• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skab

Yup. It's not a negative towards DBZF at all. There's just not a ton of characters and stuff to try out. Looking forward to some more mechanics coming that utilizes teams more as well.

Oh I didn't take it as a negative towards other games, just a positive towards Marvel. That you kept coming back is a good sign.

Overall impressions still about the same as they were after E3?

Dahbomb

Yet people act like it's some giant important marvel staple. That's the kind of shit that drives me crazy.

Like, you guys really don't think people wont find new tech and movement options?
Plink dashing wasn't in Marvel 2 but wave dashing was and air dashes in general were pretty fast and non restrictive.

It doesn't matter what the technique is, people want precise and fast movement.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Just want to remind everyone on the schedule of MVCI panel.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite
Universes merge in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, as the collaborative team from Marvel and Capcom discuss the immersive cinematic story featured in the upcoming game. Learn how both sides joined forces to bring the story to life, with iconic heroes from Marvel and Capcom teaming up to battle against a sinister new supervillain who threatens to destroy their newly formed world.
Friday July 21, 2017 11:15am – 12:30pm
Room 6BCF

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Plink dashing wasn't in Marvel 2 but wave dashing was and air dashes in general were pretty fast and non restrictive.

It doesn't matter what the technique is, people want precise and fast movement.

Yeah this is the point I'm trying to make overall. Movement right now is one key area I'm disappointed with. But, I want to make clear I know it's not set in stone shit is found out things evolve.

Most exciting part of this game will be how neutral and movement evolve, now question is if another movement option is found on the ground like it was in Marvel 3 will Capcom patch it out or will they let it rock if they find it ups the high level of play in tournaments. Also, I hope core mechanics offer enough fuel for creativity to run wild. ❤️

If the game is indeed godlike it will be up to us as the players to show it off. Because right now Capcom's PR is just fucking horrid they've done more to hurt this game than anyone else yet they'll never admit to any wrong doing.

Yup. It's not a negative towards DBZF at all. There's just not a ton of characters and stuff to try out. Looking forward to some more mechanics coming that utilizes teams more as well.

Sorry to bring up DBZF in a Marvel thread guys.

I personally think people are so taken aback by how DBZF looks they are not critically assessing that the combo & tag system needs a lot of work because it seems very basic. Would love to hear your thoughts on that in a video because I think many people know the negative reaction to even saying that would be a blow up. Which is a valid thing to point out so ArcSys can keep adding layers and not mistake the hype for everyone thinking the game is gods gift to earth, thus stop paying attention to core gameplay engine.

Ryce

Just want to remind everyone on the schedule of MVCI panel.
It's also possible that we'll hear something at the Marvel Games panel on Thursday.
Look out, True Believer, the superheroes you love-and the supervillains you love to hate-are waging war on your consoles, PCs, and mobile devices! Be there as key members of the Marvel Games team take to the stage to share the latest and greatest with you . . . and open the floor to answer your questions!
Thursday July 20, 2017 1:00pm - 2:00pm

Seyavesh

Yet people act like it's some giant important marvel staple. That's the kind of shit that drives me crazy.

Like, you guys really don't think people wont find new tech and movement options?

honestly i'd be pretty surprised if someone found some kind of new movement option on the ground. the story demo being available and the same makes me feel like someone would've found something by now if that were the case. movement being something that should be basic and easily repeatable with fine control suggests that no basic movement option with the same simple technicality and speed is easily done. mind you that the weird air plinkdashing was found day 0 with flight and it still feels weird and stiff rather than smoothly happening on every press b/c of how long you have to wait between each press.

movement is the most important thing so theoretically it's the first thing everyone who's planning to be competitive explored when touching the demo- i know it's the first thing i tried out.

Without a doubt the majority of people who've played the game seem to be negative about the clunky or flat out slow dashes, but I do remember either RayRay or the select pros who got backroom hands-on time at E3 saying it's still possible to wavedash and stuff but the timing etc. works differently but you can still do it and move just as fast as Marvel 3.

I can see it being a huge turn off, but this happens every go around. People think it's irredeemably slow until weeks two-to-four when people crack the code when they've had training mode time and the game ends up being fast and free enough. Same thing happened with MvC3, even with more opportunities to get hands on.

This is why I take a lot of pre-release impressions with a grain of salt. It's hard to have the foresight without training mode, and even though Combo's been pretty on the money thus far about the Marvel nuttiness still being there, and I've no doubt there's a lot that's rigid when it comes to the stuff Seyavesh and others have picked up, there's not much explaining or in-depth demoing going on (the best we've had is the maybe 15-20 mins we got on the Capcom-Unity stream at E3) and many of what we consider to be fundamental techniques only emerge after people get to picking at the sandbox.

yeah i'd definitely say to leave it up to getting impressions firsthand of the game b/c i don't think the showroom floor experience really gives enough of real display of what the game is, even at a basic level. it's why i'm waiting to see how i really feel once i get my hands on the full game and start playing other people who are competitive rather than mostly folks who have touched the game maybe 1-10 times since that showroom floor feeling of just beatin' up on folks is quite powerful for the fun factor.

anyways re: wavedashing, it's not like you can't wavedash- you can still totally crouch cancel and dash again, it's just there's that small window of pre-acceleration that makes wavedashing really still alongside the lack of ability to do basic 1v1 marvel 3 footsies shit that's fun like forward/back dash canceling into each other (seriously this is such a huge thing for me) naturally and smoothly so you could dance around their optimal ranges rather than having to dash, pause, crouch then pause and dash again.

In the CEO build, super flash eats inputs (like SF4). Tuboware was fishing for Gimlets against me like mad and his success rate was super low. Plus, meter is not easy to get in this game at all, so he had nothing left for mixups, safe tags, or tag counters.

If your strategy is to randomly do beam supers hoping you'll catch me tagging out, well, that means you aren't playing very well, and if you are catching me, I'm not playing very well either.

the tag flash still had the buffer thing like marvel 3 style where you could input it during the cinematic so depending on the super you could blast the shit out of people tryin to do projectile+tag. a lot of folks were doing SJ reality stone+tag (including myself) and my ultimate solution was to just beam super them and tag into a shitty combo since the tagged out char would just drop into the beam and the tagging in char would get punished.

imo it's less that randomly doing beam supers is a strong strategy and more that the meter/scaling balance means that just throwing it out in the same way that you'd be doing like mags/dante THC in 3 is super effective and only having to blow 1 bar/saving up bar for it is really good given how many options you can kinda 'remove' from the table by having it on deck

edit:
oh, other detail i noticed but tagged out chars don't have any additional damage done to them. there's no unscaling or damage bonus to them like in marvel 2/3 so doing birthday combos/birthdaying to kill is harder to some degree. it seems like they just took the same damage regardless. getting birthdays with mashed out lights never seemed to result in a large amount of damage vs. just blasting them with super into raw launch but idk- that's one of those optimization deals

edit 2:
also there were like seriously 6 different fucking x/zero players who all knew the same combos that looked super real- the x one i'd understand given the demo but the zero one they did was like, using his new moves to extend combos and whatnot. i wonder if it's just basic enough to spread around quickly but man it was really weird just seeing that pair and not knowing whether the guy playing would suddenly bust out real shit. the combo was something like magic series-> wallbounce air ice rush move-> st.HP launch magic series-> cornered DP->buster-> launch magic series->rekkoha

the projectile durability is kinda interesting and something that i'm looking to explore. iron man unibeam was beating like every single projectile while i never really got ultron's to clash. the assist beam/drone beam was eating projectiles as well but i can't exactly tell what system the game is using.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Seyavesh, you can plink pretty damn fast in air. With Thor & Cap Marvel I can crack out.

If you want to test this in demo plink Heavy Punch into a Macro of HP+LP as fast as you can as long as your inputs are clean you'll notice how fast it is compared to say normal way to cancelling into the plink dash.

Doing it the normal way something felt off but abusing the macro shit seemed to tighten up.

anyways re: wavedashing, it's not like you can't wavedash- you can still totally crouch cancel and dash again, it's just there's that small window of pre-acceleration that makes wavedashing really still alongside the lack of ability to do basic 1v1 marvel 3 footsies shit that's fun like forward/back dash canceling into each other (seriously this is such a huge thing for me) naturally and smoothly so you could dance around their optimal ranges rather than having to dash, pause, crouch then pause and dash again.

Yeah they did this on purpose it seems. Very annoying to deal with. When you compare it to say Marvel 3 or Marvel 2 ground wave dash they feel way better still because of no annoying pre-acceleration.

Seyavesh

Seyavesh, you can plink pretty damn fast in air. With Thor & Cap Marvel I can crack out.

If you want to test this in demo plink Heavy Punch into a Macro of HP+LP as fast as you can as long as your inputs are clean you'll notice how fast it is compared to say normal way to cancelling into the plink dash.

Doing it the normal way something felt off but abusing the macro shit seemed to tighten up.

blugh, i hate macros though. i play default type b in 3 and just manually plink for that stuff. not even sure how i'd put it on the layout b/c stone and switch are directly next to hp/hk and putting them further away would feel real awkward given how often you're hitting them

GeoNeo

I disagree.
blugh, i hate macros though. i play default type b in 3 and just manually plink for that stuff. not even sure how i'd put it on the layout b/c stone and switch are directly next to hp/hk and putting them further away would feel real awkward given how often you're hitting them

Yeah just wanted to give you heads up.

I though I think If we can get your timing down better with the HP into HP+LP plink normally they would act as fast just got to grind it out. You must be fast and accurate though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
During D23 they put it with the Free to Play games, so, probably not.
When/where?

During the showcase it was lumped in with LMSH2 as well as the mobile games (pretty much everything that wasn't one of the three showcase games), and all the games are playable in the same area at the D23 games area.

JAXXX

Capcom at San Diego Comic-Con 2017
f468f46468d7bef08a876c2b1ed679d5.jpg

Heads up, San Diego: we're bringing a full suite of Capcom activities and goods to SDCC 2017!

Starting on Preview Night, July 19th, and going all the way through Sunday, July 23rd, we'll be at San Diego Comic-Con 2017, showing off a number of upcoming titles alongside several games that celebrate 30 years of Street Fighter. We'll also be selling brand new merch at the Capcom Store and hosting many exclusive panels. We're even bringing members of the development teams from Japan for some signing sessions (free posters will be provided while supplies last)! Here's the full scoop:

Playable games:

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
Street Fighter V
Street Fighter (various old-school Street Fighter games running on actual arcade units!)

Panels:

Thursday July 20, 1:00-2:00pm Room 6BCF – Marvel Games
Look out, True Believer, the superheroes you love and the supervillains you love to hate are waging war on your consoles, PCs, and mobile devices! Be there as key members of the Marvel Games team take to the stage to share the latest and greatest with you . . . and open the floor to answer your questions!

Friday July 21, 11:15am-12:30pm Room 6BCF – Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
Universes merge in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, as the collaborative team from Marvel and Capcom discuss the immersive cinematic story featured in the upcoming game. Learn how both sides joined forces to bring the story to life, with iconic heroes from Marvel and Capcom teaming up to battle against a sinister new supervillain who threatens to destroy their newly formed world.

Friday July 21, 12:45-1:45pm Room 6BCF – Street Fighter 30th Anniversary
Shoryuken! Celebrate 30 years of Street Fighter by taking a look at the past, present, and future of Capcom's beloved fighting game series. Hear behind-the-scenes stories from key team members and expect some fun and games—and maybe even a surprise visit from executive producer Yoshinori Ono, too!

Friday July 21, 7:00-8:00pm Room 25ABC – Resident Evil: Vendetta
The Resident Evil franchise returns with the action-packed third installment in the state-of-the-art CG animated series, Resident Evil: Vendetta. Featuring a never-before-seen, behind-the-scenes look at the highly anticipated movie, fans will be treated to insider information from iconic Japanese filmmaker Takashi Shimizu (The Grudge), director Takanori Tsujimoto, and the cast. In addition, fans of the Resident Evil video game will get a chance to hear about the history of one of the bestselling video game franchises of all time from Capcom's Hiroyuki Kobayashi, who has produced several of the series' most popular games.

Saturday July 22, 2:00-3:00pm Room 25ABC – World of Capcom
Moderator Tim Turi hosts a panel filled with Capcom team members to present the company's latest and greatest video games. Capcom has been creating popular games for over three decades, and this panel is the place for fans of all ages to check out the new games they can look forward to. Be sure to pay close attention to every exciting detail – the panel concludes with a fun trivia quiz for an array of awesome Capcom prizes.

Saturday July 22, 3:00-4:00pm Room 25ABC – Monster Hunter
Get a behind-the-scenes look at Capcom's newest action RPG game, Monster Hunter: World! Fresh off the announcement at E3 2017, this panel features the latest and greatest directly from the Capcom staff and development team members. This new entry in the popular Monster Hunter series is coming globally to PS4 and Xbox One in early 2018 with a PC release to follow.

Signing Sessions:

THURSDAY, July 20

1:00-2:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Monster Hunter: World
Ryozo Tsujimoto, Producer
Kaname Fujioka, Executive & Art Director
3:00-4:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Resident Evil: Vendetta
Hiroyuki Kobayashi, Producer
Sony Pictures Entertainment
3:00-4:00pm The Loyal Subjects booth #4951 – Street Fighter
Yoshinori Ono, Executive Producer
5:00-6:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Street Fighter

FRIDAY, July 21

3:00-4:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Monster Hunter: World
3:00-4:00pm Cryptozoic booth #115 – Street Fighter
5:00-6:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Street Fighter

SATURDAY, July 22

11:00am-12:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Monster Hunter: World
11:00am-12:00pm NSURGO booth #4529 – Street Fighter
1:00-2:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Jeffrey ”Chamba" Cruz, Artist, UDON Entertainment
2:00-3:00pm UDON booth #4529 – Street Fighter
4:00-5:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Street Fighter
5:30-6:30pm Capcom booth #215 – Monster Hunter: World

SUNDAY, July 23

11:00am-12:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Street Fighter 30th Anniversary
Long Vo, Artist, UDON Entertainment
1:00-2:00pm Capcom booth #215 – Mega Man Legacy Collection 2
Jeffrey ”Chamba" Cruz, Artist, UDON Entertainment

With this many Capcom activities going on, it'll be hard to leave the Capcom booth! And for the folks at home, follow us on Twitter and Instagram to keep up with the inevitably awesome selection of Capcom cosplayers we'll find as well as other goings on from the show floor.
SOURCE-
http://www.capcom-unity.com/dubindoh...comic-con-2017

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Panels:

Thursday July 20, 1:00-2:00pm Room 6BCF – Marvel Games
Look out, True Believer, the superheroes you love and the supervillains you love to hate are waging war on your consoles, PCs, and mobile devices! Be there as key members of the Marvel Games team take to the stage to share the latest and greatest with you . . . and open the floor to answer your questions!

Friday July 21, 11:15am-12:30pm Room 6BCF – Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite

Look like Ryce might be right that we could get the news from Thursday Panel. I'm fine with getting small news from Thursday Panel, then a huge info dump on Friday.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sounds like another old build at the show floor, though. Unless demo stations only open after the Friday panel.

EVO/D23/SDCC ending up having relatively similar builds to E3 is suuuuuuper shitty if that's how it's going to shake out.

Ryce

Look like Ryce might be right that we could get the news from Thursday Panel. I'm fine with getting small news from Thursday Panel, then a huge info dump on Friday.
Yeah, Capcom wouldn't advertise the Marvel Games panel if they didn't have something to show for MvCI.

Coda

Yeah, Capcom wouldn't advertise the Marvel Games panel if they didn't have something to show for MvCI.

Nice, will be nice to see more. Hopefully some more in depth stuff about the modes, the 2 last stones, or more character reveals?

Sounds like another old build at the show floor, though. Unless demo stations only open after the Friday panel.

EVO/D23/SDCC ending up having relatively similar builds to E3 is suuuuuuper shitty if that's how it's going to shake out.
Probably will have Gamora and Jedah.. Hopefully...

I'd hope we get a full dump of info at SDCC giving us the rest of the characters, stones, and some of the game modes. At 2 months out from release they should be down to the fine tuning phase where they'd benefit from having that info public and have early versions of the game in major FGC players hands to put it through its paces. If they're still being coy about this stuff... well, idk... it feels more and more apparent that this game is coming in hot.

JazzmanZ

I'd hope we get a full dump of info at SDCC giving us the rest of the characters, stones, and some of the game modes. At 2 months out from release they should be down to the fine tuning phase where they'd benefit from having that info public and have early versions of the game in major FGC players hands to put it through its paces. If they're still being coy about this stuff... well, idk... it feels more and more apparent that this game is coming in hot.
We've had reveals for marvel vs Capcom 3 even at release day, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary

Jawmuncher

We've had reveals for marvel vs Capcom 3 even at release day, it wouldn't be out of the ordinary

I'd say at most there needs to be a middle ground.
3rd DLC character and a few more characters at least, even if not all.

Maybe. I honestly don't remember MvC3's prelaunch very well but I feel like Infinite's got such bad word of mouth they really need to take a different approach and really put it in people's hands if they're confident it's a strong product. Just IMO

JAXXX

Do you think Capcom is trying to have Iron's face resemble Robert downey jr specifically or just the generic tony starks look from the comics...

DEvg0utXsAEZiGM.jpg

iron-man-robert-downey-jr-sexy-tony-stark-Favim.com-2667992.jpg

latest

Anth0ny

We need Spidey and the rest of the stones. At LEAST.

pls.

Do you think Capcom is trying to have Iron's face resemble Robert downey jr specifically or just the generic tony starks look from the comics...

Marvel's unified a lot of their character designs so that they bear a lot of resemblance to the movies so that's pretty much just Tony Stark's look, though with big weird anime eyes.

Which is also why I think I'm seeing lots of complaints about the game looking like conquest of champions... I think Marvel is supervising their own designs super closely so they match the source material in a way that both A.) keeps characters looking consistent throughout each game and B.) sorta kills any artistic differentiation between them.

JAXXX

Marvel's unified a lot of their character designs so that they bear a lot of resemblance to the movies so that's pretty much just Tony Stark's look, though with big weird anime eyes.

Which is also why I think I'm seeing lots of complaints about the game looking like conquest of champions... I think Marvel is supervising their own designs super closely so they match the source material in a way that both A.) keeps characters looking consistent throughout each game and B.) sorta kills any artistic differentiation between them.

So is the Marvel 616 Nick Fury the Samuel L Jackson version?

Ryce

That's definitely just comics Stark. RDJ's mustache is separated from his goatee, which is much wider at the bottom.

JAXXX

so when or if the x-men come back, Wolverine will be the Huge , giant, steroid Hugh Jackson version....EWWWW - No THANK YOU!!!!!

PSqueak

Banned
so when or if the x-men come back, Wolverine will be the Huge , giant, steroid Hugh Jackson version....EWWWW - No THANK YOU!!!!!

Classic 90's jim lee wolverine has more brand power in the context of MVC than movie wolverine.

There is no way hes not gonna be rocking the yellow spandex when he comes back.

Neoxon

Marvel rarely references the Fox movies these days (Negasonic Teenage Warhead's changes aside), so I wouldn't worry.

Classic 90's jim lee wolverine has more brand power in the context of MVC than movie wolverine.

There is no way hes not gonna be rocking the yellow spandex when he comes back.
They'd more likely use either Wolverine's Astonishing X-Men design or his Marvel NOW design.

mas8705

Part of me feels as though that if the only thing we got was a Gamora demo and the "Official Reveal" of Jedah, chances are that they are holding onto the rest of the juicy details we want to see for SDCC. Looking at it now, it does make just a tad bit of sense that they did their reveal in this fashion so that this weekend, they will probably drop the next trailer that will showcase the two characters, hopefully a few more on top of it alongside with the next DLC character, and hopefully we will see the last two stones come into play.

At this point, Capcom needs to start surprising people with the gameplay. The Jedah reveal did do a good job in at least showing people how he can be used, but we are going to need alot more before the game comes out.

Since we know Finale Rosso is going to be another Lvl1 for Jedah, Provia Di Servo will most likely be his Lvl3.

I really can't wait to see how it'll look. Hope it still looks as cool as it did back then.

MvC doesn't care how characters have evolved over time. Magneto hasn't been a bad guy since at least the early naughties, yet he was still portrayed as such in MvC3.

Quesa

MvC doesn't care how characters have evolved over time. Magneto hasn't been a bad guy since at least the early naughties, yet he was still portrayed as such in MvC3.

In the past maybe, but I don't think that's the case this time around. Iron Man has a definite RDJ look to him, Cap is looking a lot like MCU, and Captain Marvel is a Carol Danvers, the most recent incarnation of the character.

It's actually pretty odd. All villain specific quotes were directed towards Mags, but his own quotes and ending were the opposite of a villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom