the contents just like Injustice franchise. They obviously want part of those pies.

There sadly hasn't been a good or memorable song in Capcom fighters in a long time. They really gotta step it up.

I think there's been a few good tracks here and there but TvC was the last one to have an all around stellar soundtrack. SFIV and V's music is just blaring garbage to me. Like most of the characters and the general presentation, it feels soulless.

FANG and Rashido theme very memorable imo, as well as stage theme for forgotten waterfall

No one would care about Rashido's theme if the "RA-SHI-DOOOOO" part wasn't in there.

FANG's theme, just like the character itself, is
poisonous

Forgotten Waterfall is ok. I almost... forgot about it.

Taskmaster and Nova both had great themes.

Taskmaster's theme annoys me since I get bodied by him for some reason. Nova's is pretty cool, though.

Indeed, they both sound so damn heroic, which is odd for Taskmaster.

He must have copied it from some superhero in the Marvel universe.

Some of the MVC3/UMVC3 themes were awful but there were a lot of good ones, Nova, Hawkeye, Skrull, Tournabout Wright, Iron Fist, etc.

mas8705

Just watched the uppercut. That was pretty dope!! I wonder how awesome its going to look with the evil ryu skin.

Didn't want to spoil it. ^_^

But yeah, a gameplay thing was posted up and one new thing we saw was Ryu's Level 3, and it left alot of people asking if this had something to do with Ryu being at low health, if a stone is activated, or if this is just his level 3 straight out.

Honestly at this point, this is what Capcom needs to do in order to sell people: Show the gameplay and (more importantly) have the pros play to show just how crazy the game can get since other videos are just people mashing the button and doing nothing else than the easy combos.

Didn't want to spoil it. ^_^

But yeah, a gameplay thing was posted up and one new thing we saw was Ryu's Level 3, and it left alot of people asking if this had something to do with Ryu being at low health, if a stone is activated, or if this is just his level 3 straight out.

Honestly at this point, this is what Capcom needs to do in order to sell people: Show the gameplay and (more importantly) have the pros play to show just how crazy the game can get since other videos are just people mashing the button and doing nothing else than the easy combos.

Definitely agree!

mas8705

I'm more interested in the alternate outfits myself now. How crazy would it be if we found out that if you have an alternate outfit when you perform our "Level 3" actually changes how the animation plays out? Mind you the damage would be the same regardless, but something where we see Ryu perform a much more violent looking Shin Shoryuken, or that we see X's armor look like one of his special Armors in Command Mission when he does his ultimate attack.

Of course... this sadly falls apart when you consider that with "Armored Hulk" and "Shirtless Thor" that it might not happen in the same degree as my other examples...

Remember when SFIV closed the SnH plotline once and for all and perfectly lead it into Ryu's SFIII iteration?

Remember when SFV threw that all away because giving the main character a sense of progression was too much?

Pompadour

Remember when SFIV closed the SnH plotline once and for all and perfectly lead it into Ryu's SFIII iteration.

I don't think most people remember the finer details of Street Fighter IV's plot.

I just remember it had a character who was a white guy who thought all white people look alike.

lupinko

Bamco tried the original Overwatch model for Tekken 7 arcade, everybody hated it that's why they backpedalled for FR and the home port is more traditional instead.

Neoxon

Remember when SFIV closed the SnH plotline once and for all and perfectly lead it into Ryu's SFIII iteration?

Remember when SFV threw that all away because giving the main character a sense of progression was too much?
SFV completely closer the book on the SnH arc in the mainline (canon) SF games.

Bamco tried the original Overwatch model for Tekken 7 arcade, everybody hated it that's why they backpedalled for FR and the home port is more traditional instead.
Having to pay for each play is very different from paying a sum upfront.

SFV completely closer the book on the SnH arc in the mainline (canon) SF games.
So did SFIV.

And so will SFVI.

And so will SFVII.

Etc etc.

JayEH

I can understand where he's coming from, but no Dante? Stahp.

I don't agree with no Dante but new DMC characters would be nice. I come from his perspective that this game should have been giving more franchises (and characters from ones already represented) their time.

The loot system ruined Injustice 2 for me I know SFV was barebones but at least it was fun to play. Injustice 2 was just aggravating with the loot and even if I won a fight I'd be mad if I didn't get a good piece of loot I don't like Destiny for the same reason totally randomized loot ruins games for me.

Village

Well, would Nero bring anything new to the table that Dante didn't?

He has a gun/sword/engine where he could have specific types of ex moves on his stuff

he has a demonic arm that could gram shit from long range, he has vergils sword, and he has has a stand

so actually a lot of new shit

JayEH

He could be a grappler

QcaKxiy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom