• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

ScribbleD

This would have been the game of the generation if they didn't fuck up the roster.

On paper I think this roster is bland and too similar to UMVC3's.

In practice the returning chars are different enough and the stones are giving some characters a chance to shine who I rarely ever saw in Marvel 3 (like Nemesis). I'm finding myself not caring about the roster too much.

I'm seeing a lot of dropped combos for top 8

this is winners finals even right?

The combo system in this game is so different, it's like hitstun scales just like damage does. It's much more difficult to predict when the spinout will come, just like marvel 2. That game had similar combos that didn't always end the same way or play out the same way all the time.

On top of that the damage scaling is so severe that using a super to finish a combo is usually not the best choice. Going for a reset or better positioning is smarter.

I actually think that element of hitstun scaling does a ton to make this game better to watch. The combos are more varied and it's not just watching the same optimized combos for every character. I always liked that about marvel 2, how there was a bit more variety in combos.

And the art.

And the bugs.
Nothing more mahvelous than bugs!

sad but true. even if the season pass characters were just there it'd be in a better place.
Very true.

On paper I think this roster is bland and too similar to UMVC3's.

In practice the returning chars are different enough and the stones are giving some characters a chance to shine who I rarely ever saw in Marvel 3 (like Nemesis). I'm finding myself not caring about the roster too much.
I think, roster-wise, there just isn't much to be excited about. That's why the sales are going to be low in the end. Capcom is overvaluing goofy stuff like a story mode.

I'm seeing a lot of dropped combos for top 8

this is winners finals even right?

MvC3 release week play was shit compared to shit.

Game finally clicked for me today when I decided on Gamora/Thanos/ Soul as my team. Got a nice nine-win streak in ranked and was having as much fun as I was in the heyday of Marvel 3, game is A+.

This top 8 has been great, I hope some of these Yipes calls persist throughout the game's life span.

Top Bottom