• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
I love MoHun. I really dig how her charge attack has the same sort of timing mechanic where you can hold it too long and lose a bunch of power.

I wish they used better looking swords for both costumes though.

I'm fine w/ the change to the Kirin armor having the Kirin thunder greatsword. I'm just surprised the Rathalos outfit does not have the matching sword.

Sayad

I want to see MonHun in UltronOmega armor and greatsword as a DLC costume instead of just copying MH armors. :3

Does her dual blades/bow change in the Kirin set?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I want to see MonHun in UltronOmega armor and greatsword as a DLC costume instead of just copying MH armors. :3

Crossover costumes should totally return from SFxTK.

Would help the Capcom side especially since there's less material (let alone good material) to work with for costumes.

Jaeger

I'm having issues with Reality Stone spam while using Panther. I'm gonna figure this out. I'm giving BP all my attention right now.

MrMephistoX

That’s a brilliant idea...or Galactus armor, Sentinels basically any giant character would do.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Interesting tweet from Ultradavid questioning the whole point vs support paradigm and how that thinking might be misguided.
I agree with this 100%. I kind of considered the rigid roles thing to be a carryover from MvC3 that'd get flattened out over time when people realize that interdependence and value of those characters means a lot more than it does in MvC3 (or any other MvC, for that matter, but particularly MvC3 because of X-Factor).

Zissou

I agree with this 100%. I kind of considered the rigid roles thing to be a carryover from MvC3 that'd get flattened out over time when people realize that interdependence and value of those characters means a lot more than it does in MvC3 (or any other MvC, for that matter, but particularly MvC3 because of X-Factor).

The roles have shifted each game. Marvel 2 had batteries, users, assists. 3 had points, assists, and anchors. It makes sense that infinite will need new language to classify characters and their synergies.

Perineum

I don't think there is a bad team combination possible in this game if you pick an effective stone.

MAYBE Nemesis and Haggar would suck, but then you add in time stone or reality to fix their issues.

I could see SonicFox drop Jedah and Rocket, and probably clean up shop with any other two he puts together. The same can be said of F. Champ.

Zissou

I know there are a lot of complaints about it, but I honestly don't care that there isn't much point in optimizing combos. I'd rather spend my time learning confirms, set play, neutral game options, etc

FSLink

Banned
Interesting tweet from Ultradavid questioning the whole point vs support paradigm and how that thinking might be misguided.

Yep, I've been saying this, and I agree with Ultradavid that it undervalues characters like Hulk where a lot of people are just handwaving him as garbage (he's not great, but I don't think he's terribad).

I don't think there is a bad team combination possible in this game if you pick an effective stone.

MAYBE Nemesis and Haggar would suck, but then you add in time stone or reality to fix their issues.

I could see SonicFox drop Jedah and Rocket, and probably clean up shop with any other two he puts together. The same can be said of F. Champ.

I know it's just an example, but Nemesis/Haggar is pretty stupid even without Reality Stone to help their neutral. Just yolo invincible super with either of them and go ham with mixups.

Isn't SonicFox picking up Dante on the side? RR/Dante is crazy good as well.

shaowebb

I'm really hoping we see Justin Wong pick up and optimize a Black Panther team. The guy does great with mobile rushdown characters because he's a footsie player whose style is based on incredible fundamentals and reads. He's a guy built to whif punish and BP feels like a guy designed to cause whifs to punish with his air redirects that bait folks into stuff. No clue who would work best with him yet for Justin because I dont think his Nova is a good partner for BP...though maybe Ultron would be okay. I'd honestly like to see him either use Sigma or Strange honestly. I just get the feeling he could do something nice with one of those two and BP given his style of play.

Something tells me though that the ideal BP partner hasn't been shown yet. I got a sneaking feeling that BP + one of the last 3 characters will be a solid team and that if I'm right it'll be J. Wong rocking it since BP seems like a perfect fit for him.

brian!

He's a guy built to whif punish and BP feels like a guy designed to cause whifs to punish with his air redirects that bait folks into stuff.

Yeah im kinda getting this too, he feels like you kind of need to be defensive and patient. Raather than overwhelming the opponent w/ pressure he feels more of a "now!" style character that looks for openings. Im running him with jedah currently and when i play i feel like jedah naturally flows between pressuring and taking a step back, with bp i feel more like i have to be more...panther-like

But i also dunno what im doing with him ofc

So I've been trying MonHun/Sigma in some matches. I do like both characters, but probably not together. I like MonHun better than Sigma, just because he has pretty hefty recovery on his specials, while I feel with MonHun rolling out of stuff just like the games helps her. Both have bad recovery on whiffed normals, so I have to basically make it second nature to cancel them into something. Sigma I don't think is too scary to block, his j.Hp dash into J.HP for a double overhead is like the only thing that catches people high, he has a rather slow jump too. I need to integrate his command grab into my game, though thinking about it, it is kind of scary to go for it in this game, since the risk reward doesn't look in your favor with how throw scaling works. Though being to convert into stuff easily if they run into one of the slash marks does make him great at covering the screen.

Time stone MonHun is pretty funny, you can just go into overhead into CC loop or low into CC loop during the storm, maybe pause a bit and go for a reset. She also has armor on the mashable HP, so might as well do it.

I think if I were to pick a team to main, I will go Zero/MonHun at this point. Just some impressions after playing them some more.

Durden77

I somehow got moved down a rank? Even though I have only been playing casuals? Uh ok.

Also, I still have trouble against reality stone spam. I surprisingly don't find THAT many peoplr with it, but when I do and they mash it, I have trouble. Is the best thing to do just reflect it back?

Dahbomb

Point and Supports simply work in the opposite sense here. Ultradavid's examples are all of Supports (ie. characters that get in and force a mix up) but in this game you have to start Supports as the playable character then tag them out.

The character who is setting up the incoming character is the support and the character coming in is the point. Though point in this case doesn't make a lot of sense... it's probably better to use something like "Closer".

Some teams go back and forth where they support each other and work as points which means they are usually Hybrids. Characters like Strider, Zero, Dante and Gamora are more hybrids.

MrMephistoX

Yeah im kinda getting this too, he feels like you kind of need to be defensive and patient. Raather than overwhelming the opponent w/ pressure he feels more of a "now!" style character that looks for openings. Im running him with jedah currently and when i play i feel like jedah naturally flows between pressuring and taking a step back, with bp i feel more like i have to be more...panther-like

But i also dunno what im doing with him ofc

Yeah I really like how well thought out these new characters seem to be with different play styles. Everyone new in fact seems like a fresh passion project from the devs with movesets that compliment the games they came from...I could totally see where they would be bored just copying over models etc from the old characters.

I feel like I'm never going to get any better but the game is fun but I'm terrible and I don't think Spencers little cable grab has ever actually hit anyone I've fought.

Perineum

I got to mess with BP finally tonight. The man is everything I had hoped for.

This character is going to be a mix up monster in the right hands. If you throw out a beam super on screen to cover him while your opponent blocks...shit the amount of stupid crap you can go for off a wall cling lol.

Durden77

So yeah, the more I play and play against Sigma, the more I realize he's kind of a Sentinel-esque character. All he's really got for mix ups is box-dash HP. He's got his grab, but the L one you can't combo off of, and the H one is slow and you can barely get anything off it, so it's hard to merit the risk for those in this game. He can be figured out pretty easily, and can be very hard to open people up with once they do.

But he has amazing "assists" if you will. All of his charges, his missiles, his damage, his supers, they're all so good for tagging. He's a pretty fantastic teamate all around.

I got to mess with BP finally tonight. The man is everything I had hoped for.

This character is going to be a mix up monster in the right hands. If you throw out a beam super on screen to cover him while your opponent blocks...shit the amount of stupid crap you can go for off a wall cling lol.

I was super excited for Black Panther and he turned out to be exactly what I hoped and dreamed for, but this is pretty much the approach for every character in the game atm. Homogenized hold that easy mixups off of full-screen lockdown. He's a bit more free-form with it than airdash high/lows all day at least, and his movement in neutral is really fun to fool around with, as limited as that is in this game. I haven't had the chance to fool around with his block pressure yet, is he stifled by pushblock the way a lot of grounded rushdown characters are?

shaowebb

Black Panther can force you to whif like mad. Once he gets on a wall he can just force you to guess whether to DP or not. He just moves too quick to catch and if you guess wrong he can convert off anything. He seems to need a good beefy tag combo though for damage. Dr. Strange gives him great mixups IMO off of tags but in so far as a damage partner its up in the air. Got some neat shit using plain and simple Thanos slow projectile, tag in and pressure. Pretty much the same thing you get with anyone plus thanos and time stone though.

I get the feeling someone with a good low setup taggin into BP would be great. Possibly just run him with Rocket, or Arthur plus space stone and go for mixups. I am super eager to see him legitimized on a team at tourney.

Is it just me or does the hyper meter cover rocket racoon half the time and you can't even tell what he is doing?

He seems like a stupid difficult character to visibly read at all.

Found myself loving Sigma last night. Playing while sick made me not go too nuts in training but man I like him, I'm not even a megaman fan.

Need to find a partner, only been playing combo challenge and training so far for the 5 hours logged.

Anbec7

It finally clicked, after resting for a bit and coming back to the new characters I'm starting to get used to the new control scheme, timings and I'm really happy with the DLC

I hope Widow, Bucky and Venom are just as crazy as these 3. Hopefully we also get some news for season 2!

zenspider

Noob to Marvel, not fighting games in general.

I'm having a blast so far, but I have no idea what to focus on to learn the game.

Any advice getting a game plan for learning? How do you get the most out of training mode in this game?

So what can you do about Monster Huner's big charge attack? Are you just required to block it if she starts it up?

You can throw her but if they tagged, you can't throw the assist in this case. Since you basically take unscaled damage when armoring through things, you can back up and try to beam her or something and she will have lots of red life.

Skab

Man max modded in marvel 3 music for the marvel side, as well as a bunch of graphic tweaks and holy fuck does it add so much.

Top Bottom