• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dino Crisis getting the shaft despite being a platinum selling series. Sometimes I wonder if it really even sold that much since no one seems to remember it.
Maybe it's like how in the 90s when the music industry used to bundle promotional items with CDs and count them as additional units to fudge record sales numbers to be multiple times what they actually were.

Dr. Buni

No Amaterasu or Jill (the actual Jill, not the abomination we got in MvC3) makes me sad.

:T

Pretty cool to have Sigma in the game, though... As a paid DLC... before the game even launches...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rewatched Guardians today and those dual gun moves that Gamora has in the game really look like what I imagined Starlord would have. Bit that she doesnt use guns in the comics but specifically the way she animates just looks like what I pictured Starlord elemental gun play would be like.

Neoxon

Rewatched Guardians today and those dual gun moves that Gamora has in the game really look like what I imagined Starlord would have. Bit that she doesnt use guns in the comics but specifically the way she animates just looks like what I pictured Starlord elemental gun play would be like.
There's still room for Star-Lord to be unique, especially with the fact that he has element guns in the comics.

Ryce

In retrospect, Gamora is probably the better choice for the base roster since she's a woman (which the game is sorely lacking) and has really close ties with Thanos, a major player in the story.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm going to make a prediction (and somewhat wish list) roster, and I'm going to take Marvel's words too literally.

These days, much as the new game's name implies, the possibilities for expansion of the roster, for fans to keep playing, and for both the developer and licensor to benefit, are Infinite.

I already made 84 characters roster just for fun but Marvel side is pretty tough since they have way many potential characters and I had hard time to decide which characters should get in. However, I would love to throw few more characters in like Blue Marvel but I don't know if they would consider him for playable character. For Capcom, I'm not sure what other character should have their spots in the game since I'm running out of idea at almost end of the numbers.

MNJ1sYi.jpg

Quick Stats:

• 42 out of 50 UMVC3 characters came back. (Felicia, X23, Phoenix, Sentinel, Shuma-Gorath, C. Viper, Trish and Taskmaster didn't came back)
  • Only 6 returning characters came back from MVC2, which are Thanos, Cyclops, Venom, Captain Commender, M. Bison, and Jin
  • 36 Newcomers
  • 11 Marvel Female, 12 Capcom Female

JAXXX

I just remembered that rumor of a GIANT charater in MVCI
How far off size wise,would Abigail be to a Giant character???
DFDUzMJXcAEruKP.jpg

seeing him, shows that they could work in MVCI, right????

I just remembered that rumor of a GIANT charater in MVCI
How far off size wise,would Abigail be to a Giant character???
DFDUzMJXcAEruKP.jpg

seeing him, shows that they could work in MVCI, right????

Giants were a mistake in TvC.

In retrospect, Gamora is probably the better choice for the base roster since she's a woman (which the game is sorely lacking) and has really close ties with Thanos, a major player in the story.

Yeah, I think it was a good decision to include her over Starlord. Hopefully at least 3 of the DLC characters a women, but I doubt it. Cacpcom really fucked up in this regard.

EDIT: Oh shit, I misspelled "Capcom". That's ok though. I'm sure that's what they would want.

Ryce

Abigail's just a really tall standard character, like Sentinel or Juggernaut. The TvC giants are at least twice his height.

JAXXX

i didnt know that giants were already used in a capcom game, so i looked up the TvC giants. OMG they were HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neonep

Wondering if I should pre-order the deluxe version. I have GCU and a $10 gift certificate at Bestbuy that expires next month. Decisions, decisions.

tribal24

Banned
I'm going to make a prediction (and somewhat wish list) roster, and I'm going to take Marvel's words too literally.

I already made 84 characters roster just for fun but Marvel side is pretty tough since they have way many potential characters and I had hard time to decide which characters should get in. However, I would love to throw few more characters in like Blue Marvel but I don't know if they would consider him for playable character. For Capcom, I'm not sure what other character should have their spots in the game since I'm running out of idea at almost end of the numbers.

Quick Stats:

• 42 out of 50 UMVC3 characters came back. (Felicia, X23, Phoenix, Sentinel, Shuma-Gorath, C. Viper, Trish and Taskmaster didn't came back)
  • Only 6 returning characters came back from MVC2, which are Thanos, Cyclops, Venom, Captain Commender, M. Bison, and Jin
  • 36 Newcomers
  • 11 Marvel Female, 12 Capcom Female

i would play that game! thats a almost perfect roster

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
34 base roster + the 6 we already know are coming this year makes 40. If they are aggresive with DLC and season 2 comes out in the first half of the year, we could be looking at 42-46 for Evo, which is actually pretty decent.

#literalsilverliningdontjudgeme

Seyavesh

one thing that really bothered me about demo that idk if it's been answered yet if that's a thing:
only player 1 can choose rematch or main screen right now

JayEH

one thing that really bothered me about demo that idk if it's been answered yet if that's a thing:
only player 1 can choose rematch or main screen right now

I'm starting to wonder if this is an UE4 problem because only the loser can choose in T7. Would be disappointing if they can't fix this here or in SFV.

Skab

34 base roster + the 6 we already know are coming this year makes 40. If they are aggresive with DLC and season 2 comes out in the first half of the year, we could be looking at 42-46 for Evo, which is actually pretty decent.

where are people getting 34 base from?

Ryce

where are people getting 34 base from?
It's just speculation. The .zip leak has 34 viable fighters outside of Sigma and Black Panther, and the select screen is perfectly shaped to hold 36 boxes (which would include random character and random team).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
i would play that game! thats a almost perfect roster

What did I missed that didn't make the roster perfect for you? :p

BOO THIS MAN! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sorry! I just based it on what if Marvel want their product to be aired on the television so Felicia probably have to go since you know how her design is like. I meant they actually asked a player to change a costume for Mika last year, and Cammy this year.

X23 was one of Niitsuma's favorite so she got in because of him. Now we don't have Niitsuma as a director or producer so I fear for her chance at the moment.

Skab

It's just speculation. The .zip leak has 34 viable fighters outside of Sigma and Black Panther, and the select screen is perfectly shaped to hold 36 boxes (which would include random character and random team).

wouldnt that be 34 WITH the dlc then?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I really hope that we would see 44-48 characters by EVO 2018 but I'm not sure how they would work it out so I need more details on their plans. I hope that they would review their plans with the audience at the San Diego Comic Con

Ryce

No, Sigma and Black Panther make 36. It's very unlikely that all 6 of the 2017 DLC characters are on the disc because the .zip leak doesn't contain enough newcomers (and I doubt Monster Hunter will be DLC).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Nope, there are 36 characters including Meio. We are still unsure what's going on with Meio since some people think he's playable character, and some people doesn't think he's playable character.

I don't because they would make a deal about him being a playable character, unless they decided to hold him back for a DLC.

Skab

No, Sigma and Black Panther make 36.

But theyre listed in the .zip leak? Not to mention the remaining amount of newcomers fits the amount of DLC we still need to see.

Wait, hang on. That still wouldn't be right. If we combine the your original list, ant man included, and add the .zip leak additions we get

Code:
	 Confirmed

Marvel			Capcom

Rocket			Strider
Dr Strange		Arthur
Hawkeye			Spencer
Gamora			Zero
Ultron			X
Cap America		Jedah	
Iron Man		Chris
Thanos			Dante
Nova			Ryu
Hulk			Chun
Cap Marvel		Morrigan
Thor			?

Dlc

Black Panther		Sigma
?			?
?			?

Rumor/Leak

Dorm			Frank
Ghost Rider		Haggar
Spider-Man		Nemesis
Venom			Firebrand
Winter Solider		Monster Hunter
Ant Man			Grand Master

That's 38 characters total after the 6 DLC, including one currently unknown mystery Capcom character.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we have 4 newcomers left in the leaks, and 4 remaining newcomer dlc.

Ryce

But theyre listed in the .zip leak?
Sigma and Black Panther are in the .zip leak because they show up in story mode. I personally don't think that all 6 DLC characters will appear in the story mode.

Wait, hang on. That still wouldn't be right. If we combine the your original list, ant man included, and add the .zip leak additions we get
My source isn't sure if Ant-Man is a base character or DLC.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
My source isn't sure if Ant-Man is a base character or DLC.

Do you know what is a bizarre thing about Ant-MAn? He was one of first few marvel characters getting leaked so I presume that he probably got shelved. They probably had to put him on hold since they bumped into technical issues so they don't have enough time to resolve it for base roster.

JazzmanZ

Do you know what is a bizarre thing about Ant-MAn? He was one of first few marvel characters getting leaked so I presume that he probably got shelved. They probably had to put him on hold since they bumped into technical issues so they don't have enough time to resolve it for base roster.

Ant Man, the Frank West of Marvel Infinity

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ant Man, the Frank West of Marvel Infinity

That's a good example. I'm afraid so. I meant I'm intrigued to see how they would pull it off with his moveset so I guess we have to wait little longer. But there is a chance that he would get cut out completely which I hope that it wouldn't be in case.

Neonep

I wouldn't be surprised, they probably ran into a ton of issues during development overall.

X23 was one of Niitsuma's favorite so she got in because of him. Now we don't have Niitsuma as a director or producer so I fear for her chance at the moment.
You're insane if you think she's missing this game with all the weight Marvel has in their roster. She's the fucking Wolverine. She and baby Jean are the current faces of the X-Men with the way Marvel's pushing them, they're absolutely getting in.

I'd like to see how a pre-Phoenix Jean would play. She's an interesting character, but I was completely turned off by MvC3's Phoenix.

We should be due a second Capcom DLC character this week if the "pattern" holds (Sigma in trailer 2, Black Panther in trailer 3). Since its SDCC there's a chance they might reveal the second Marvel side DLC instead.

We'll probably get a Gameplay trailer Thursday and a story trailer at the Friday panel (that description screams show a story trailer and talk about it)

mas8705

Code:
	 Confirmed

Marvel			Capcom

Rocket			Strider
Dr Strange		Arthur
Hawkeye			Spencer
Gamora			Zero
Ultron			X
Cap America		Jedah	
Iron Man		Chris
Thanos			Dante
Nova			Ryu
Hulk			Chun
Cap Marvel		Morrigan
Thor			?

Dlc

Black Panther		Sigma
?			?
?			?

Rumor/Leak

Dorm			Frank
Ghost Rider		Haggar
Spider-Man		Nemesis
Venom			Firebrand
Winter Solider		Monster Hunter
Ant Man			Grand Master

I think it is fair to say that Spider-Man will be in the roster and he will likely get announced in a few days. From there though, I have a higher question of who makes the intial roster and who becomes DLC.

If anything else, if we were forced to play with what we got, I would say that Winter Soldier & Venom probably will be our DLC characters on Marvel's side (with Venom getting a brand new move list, much like how Thanos is completely different from his 2D persona). Not sure how much Venom would change though since if we were going off that same "leaked list" we are also going to see "Symbiote" enemies in the story mode too, so I'm pretty sure that throws "Agent Venom" out the window.

Meanwhile, I can't say who would be the DLC for Capcom's side (and to hell with the idea that "Monster Hunter" would be one of them. I love the series and even I would question that one) but hopefully we will see something worth while.

Jawmuncher

I really hope the rest of the DLC we're waiting on isn't from the zip leak or things are gonna be pretty sad

Gran Master Meio & Hunter along with Ant-man &a Winter Solder (or venom if feasible) would be the ultimate "why aren't they just in the base roster?

Since the lack of newcomers especially on the capcom side is what's hurting things most in my eyes

Skab

Here's a fun random thought.

The character "Death" is also listed in the .zip leak. We all just assumed, because of Thanos, that it was Death from Marvel.

But what if it's actually Death, aka Avel, from Capcom Fighting All-Stars

and that's our mystery Capcom character?

The character "Death" is also listed in the .zip leak. We all just assumed, because of Thanos, that it was Death from Marvel.

That would explain the Capcom side being a character shor-...

Holy shit.

I'm thinking either Wesker, Akuma
if its hidden and its MVC, its Akuma
, or Lady (Removing Kalina Ann from Dante seems like nearly a dead giveaway for her, could be wrong though) will be the final slot. Could be Meio and Lady would be the second DLC.

There's always the chance that the last 4 DLC characters weren't in the .zip leak because they weren't that far along in March.

EDIT: I've been saying that DEATH is DEATH from CFAS for a while now, I don't know if its possible Capcom would be that crazy though

tribal24

Banned

damn that would be crazy

Jawmuncher

Talk about an obscure pick I had to look him up and I usually know the more obscure characters in the thread for the capcom side. Would be interesting nonetheless though if anything very Surprising to pick him over say Ingrid.

kirblar

The roster's too large at that point if it's CFAS Death. It's gonna be the MCU version. (edit: Alternatively, Meio is a boss and Death is a character.)

If it is a base of 34, then we take Ant-Man off the list and two of the remaining unannounced newbies are DLC, while we have two unknown newbies who don't show up in Story Mode and won't be announced prior to the game coming out.

This would mean that DLC characters 3&4 are Monster Hunter and Winter Soldier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom