• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

But but but... I just got the game last night because of all the hype!

I just got the game yesterday and after the news I kind of regret it....

What are the chances that Capcom just drops support? The roster is garbage but I bought it on the hope of some neat DLC like MH.

Gameplay is still fantastic so I'll just enjoy it while it's still alive.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I’ve been thinking about DLC stages.

As we all know, this game has a bunch of stages that cleverly fuse Marvel and Capcom locales with similar themes together: there’s Knowmoon (the fusion of two space stations), Dark Kingdom (the fusion of two demonic realms), A.I.M.BRELLA (the fusion of two nefarious corporations), and so on.

The two biggest Capcom series without stage representation are Street Fighter and Devil May Cry, and the two biggest Marvel properties without stage representation are X-Men and Fantastic Four. Coincidentally, these respective worlds go together really well.

Once the X-Men and (hopefully) Doctor Doom make their way into the game, I’d love to see the following stages:

Asteroid S
qEENLHW.png

A combination of Asteroid M and Shadaloo Base. With two universes thrown together, Magneto finds himself interested in Psycho Power and the role it could play in the advancement of mutanktkind, so he partners with M. Bison to form the Brotherhood of Shadaloo.

Temenia
bLPbkoF.png

A stormy East European town square with the Temen-ni-gru rising from the center of Castle Doom, combining the Gothic architecture and aesthetic of Devil May Cry with that of Latveria.

That'd be neat. So we probably won't get it.

Tbh they coulda made X so much better moveset wise. Like he really coulda been a new Dante but nah they wanna disgrace my boi like that.

It's so bizarre that Zero, a sword user, is such a better zoner than X who has guns for hands. He's decent and I'm liking him, but it sure doesn't feel like I'm playing X.

Volnutt needs to escape TvC and come back. He was so fun to use.

ZeroCDR

I'm having problems sticking to a second character. Maybe Nova. Aside from Jedah I'm not really gelling with anyone.

Same, but then I started getting really comfortable pairing Zero with Dormammu. Then found out just how nasty he really is after last night's top 8.. Not that I'm anywhere on that level but I'm just like, of course I picked two top tiers lol.

At least I refuse to learn Dante. Dude has too much going on for my tastes, Zero already commands too much of my brain. Still trying out X, Thanos and Haggar for my B teams.

JeTmAn81

I checked c.LK->Stinger with Dante in training mode. Isn't that supposed to hit overhead? It says "high" in training mode, which as we know for whatever reason actually means a mid hit.

Dahbomb

I checked c.LK->Stinger with Dante in training mode. Isn't that supposed to hit overhead? It says "high" in training mode, which as we know for whatever reason actually means a mid hit.
It doesn't work in training mode, you have to do it on a live person not in training mode.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Same, but then I started getting really comfortable pairing Zero with Dormammu. Then found out just how nasty he really is after last night's top 8.. Not that I'm anywhere on that level but I'm just like, of course I picked two top tiers lol.

At least I refuse to learn Dante. Dude has too much going on for my tastes, Zero already commands too much of my brain. Still trying out X, Thanos and Haggar for my B teams.

I think I'm just gonna stick to Strider Jedah, Strider. I'd like to play Cap/Thor but they don't seem too great at the moment.

NotLiquid

What are the chances that Capcom just drops support? The roster is garbage but I bought it on the hope of some neat DLC like MH.

I've already said this once but at least another batch of characters in 2018 ought to be a guarantee. They'll probably have started on new characters well before the fiscal year ends. Since we'll have 36 characters by the end of 2017 I can see us having a minimum of 44 characters or some such at minimum.

That and they managed to support SFV in spite of it's tepid commercial showing thanks to eSports keeping it alive, and MvCI should be no different.

Explains why it's very difficult to get matches then, as I feared.

MM is borked. Gotta use Fight Request in training mode.

I don't know if someone said some shit to Capcom or made it known to them, but I'm about to do so tomorrow morning and let'em know with some video evidence.

I've already said this once but at least another batch of characters in 2018 ought to be a guarantee. They'll probably have started on new characters well before the fiscal year ends. Since we'll have 36 characters by the end of 2017 I can see us having a minimum of 44 characters or some such at minimum.

That and they managed to support SFV in spite of it's tepid commercial showing thanks to eSports keeping it alive, and MvCI should be no different.

NCR was pretty good for Infinite so here's hoping Capcom can turn this shit around. It'll be such a waste.

Sigmaah

It's so bizarre that Zero, a sword user, is such a better zoner than X who has guns for hands. He's decent and I'm liking him, but it sure doesn't feel like I'm playing X.

Volnutt needs to escape TvC and come back. He was so fun to use.

Exactly what I'm feeling too. How can I zone and keep away better with Zero compares to X?!? LIKE LMAOOOO. X is definitely solid but capcom coulda did so much more. So many moves and armor to choose from and they give me bare minimum...

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
MM is borked. Gotta use Fight Request in training mode.

I don't know if someone said some shit to Capcom or made it known to them, but I'm about to do so tomorrow morning and let'em know with some video evidence.

how exactly will you tell Capcom?

edit: lol at the unintentional typo, I swear >_<

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
on a side note (because gameplay is sidenote today apparently), I was playing against a dude earlier, he's very green (more than me!) so we just went through various characters both just fumbling around really, until I ran into Hawkeye and I really got into him.

Spamming his various projectiles seems much more fun (to me) than Arthur's ones. Might give him a real try tomorow, probably with Hulk (im watching IT tonight so no Marvel for me)

Producer

i labbed it up and found a nice little setup with captain marvel/ultron that covers both wakeup techs, well it should anyway lol. i like it

NEO0MJ

If it's early in the match I'll tag firebrand during the jedah pinwheel and just pop lvl 3 for around 8k damage. That's if I need to close it out and kill someone. I always have another x factor by the time a character dies so the free level 3 is nice.

I'm actually trying to get Firebrand to work with Nemesis, though to be frank still haven't tried any tag combos with them.

Canucked

Black Panther and Monster Hunter are featured in the comic....why do I have to wait so long to play them....although in game BP's cape looks not great.

NEO0MJ

Black Panther and Monster Hunter are featured in the comic....why do I have to wait so long to play them....although in game BP's cape looks not great.

Like Piccolo in DBFZ he probably won't fight in it, they're too much trouble to animate well. Even Ultron Sigma throws away his cape when fighting XD

FSLink

Banned
Exactly what I'm feeling too. How can I zone and keep away better with Zero compares to X?!? LIKE LMAOOOO. X is definitely solid but capcom coulda did so much more. So many moves and armor to choose from and they give me bare minimum...
I do love that X's fireball super is basically a Gimlet that doesn't auto aim/wall bounce. Great for sniping people.

Durden77

So amidst all the doom and gloom, I'll ask again...

Any particular point to Dante's bold move now? Or is just another way to get you into the air?

Don't worry about all that crap now. I don't possibly see how we won't at least get a season 2, and I think this game will do better in the long run than it seems to be doing after the news today.

And yeah, the game's fucking fantastic and the players aren't going anywhere. You'll have plenty of people to fight for a long time.

Vic_Viper

Any recommendations for who to use for the final boss in arcade mode? First time through without much knowledge of the movesets yet, still learning everything. Any go to picks for your first time through? Got all the way to the last boss with Gamora and Thanos, just dicking around, and it was super easy but that last boss is a giant pain in the ass lol.

Gamora is amazing! What little ive played so far, she has totally been a nice surprise. Almost makes up for not having Psylocke lol.

The game is awesome once you get past the awful art on alot of the characters. Like most I wasnt sure how Id feel about the game but once you start playing its alot of fun. Really miss the launcher mechanic from MvC3 though. Thats my biggest issue so far aside from the artstyle of course. I mean theres no way Capcom would have made this a 2D game again, but I think they could have done a better job with something more stylized.

What was the bad news people are talking about? Just the sales numbers? I think they will start to rise a bit once people get the word out more, but the roster isnt really doing the game any favors lol. Even the DLC characters dont seem to be impressing alot of people that arent die hard fans already. Plus people are probably still worried Capcom is just going to be releasing an Ultimate version in a year like last time.

Vice

Any recommendations for who to use for the final boss in arcade mode? First time through without much knowledge of the movesets yet, still learning everything. Any go to picks for your first time through? Got all the way to the last boss with Gamora and Thanos, just dicking around, and it was super easy but that last boss is a giant pain in the ass lol.

Gamora is amazing! What little ive played so far, she has totally been a nice surprise. Almost makes up for not having Psylocke lol.

The game is awesome once you get past the awful art on alot of the characters. Like most I wasnt sure how Id feel about the game but once you start playing its alot of fun. Really miss the launcher mechanic from MvC3 though. Thats my biggest issue so far aside from the artstyle of course. I mean theres no way Capcom would have made this a 2D game again, but I think they could have done a better job with something more stylized.

What was the bad news people are talking about? Just the sales numbers? I think they will start to rise a bit once people get the word out more, but the roster isnt really doing the game any favors lol. Even the DLC characters dont seem to be impressing alot of people that arent die hard fans already. Plus people are probably still worried Capcom is just going to be releasing an Ultimate version in a year like last time.
To cheese.it out? Dante with anyone. Just super jump and use airplay (guitar projectile). Occasionally devil trigger to get life back and use his lightning bolt super. Just stay in the upper left hand side of the screen and very little Ultron Omega does can touch you.

Vic_Viper

To cheese.it out? Dante with anyone. Just super jump and use airplay (guitar projectile). Occasionally devil trigger to get life back and use his lightning bolt super. Just stay in the upper left hand side of the screen and very little Ultron Omega does can touch you.

Kool thanks. Still getting used to Dante and hes a ton of fun.

When Ultron does his dual fist guard, are you able to do damage at all? And is that just so you can build meter basically?

Out of all the character designs, I think Doctor Strange and Thor look the worst. Most look great imo, but Thor and Strange just look bland or uninspired. They could have done a much better job with them, Strange especially!

NotLiquid

The trick for the final boss is to preserve your meter until he blocks - then use your damage dealing hyper with both characters to break him. He'll be stunned for a good 7-10 seconds after you do that which leaves you plenty of time to lay the smackdown. Also get rid of the Drones quickly when they show up since he regenerates health when they're out.

If not just equip Soul Stone and go to town whenever the going gets rough.

Vice

Kool thanks. Still getting used to Dante and hes a ton of fun.

When Ultron does his dual fist guard, are you able to do damage at all? And is that just so you can build meter basically?
It's free meter and you can break his guard by doing enough damage. Puts him in a weakened state for a short time.

I'm not worried about this games longevity. By evo there will be anywhere between 36 and 42 characters, and a few balance patches. It will be hype. By this time next year, there will be a ultimate edition that everyone who held off this time around will buy, and I wouldn't be surprised if a graphical pass was in the works.

Vic_Viper

The trick for the final boss is to preserve your meter until he blocks - then use your damage dealing hyper with both characters to break him. He'll be stunned for a good 7-10 seconds after you do that which leaves you plenty of time to lay the smackdown. Also get rid of the Drones quickly when they show up since he regenerates health when they're out.

If not just equip Soul Stone and go to town whenever the going gets rough.

Didnt even notice he can regen health lol, thanks!

Rhaknar

Thor isn't that acrobatic so it was easier to manage. Plus Sigma and Black Panther rarely fight in their cape so it makes sense for them not have it on when playing them.

Okay, you got me.

The only reason I even remembered is because just like you I was thinking about Panther and his cloak, and then was playing Thor earlier and went "wait Thor totally has a cloak and a non-cloak costume :3

Negaduck

I'm actually trying to get Firebrand to work with Nemesis, though to be frank still haven't tried any tag combos with them.

Funny enough nemesis is the other character I'm learning. But I prefer nemesis on point and pair him with jedah. Nemesis and firebrand feel like they are good to get it started but don't work as well to finish out a combo (like jedah/thanos etc.)

NEO0MJ

Funny enough nemesis is the other character I'm learning. But I prefer nemesis on point and pair him with jedah. Nemesis and firebrand feel like they are good to get it started but don't work as well to finish out a combo (like jedah/thanos etc.)

Yeah. Firebrand's damage is kinda weak on his own and while Nemesis can do big damage he doesn't seem to have good combos outside the corner. Maybe I should look up another partner for Firebrand. The other characters I'm interested in checking out are Ghost Rider, Jedah, Strange, Strider, and Thanos.

ev0

Ghost Rider is one cheap mofo. I pulled out some bs wins with him and I'm pretty much a scrub lol.
He's pretty fun though, that damn bike.

I'm not worried about this games longevity. By evo there will be anywhere between 36 and 42 characters, and a few balance patches. It will be hype. By this time next year, there will be a ultimate edition that everyone who held off this time around will buy, and I wouldn't be surprised if a graphical pass was in the works.

Capcom is going to pump money into the esports scene well before they drop this game off in the ocean and letting it sink. Leveraging Marvel, too, for advertisements as the year goes on helps. And if SFV is supposedly getting an UI update, Marvel could too.

Meanwhile, the scene needs to keep making tutorials. Combo videos are nice, but now is the time to keep people informed and able to transition to intermediate.

I think if Capcom wants their fighters to be esports then they should release a f2p model or 20 dollar version that come with all characters and online mode.

I honestly don't know. It all depends on how much this actually sells, because we don't really have an idea of what Capcom would do. Even their most hated flagship fighting games in recent times still broke 1.5 million copies.

For comparisons sake to the UK figures, SFV debuted at 2nd on the UK charts, MVC3 debuted at 3rd.

Even by Capcom's declining standards, this is bad, really, really bad. At least in the UK. Of course, there's still time to see how it performs in other markets, but the UK isn't that far removed from what's typical in NPD.

Top Bottom