• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Alright, here's my revised list:
N0I545A.png

I can hope, no?

I regret nothing!

Watch it be Ketch.
Let it be Jones

lol I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying my view on it. Just reminds me of smash stuff which would follow the same sort of detective skills and then get the rug pulled out from under them.

tribal24

Banned
Man, I would love to see Robbie Reyes in the game but I highly doubt it. I think Ryce might be spot on what he said about Johnny Blaze.

Sorry about flood of GIFs but Robbie Reyes was amazing in Agents of Shield.

Yasss he was indeed amazing on AOS ,thats why i was thinking it would be Reyes i can only hope!

Jawmuncher

I edited Zero-ELEC's list. Cutting three characters per side that would hypothetically mean we get 3 newcomers per side to replace said cut characters (Guess if anything you could see it as the DLC Season Pass 1 replacing the cut characters.) I went with characters themselves rather than any sort of function they have.

img_2774ubshm.jpg

MCU picks basically fell into they don't have a movie (or aren't a main part of the movie/don't look similar to their movie version) so they're easiest to cut. Venom I could see being argued but he has the popularity vote I feel.

Capcom side went with the easily most expendable that not many would miss. Spencer and Haggar could probably be switched between one another on who doesn't make the cut. The only iffy thing is cutting Nemesis since that would lower the Resident Evil series to 1 rep. But that'd be a small price to pay. Since they're bound to get DLC of some sort anyway.

I went with just a pretend board room approach. Since if I was just cutting any 3 I didn't like all Ghost N Goblins and Zero would be gone. Then for Marvel I'd just replace Dormmau and Ghost Rider for Rocket and Hawkeye

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Remember when we thought that we'd get stuff from the TV shows and comics that they can push? Like Inhumans, Quake, Miss Marvel or whatever?

We were so innocent.

Neonep

Remember when we thought that we'd get stuff from the TV shows and comics that they can push? Like Inhumans, Quake, Miss Marvel or whatever?

We were so innocent.

Remember when we thought we would get something from the Netflix characters. That was apparently too much to ask.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Well, technically with the NPC story boss, Monster Hunter does have 2 representatives, as does Strider. DMC still only has one. Its just odd

Maybe Lady is the mystery Capcom character.

Yasss he was indeed amazing on AOS ,thats why i was thinking it would be Reyes i can only hope!

If It's Blaze but I really hope that we would get the costume for alternative costume since I would more likely to use it on frequently basis.

We were so innocent.

At Least we got Nova and Ghost Rider but I would rather to get more characters than just those two for now. I guess they would come via DLC tho.

Some people would be very upset if Sam was in instead of Richard. Nova fanboys get very defensive
I'm one of them!
And I'm happy of Johnny > Robbie too.
Just saying that Marvel would rather push characters like Sam over the originals (hence the recent cartoons featuring Sam but no Richie at all)

Pretty much. If Marvel really cared about this game I'd think they would want Capcom to change Richie and Johnny to Sam and Robbie.

That wouldn't make things better at all,
and Sam instead of Richie is always major downgrade

Some people would be very upset if Sam was in instead of Richard. Nova fanboys get very defensive

Not defensive enough to buy his fucking book apparently.
^
Though after this, they deserve it.

Not defensive enough to buy his fucking book apparently.
:(
Marvel recently realized that their Sam push wasn't going anywhere, hence Richard's return.
I still hope for a MCU Nova appearance. That's his biggest chance for mainstream popularity.
That isn't his costume at all, he has a black helmet for starters.
That's his costume from the
bad
Spider-Man cartoon.

Neoxon

That isn't his costume at all, he has a black helmet for starters.
It's his costume from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. Sam's comic costume is the same style but with different colors (until the Loveness/Perez run altered Sam's design).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Well, last time we got Sam Nova in the game and he look bizarre.

That costume clearly doesn't work in the game at all.
I was just watching a video with this costume the other day. Hilariously bad, but IIRC they were working off early sketches of what would later turn into Sam Alexander, a kid.

Since Marvel has already given them free reign for original designs, hopefully DLC costumes for characters like Nova that don't have a super illustrious history of alternate looks include original designs.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
BP is DLC. Is that list for the base roster or for the entirety of it with DLC?

The last three slots are DLC and projected DLC. I admit there's a bit (ton) of hopeful consideration for Lady being there, but it should be mostly accurate, given the leaks.

It's informed speculation but nothing more.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sucks that Nova lost his red health mechanic, kind of unnecessary. That's one of those things that I feel is the desire for accessibility getting in the way of uniqueness of characters. Even though they could include primers for each characters that explain such.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Sucks that Nova lost his red health mechanic, kind of unnecessary. That's one of those things that I feel is the desire for accessibility getting in the way of uniqueness of characters. Even though they could include primers for each characters that explain such.

But that was his main gimmick, what the heck?

Neoxon

Wasn't that mechanic generally hated? I'm honestly glad that it's gone.

Keits

Developer
I think sacrificing your red health in marvel 3 is an interesting decision.

I think sacrificing your red health in mvci is suicide.

I'm guessing thats why the mechanic isn't here anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom