• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw I'm watching the WSO Abigail stream rn.

Jedah will not be in the London build of MvCI. Not sure if Gamora will be in or if the same old build will be at SDCC.

Edit: It's definitely the E3/CEO/EVO build. Still don't know about SDCC.

Looks like MvCI will be the new SFV, where every single fighter that exists will be the "MvC killer" until people stop playing it a week after launch.

While I find SF5 boring to watch and certainly wouldn't invest much time into playing it, all the people saying that the other games are better while also not even playing them gets annoying. While it's true that the competition is better in a lot of ways, what good is it if people don't support those communities? The netplay population and prize pots won't grow if people don't stop complaining on social media and actually play these superior games. People were praising KOF14 and Revelator 2 for offering a lot of content and a fair upgrade path for the first time in ArcSys history, but all that praise hasn't turned into a healthy online community. While it's true that fighting games don't need thousands of people playing to still have a decent amount of potential matches, the non-Capcom games would be in much better shape if people actually played what they recommended to others tired of SF5.

Coda

Watching these vids makes me want to play so bad. Definitely not touching that demo again, though.

They clearly made the demo un-fun so you wouldn't keep going back to it and never actually buy the full game. Makes sense from one standpoint and completely bonkers from the other standpoint.

They clearly made the demo un-fun so you wouldn't keep going back to it and never actually buy the full game. Makes sense from one standpoint and completely bonkers from the other standpoint.

The Rev 2 preorder demo would have been better overall. A couple characters to play and versus mode, but none of the single player content. Let the players set up local matches easily, and have a less frustrating time exploring the mechanics so people can see what the game has to offer. I admire the patience of everyone who can reset that demo hundreds of times to try doing anything cool on those drones that drop in 20 seconds.

giphy.gif

Morrigan isn't looking bad.

Where are the bats?

Edited: added the GIF for Comparison

tumblr_liyboi5vzC1qbtlqs.gif

Honestly, Morrigan looks better in this game than in MvC3. That win pose looks pretty fantastic. Her face in MvC3 was uggo. I'm sure they will add the bats later. Her breasts could use some toning - they look a little odd.

giphy.gif

Morrigan isn't looking bad.

If MvCi weren't the current village outcast, people would say she looked great. Now, with every reveal, people are nitpicking things they would have never nitpicked in previous games or other current games.

Never thought I'd see Disney sanctioned jiggle.

Morrigan truly does have magic powers.

sinkfla87

Even humoring Spider-man not being in this lol.

I don't know how anything could be "lol" or off limits about this games roster at this point. I think there's maybe a .5% that he isn't in at launch and that's being generous, but I've learned it's better to prepare for the worst lol. My mind will be fucking blown if he isn't included or was removed at some point.

I guess Capcom only built one demo build, which means we can't see if they made any improvements or use new characters before release, which is disappointing

unless.....maybe Gamescom since most/all of the roster will be known by then?

What video is that Morrigan win pose from? I'd love to see more good Morrigan play, since no one else is interesting right now.

Comic Con floor demo is the same as the Evo/E3 one.
I wouldn't expect any other demos. In fact, my suspicion is that the Evo version was the current one with characters deleted from the select screen.

Jawmuncher

I guess Capcom only built one demo build, which means we can't see if they made any improvements or use new characters before release, which is disappointing

unless.....maybe Gamescom since most/all of the roster will be known by then?

By gamescom they should basically have a near final build at that point if they actually update their machines.

sinkfla87

ComboFiend:"These characters are just ya know, functions really."

Evo...

"Hey everybody check out Jedah! This is a cool reveal because he's a new character to the Vs. series!"

THEN WHY SHOULD THIS HYPE US UP?!

Lol, in all seriousness I'm excited for Jedah and bummed that we aren't getting new footage of him from the SDCC floor this weekend. "Just the tip" to the max. They earned some good will in my eyes with that reveal, they should keep the hype up. Where's our fucking character trailers?

I get the feeling that Jedah and Gamora being revealed at Evo wasn't planned in advance. They just decided to show them early because all the feedback they were getting.

So they either have a bunch of awesome trailers to prepare the hype for the launch
or we"ll get generic reveals with barely any noise

which one will it be?

I get the feeling that Jedah and Gamora being revealed at Evo wasn't planned in advance. They just decided to show them early because all the feedback they were getting.
There is zero chance they had nothing planned for Evo.

So they either have a bunch of awesome trailers to prepare the hype for the launch
or we"ll get generic reveals with barely any noise

which one will it be?

A mix of both.

I don't get everybody saying the EVO exhibition was a last second thing.

Capcom clearly knew what they were doing. Having an exhibition at a fighting game tournament makes sense. But when the exhibition is unscripted and there's no meat beside the fight, it doesn't really turn out to be that hype.

They did the same thing for SFV at CapCup 2014, but the difference there was that not only did they play a trailer before, but the battle was scripted by Combofield and Miguel Rossington to show as much of the (mostly scrapped by now) game as possible in two matches. I remember VesperArcade making like 5 forty-minute videos from just those two matches.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
tumblr_n43ulvQwvi1rskk8io2_500.gif

No new Jedah and Gamora gameplay from the floor. They better show them off themselves then. Also better have a/some kickass trailer(s) and reveal(s)

You're gonna get a trailer with ~6 characters and a stone (or two). The characters will appear in twos in a new stage, they'll have really limited snippets of gameplay for each before moving to the next two and so on until they get to the stone(s) where they'll show the burst and storm. The trailer will end with a character doing their level 3 with the last hit transitioning to the logo. DLC newcomer is revealed, leaving you to ask why they aren't in the base game.

What video is that Morrigan win pose from? I'd love to see more good Morrigan play, since no one else is interesting right now.

I wouldn't expect any other demos. In fact, my suspicion is that the Evo version was the current one with characters deleted from the select screen.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/160254087
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/160263110
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/160287991

Also, if it's the current version, why would you expect that they'd add bats? Game's out in two months, the team that does that type of stuff has long since moved on to DLC costumes and characters.

sinkfla87

What if Spiderman is just an NPC in story mode? How pissed would everyone be? LOL.

I do believe he is in, so many leaks confirming it. I'm pretty sure smooth wants Spiderman in the game as well and it's such an unbelievable (see responses here) exclusion that I don't know why he would post that info unless he's actually been told as such. I'm wondering if Capcom has deliberately been giving mismatched info to people to fuck with leakers.

Jawmuncher

ComboFiend:"These characters are just ya know, functions really."

Evo...

"Hey everybody check out Jedah! This is a cool reveal because he's a new character to the Vs. series!"

THEN WHY SHOULD THIS HYPE US UP?!

Lol, in all seriousness I'm excited for Jedah and bummed that we aren't getting new footage of him from the SDCC floor this weekend. "Just the tip" to the max. They earned some good will in my eyes with that reveal, they should keep the hype up. Where's our fucking character trailers?

They already got memed on for that Xmen comment and then Jedah.

img_2773u2s9l.jpg

Also, if it's the current version, why would you expect that they'd add bats? Game's out in two months, the team that does that type of stuff has long since moved on to DLC costumes and characters.

Thanks.

The bats are a small cosmetic detail. Right now they are probably working 80 hour weeks trying to make the game work consistently and get all the characters modeled. Low res bats that have a few choppy flap frames are an afterthought. I could be wrong, but I'm not worried about it right now.

Jawmuncher

You're gonna get a trailer with ~6 characters and a stone (or two). The characters will appear in twos in a new stage, they'll have really limited snippets of gameplay for each before moving to the next two and so on until they get to the stone(s) where they'll show the burst and storm. The trailer will end with a character doing their level 3 with the last hit transitioning to the logo. DLC newcomer is revealed, leaving you to ask why they aren't in the base game.

I'll take it if the DLC is someone not on the zip file leak

NotEasy

I remember Morrigan looking bad at the reveal, she looks better or I'm getting crazy, hoping for Spider Man and Venom this weekend.

sinkfla87

Watching this new Marvel Assist Me trailer for Marvel Infinite... I was reminded that we won't have the equivalent of this in Marvel Infinite due to them not being in the game lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXQoB_tjfOA&t=5s

When Max makes videos for infinite, he should always have Doom standing outside his house at a window pleading to be let in the whole time in the background lol.

Edit: Oh and another one, have Doom try to sneak in during the video wearing a cardboard cutout "Nova" mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom