• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perineum

This next wave of characters is meh.

I wish we got new big characters instead of Nemesis and Hagger again.

Out of the whole roster the only thing interesting to me is Jedah.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He gonna wear dis shirt for sure.

But he's still cool in my book. Probably just had a bit too many drinks that day... lol!

he lost me when he started bringing up "sources"

Ryce

I can vouch for Smooth Operator (he knew about the April press tour), but I'm not sure what happened here with Spider-Man.

I can vouch for Smooth Operator (he knew about the April press tour), but I'm not sure what happened here with Spider-Man.

Yeah i'm really surprised too tbh. Anyway, i lost, so i'll wear that goddamn shirt for my first MvC:I tournament. Feel free to private message me with a shirt template when it's done.

He gonna wear dis shirt for sure.

But he's still cool in my book. Probably just had a bit too many drinks that day... lol!

Yeah it's hard to follow with all these functions.

JazzmanZ

Yeah i'm really surprised too tbh. Anyway, i lost, so i'll wear that goddamn shirt for my first MvC:I tournament. Feel free to private message me with a shirt template when it's done.

Is this same source someone who got something right beforehand? Seems really weird he'd say something contrary to all evidence

patchday

I didnt play MvC3 but why do folks like Frank West & that Chris dude they seem boring too me? I guess there's some series humor I dont get

I guess I havent played since I used to run this game in the Arcades back in MvC1 or so back when we had real gansters like Cyclops. Cyclops would've pwned Frank West hard

Is this same source someone who got something right beforehand? Seems really weird he'd say something contrary to all evidence

What i heard was more like "I heard nothing about Spidey being in this game" + some marketing plans on Capcom's side, and Spidey wasn't part of that. So i was pretty confident about him not being here. I'm surprised but in a good way.

My source has been pretty reliable so far, but it's a fuckup on my side imo.

I didnt play MvC3 but why do folks like Frank West & that Chris dude they seem boring too me? I guess there's some series humor I dont get

I guess I havent played since I used to run this game in the Arcades back in MvC1 or so back when we had real gansters like Cyclops. Cyclops would've pwned Frank West hard

They're sort of ordinary dudes with fun quirks. Chris' magnum is super satisfying to hit and assist kill. Frank is trash at level 1 but at level 5, he's amazing. Frank teams, when done right ala Magneto/Dante/Frank, are super fun to play. i don't really mind them being in the game but something like Wesker is far more Mahvel.

I'd take Cyclops over most of the Marvel cast though. Hawkeye sucks.

I want Cyclops back :(

sinkfla87

I'm glad you said something, people are out for blood haha. People were passive aggressively talking shit about your 28 character leak in the other thread which is still correct, just not complete lol. I mean nobody bats 100 from everything I've seen leaked over the years.

There's a lot of moving parts when it comes to games still in development, especially something as huge as a new Marvel entry.

You're still cool with me smooth, I'll make your shirt a comfortable and stylish one (I honestly have no idea what to make so I'm mostly kidding :p). With that said, I imagine your source doesn't know anything regarding Venom either huh? :( I'm hoping for an actual surprise here soon.

tangled55

I'd take Cammy over Rashid, or even Juri.

I really want C. Viper back although that won't happen. She's one of the BEST character designs in MvC's history, even surpassing her SFIV original incarnation. It had nothing to do with Xfactor either.

Neonep

I really want C. Viper back although that won't happen. She's one of the BEST character designs in MvC's history, even surpassing her SFIV original incarnation. It had nothing to do with Xfactor either.

In this day and age Cammy has no business being in a Vs game.

MVC3's Viper is amazing.

DarkDreamTCK

Neo Member
The more i see the game the more i see potential dlc ideas. Like, they could put in some left field characters like Alexia from RE Code Veronica or Harman from Killer 7.

Or maybe this is me just wanting more variety after seeing their current pics. To this day i still don't understand Capcom with their fascination for characters that add nothing to the interactions in this game. Firebrand would be cool if he sounded like a intellectual villain instead of flying around yelling "KEKEKEKE".

That all said, you know what potential concern no one's talking about yet? Netcode. Fg netcode these days gets worse with every iteration. Regardless of how good the game ends up, it's not gonna survive well if the netcode is garbage again, especially not with the negativity the game has around it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It's not like it'd be impossible to make a solid color edit mode for a game like this. Color edit can exist without being an easy-to-make eyesore.
  • Have parts be restricted to a certain variety of options (that are official for the character's history)
  • Make sure similar parts have different textures / receive and react to light differently, so you can't make anyone a solid single color.
  • Put "points" to certain problematic colors. So, you could only have 1 black color on a model, to avoid making him into a hard to see shadow like Dragonov in Tekken.
With DC willing to play frankencharacter with their super heroes and villains in Injustice 2, this would be the best time for Marvel to embrace some form of it, too. Could even satisfy "Capcom greed" by making later color options come via purchasing additional DLC color sets.

MvC already is home to so many garish, awkward looking palettes and such, that it's a much more fitting series for them to try this with than SFxT was. A lot of the stuff in UMVC3 looked like custom sets already...

tribal24

Banned
It's not like it'd be impossible to make a solid color edit mode for a game like this. Color edit can exist without being an easy-to-make eyesore.
  • Have parts be restricted to a certain variety of options (that are official for the character's history)
  • Make sure similar parts have different textures / receive and react to light differently, so you can't make anyone a solid single color.
  • Put "points" to certain problematic colors. So, you could only have 1 black color on a model, to avoid making him into a hard to see shadow like Dragonov in Tekken.
With DC willing to play frankencharacter with their super heroes and villains in Injustice 2, this would be the best time for Marvel to embrace some form of it, too. Could even satisfy "Capcom greed" by making later color options come via purchasing additional DLC color sets.

MvC already is home to so many garish, awkward looking palettes and such, that it's a much more fitting series for them to try this with than SFxT was. A lot of the stuff in UMVC3 looked like custom sets already...

yup they can restrict it to a certain point, like ultra sf 2. I wouldn't mind it pretty much stops the slow grind for color arguments SFV has. Also would entice people to actually buy the DLC so they can have new looks altogether.

The thing about Frank is that he's just an ordinary dude that's always stuck in ridiculous situations. Dead Rising is a zombie game, except it's a zombie game where you can beat up hordes of zombies with a handbag while wearing a servbot helmet and riding a children's bicycle. It's a very experimental and silly series.

Frank in MvC3 is great because his gimmick is that he starts out weak but ends up ridiculously strong if you level up by taking shots with your camera. The amount of hits you did in a combo serves as the XP for that, but that made him entirely reliant on the his team. From what we've seen so far he can set up a tripod to level up multiple times by himself, and that changes so much lol.

What i heard was more like "I heard nothing about Spidey being in this game" + some marketing plans on Capcom's side, and Spidey wasn't part of that. So i was pretty confident about him not being here. I'm surprised but in a good way.

My source has been pretty reliable so far, but it's a fuckup on my side imo.
For future reference: Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

SnakeEyez

The thing about Frank is that he's just an ordinary dude that's always stuck in ridiculous situations. Dead Rising is a zombie game, except it's a zombie game where you can beat up hordes of zombies with a handbag while wearing a servbot helmet and riding a children's bicycle. It's a very experimental and silly series.

Frank in MvC3 is great because his gimmick is that he starts out weak but ends up ridiculously strong if you level up by taking shots with your camera. The amount of hits you did in a combo serves as the XP for that, but that made him entirely reliant on the his team. From what we've seen so far he can set up a tripod to level up multiple times by himself, and that changes so much lol.

It looks like they added a drink type move to Frank, he does it right before he sets the tripod. I wonder what that does.

It looks like they added a drink type move to Frank, he does it right before he sets the tripod. I wonder what that does.
He had that in MvC3. It doubles the XP he gets, at the cost of him throwing up after a while and leaving him vulnerable.

He has a new move where he puts on a servbot helmet and rushes in on the opponent. The way it works kinda reminds me of his cart assist which was weirdly not a part of his moveset lol.

Village

I value my eyes not bleeding over people vomiting "creativity" all over them.

Fighting games were never the only genre with this, and it wont be the last.

I rarely break this line out, but I feel its appropriate.

Get over it.

I don't like every Avatar in frigging ff14, but who gives a shit what I want someone else payed 60+ dollars for that game, they can make whatever dumb ass catgirl they want

patchday

Ah thanks for the explanation. I tried to watch some UMvC3 clips from evo etc but was baffled by Frank. Now the Hagger guy I could understand

Thinking about it, maybe Goblin is on the second Spider-man variant cover (either Amazing or Miles')? We know the third is Dorm, one of them has to be Spidey's, and Venom has his own...

Skilletor

Fighting games were never the only genre with this, and it wont be the last.

I rarely break this line out, but I feel its appropriate.

Get over it.

I don't like every Avatar in frigging ff14, but who gives a shit what I want someone else payed 60+ dollars for that game, they can make whatever dumb ass catgirl they want

I don't have to fight their cat girl. I don't have to see lows on those cat girls. I don't have to see those cat girls with obnoxious colors against a background just because some ass wants to be annoying. There isn't a comparison to an mmo and a fighting game.

Add customization all you want. I paid money too and shouldn't have to be subjected to other people's shitty taste. Just let me turn it off. Shouldn't be too hard.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thinking about it, maybe Goblin is on the second Spider-man variant cover (either Amazing or Miles')? We know the third is Dorm, one of them has to be Spidey's, and Venom has his own...

Don't do this to yourself friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom