• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
more DLC for SF5, man DLC is really keeping that game afloat huh?

Sesha

Capcom should start treating their fighting games like their action games. There's little good reason why the story side of story mode wasn't more like DMC or a Trigger anime or those MvC3 CG trailers, than a low budget cartoon (or World of Final Fantasy).

Negaduck

While it's sad to see a good game crash like this it really is Capcom's fault in the end. Instead of learning from SF V it's like they doubled down on their mistakes while at the same time not doing the things they did right with V. Thanos and Jedah should have been events, not throwaway reveals.

Thanks for the info. Gonna try to compare the damage to the version I saw Apologyman do.

True, however that still gave him a niche and so more presence than theoretically better characters such as Wesker.

If it's early in the match I'll tag firebrand during the jedah pinwheel and just pop lvl 3 for around 8k damage. That's if I need to close it out and kill someone. I always have another x factor by the time a character dies so the free level 3 is nice.

Week 1 dropping X already. I told you son.

Never talk about X ever again!!!!

giphy.gif

Really sucks but not terribly surprising that this game has bombed. I know some people here were hopeful, but I can't say I was expecting any better. Capcom really fucked up in just about every way that mattered which really sucks since the game itself is a ton of fun and feels like a breath of fresh air for not just Mahvel, but fighting games in general. The improved tag system is ingenious!

On the not so bright side Aris is still a thing.

You probably shouldn't even bother saying that. Apparently Aris "apologized" and that made everything squeaky clean to most people here.
Fuck Aris

Dartastic

So, apparently (comic book spoilers)
Wolverine is alive and is packing an Infinity Stone.

He's gotta be DLC next year. He just has to be.

Sesha

He will. I expect the DLC will be something like Wolverine, DP, Wesker, Vergil, Asura/Gene, Star-Lord.

You probably shouldn't even bother saying that. Apparently Aris "apologized" and that made everything squeaky clean to most people here.
Fuck Aris

It didn't make everything go away. What happened, happened. But ever since that debacle he hasn't done anything like that ever again.

JeTmAn81

Is this the first reappearance since
he got "killed" by molten adamantium
?

Edit: Yassssss king

wolverine-return-marvel-legacy-1022924.jpg

Sigmaah

Week 1 dropping X already. I told you son.

Never talk about X ever again!!!!

LMFAOOOO

Nah I'm not dropping X, I will never drop X, Zero or Sigma.

I'm just gonna save the super cheap shit for when someone brings out the super cheap shit on me. Besides that you will always see me rocking an MMX team.

I PRAY SIGMA IS CHEAP AS FUCK but hard to play so not everyone rides my character for being TOP TIER.

I've always thought this game looked good, especially in battle. Ya some chars look fucked compared to others but that's a problem for sf too... just cause it doesn't look like a comic book or like mahvel 3 doesn't mean it looks bad.

Niggas really rided the hate and meme wave instead of waiting until the game came out and see what ppl had to say. I don't want this game to lose support because clowns wanted to ride a fucking hate wave...

Negaduck

LMFAOOOO

I'm just gonna save the super cheap shit for when someone brings out the super cheap shit on me. Besides that you will always see me rocking an MMX team.

I PRAY SIGMA IS CHEAP AS FUCK but hard to play so not everyone rides my character for being TOP TIER.

Excuse me my friend.

Our character. #SIGMABOIS

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
LMFAOOOO

calls out cheap shit

uses Dante

wrxg_f-maxage-0.gif

Ryce

I’ve been thinking about DLC stages.

As we all know, this game has a bunch of stages that cleverly fuse Marvel and Capcom locales with similar themes together: there’s Knowmoon (the fusion of two space stations), Dark Kingdom (the fusion of two demonic realms), A.I.M.BRELLA (the fusion of two nefarious corporations), and so on.

The two biggest Capcom series without stage representation are Street Fighter and Devil May Cry, and the two biggest Marvel properties without stage representation are X-Men and Fantastic Four. Coincidentally, these respective worlds go together really well.

Once the X-Men and (hopefully) Doctor Doom make their way into the game, I’d love to see the following stages:

Asteroid S
qEENLHW.png

A combination of Asteroid M and Shadaloo Base. With two universes thrown together, Magneto finds himself interested in Psycho Power and the role it could play in the advancement of mutanktkind, so he partners with M. Bison to form the Brotherhood of Shadaloo.

Temenia
bLPbkoF.png

A stormy East European town square with the Temen-ni-gru rising from the center of Castle Doom, combining the Gothic architecture and aesthetic of Devil May Cry with that of Latveria.

Rhaknar

dlc stages... oh Ryce, you sweet innocent child.

Mit-

Why does Hulk's giant overhead smash punch do a wall bounce? Looks really goofy. They should've changed the animation to some kind of sideways smack that started high on one side and ended low on the other. It looks really unnatural when the opponent does anything other than ground bounce.

Rhaknar

I'm not sure why they wouldn't happen at some point. The leaked proposal mentioned an exclusive CPT stage, and SFV has had something like 14 DLC stages so far.

have you...have you not heard the news? :p

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm having problems sticking to a second character. Maybe Nova. Aside from Jedah I'm not really gelling with anyone.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I’ve been thinking about DLC stages.

As we all know, this game has a bunch of stages that cleverly fuse Marvel and Capcom locales with similar themes together: there’s Knowmoon (the fusion of two space stations), Dark Kingdom (the fusion of two demonic realms), A.I.M.BRELLA (the fusion of two nefarious corporations), and so on.

The two biggest Capcom series without stage representation are Street Fighter and Devil May Cry, and the two biggest Marvel properties without stage representation are X-Men and Fantastic Four. Coincidentally, these respective worlds go together really well.

Once the X-Men and (hopefully) Doctor Doom make their way into the game, I’d love to see the following stages:

Asteroid S
qEENLHW.png

A combination of Asteroid M and Shadaloo Base. With two universes thrown together, Magneto finds himself interested in Psycho Power and the role it could play in the advancement of mutanktkind, so he partners with M. Bison to form the Brotherhood of Shadaloo.

Temenia
bLPbkoF.png

A stormy East European town square with the Temen-ni-gru rising from the center of Castle Doom, combining the Gothic architecture and aesthetic of Devil May Cry with that of Latveria.

Did you literally copy one of those leaker's idea since he described the stage so similarly.

Lulubop

Latveria with Temen-ni-Gru in the background would be sick.

We need a Temen-ni-Gru zenith stage too though.

Can't believe it's not a thing. You can even have a portal in the back, up in the sky with many angled ones coming in and out. Through in a shuma cameo.

Ryce

Did you literally copy one of those leaker's idea since he described the stage so similarly.
I don't remember that. I don't really pay much attention to those bullshit lists. With that said, it's hardly an original idea. It's just something I'd like to see. I'm sure lots of people have thought about Asteroid S before.

Top Bottom