• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Tier

If I were to cut this down in half to a pair every other month, then it'd be...

MARVEL
  • Star-Lord**
  • Ms. Marvel**
  • Loki**
  • Wolverine
  • Deadpool
  • Doctor Doom*
CAPCOM
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Wesker
  • Vergil
  • Akuma
  • Asura**
  • Lady**
* = This is assuming that Capcom sealed the deal for this character before Marvel doubled down on the F4 ban. In this scenario, replace the character with Daredevil
** = This is assuming that this character doesn't get in Season 1.
Yeah, every other month seems more reasonable. My list would be similar with Lady swapped out for Ammy. Despite Lady's relative popularity, I just don't see them prioritizing the character, I'd be pleasantly surprised if she eventually gets in though. Most likely they'd probably bring Trish back.

mas8705

Catching up on the thread, I'm shocked that I forgot about Loki as a possible playable character. Part of me feels as though that should he be in, he will probably would be at later time. Probably would have been a hell of an additional for the initial roster, and I wouldn't be shocked at all if he just so happens to be one of the six DLCs as apart of the deluxe edition.

I think if the communication from Capcom was there, the backlash wouldn't be as strong. Granted, the graphics are still...what they are, and the roster is still ass. Despite that, I feel if anyone from Capcom maintained any form of communication close to what Seth did for MVC3, things might not be as bad. These instances of announcing something, then going silent, then popping up to show something, and going silent again are rather odd for a game that's out in a few months.

Seth was demoing characters like a few days after their trailer was released, if not the following day. We've had nothing like that.

This kind of goes without saying. Had the communication been stronger and more straight forward than it has been, most of us probably would have been like, "Well that sucks that the X-men got cut, but at least the other characters are looking good." instead of "You only wanted them because of how they functioned in the game! You wouldn't have remembered them otherwise!" (massive paraphrasing here, but you get the idea).

The marketing behind a product fails if people are more worried that the product is coming so soon rather than chomping at the bit to buy it. I don't think it's farfetched that more people would buy DBFZ in its current state than MVCI in its current state, today.

Part of me wonders how this will translate to this weekend. With the "Tournament" for DBFZ this weekend (and how it already reached its max limit in terms of entries), how this will turn out as compared to whatever MvC:I might have (if there will even be the same kind of showcase). Definitely will be fun to watch since you could say that EVO will give us a more definitive answer than E3 in terms of feedback from the FGC.

『Inaba Resident』;243309282 said:
"f(x)-men"

hqdefault.jpg

I wonder if we could get dual reveals from D23 and Evo, sort of like how it happened with PSX and then Capcom Cup

Maybe a story trailer at D23 and then a message that says "Watch Street Fighter V Finals on ESPN2 for more" where they show off the gameplay trailer.

Something like that.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
We still saw her in game, the same day. Point is she has been revealed, so at most I was expecting to see her in game which is new but not really.

Yeah, we got three pictures of her in the battle so I don't deny that but I'm just saying that she's not playable in E3 Demo or people would have made the video of her from those demo stations.You said that Gamora is in E3 build (I presume you meant E3 Demo Build so she's not in the demo at all at the moment )

Lulubop

I know that, I'm just saying all I'd expect from d23 would be her shown playable which is new but not really. Mostly piggyback off of what Ryce thought in his post for awhile back.

Jawmuncher

With Strider potentially playing a decent part in the game. Would not surprise me he has a level in this.
Kazakh would be a good interesting level.

Neoxon

Yeah, every other month seems more reasonable. My list would be similar with Lady swapped out for Ammy. Despite Lady's relative popularity, I just don't see them prioritizing the character, I'd be pleasantly surprised if she eventually gets in though. Most likely they'd probably bring Trish back.
I mean, the door for Lady is wide open now that Dante's Kalina Ann moves were axed.

JeTmAn81

Why can't you control which way you dash during the Time Surge? This bugs me.

Edit: just found a couple things I didn't know.

1. Holding the tag button at round start lets you tag to your other character.

2. Thor's hammer throw can escape the Shame Cube.

SaikyoBro

Looking like nothing at Evo?? Huge bummer if that's true, I wanted to be there for a live reveal :[ gonna be disappointed if all we see is a lame ass Abigail trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom