• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Sigmaah

Ggs man. I had you going for a while there them you came out with the Boss mode stuff. Those two work so well together it's scary.

Also thanks for the Sigma tech. Literally only just learned some of his moves and went straight online with him. Def gonna be stealing some of that.

Haha thanks man. Power stone really gets me, I dunno how it works tbh lol. I still don't know what stone to use for this team.

They really do work well together and I'm so happy about that! Your X is really good too.

I don't think the Warbird costume being called Warbird rather than Ms. Marvel means much of anything regarding Kamala, since it would just be an alternate costume in the end. Her name on the screen and tag ins will still probably say "Captain Marvel" regardless.

While its only on a personal note, I always thought of the black costume costume as the Warbird costume, but I started reading comics with Busiek and Perez's Avenger's run, and that's when Carol first started calling herself Warbird. While the costume has been around for much longer than that run, her classic "Ms. Marvel" look would probably now be considered to be her original costume, which hasn't shown up yet, and which quite frankly doesn't look that great. Still, since I started reading comics with that, and she was Warbird first to me, Binary second, and Ms. Marvel third, so go figure. I

That being said, the secondary Warbird costume (the one with the pads and doesn't look like a swimsuit) was introduced later, but it was never worn that much. It was however while she was calling herself Warbird, and never when she called herself Ms. Marvel. I believe after Dissembled and before Dark Reign, Marvel had a Carol book under the title of Ms. Marvel which actually had some weird doppelganger show up. Carol was wearing the black costume and calling herself Ms. Marvel, and the doppelganger wore the black padded costume and called herself Warbird, so while she barely wore that thing some people refer to that more as the Warbird costume despite the fact she spend more time with that title while also having the black swimsuit costume on. Honestly, its quite rare what happened with Carol switching names and not costumes.

SupaNaab

I just completed Sigma mission 10. I just wanted to tell everyone that the notation literally lies. If you input the combo as it says, it will not work. You are given 4 bars and use 2 earlier in the combo. The only way to use a level 3 with 2 bars is to press STONE + TAG during infinity storm.... do not attempt to input the level 3 using the standard qcb.LK+HK notation because it will not work.

So fucked how much time I spent on this.

FSLink

Banned
You will ADORE this dude. Tanky as fuck and locks down like crazy. His knockdown stuff is legit as all hell and if you pair him with anyone with multihit tools, assist attacks or traps he becomes a blockstring machine. Tried him with Ultron and Jedah awhile ago and that shit is so offensive to watch. I'm afraid of what I'll find using him plus Dorm. I really wanna see what Flame Carpet, vines, or blackhole plus arc slashies look like in terms of frustration.

Whoever you were playing dump em. Make a team around this guy :D

I've been mostly using Sigma/Ultron/Space today. Shit can be stupid once I get started, lol.

https://twitter.com/Justin_At_Law/status/920466862600626176

Also here's a Dorm combo starting with Sigma. Builds 2 bar, and finishes with 3 blues. I think Sigma/Dorm can be really good as well so I'm gonna lab that out tomorrow.

SaikyoBro

None of the new characters are really my style but they're all super fun and the game feels waaay more fresh just having them here. I was thinking about how I'd play Jedah vs. Monster Hunter at work earlier and realized "damn, it's incredibly fucking sick both these characters are in a Marvel vs. Capcom game in the first place". We're getting to the point where the game's roster has a pretty distinct identity from 3's.

I really hope this is just the start of support. Bring back everyone from 3, give me 20 more newcomers, give me some new stages ffs. I really want this game to reach a point where the roster is huge and there's a reason to play every character.

brian!

MY DUDES. BLACK PANTHER IS SO FUN. HOLY FUCK.

I was trying him out on a friend's ps4 and i knew i was gonna pick him up when i saw his wall fake out shit. His rekkas work really well with tags i think, you get a pretty simple and dirty mixup with the one that hits overhead

kiaaa

This Monster Hunter combo on Max's stream right now is bananas. Over 8k damage.

At first I just liked Monster Hunter's moves/design, but seeing that you can combo from launch straight into greatsword might be enough for me to pick her up. That combo looks awesome.

MrMephistoX

I'm not sold on BP's gameplay yet, but Sigma and MH are pretty cool in almost every aspect.

As if Zero players never not pushing buttons wasn't already the most obnoxious thing in the game.

I like them all especially Sigma and MH...her moves feel like MH controls (animation commitment) mapped to a fighter and it's just so weird that I'm in love. I'm even loving all the costumes...I'm playing into capcom's hands but they fixed the game with this content drop. It's a shitty business prop but they probably made the right business decision.

MrMephistoX

Crazy how 3 characters can breathe so much life into the game. They should have been there at launch.
That's my point I mean they should have been there at launch but I'm having so much fun with them and the costumes that I don't fucking care...it's like SFV and Killer Instinct I love the games in their current form but they were also shit at launch...this game should do free to play and conquer dipshits like me who buy everything.

NEO0MJ

That's my point I mean they should have been there at launch but I'm having so much fun with them and the costumes that I don't fucking care...it's like SFV and Killer Instinct I love the games in their current form but they were also shit at launch...this game should do free to play and conquer dipshits like me who buy everything.

It did the game no favor. The reason I'm mostly sad that they're not part of the main roster is that it hurts the future longevity of the game.

J-Tier

Guys, I'm having so much fun with all three new characters. BP in particular really jives with me. MH hits like a tank. Sigma's slashes persisting for a few seconds can probably alow for some really fun setups. All-in-all, I'm super happy.

And I got DmC Dante.

Durden77

The character DLC silhouettes on the character select screen should at least take you to character on the PSN store. Like comon.

But yeah, it's crazy what just 3 characters can bring to this game. Game is so damn good, each character adds 800 thousand gajillion options. I cannot wait to see this roster grow.

Skittles

The character DLC silhouettes on the character select screen should at least take you to character on the PSN store. Like comon.

But yeah, it's crazy what just 3 characters can bring to this game. Game is so damn good, each character adds 800 thousand gajillion options. I cannot wait to see this roster grow.
Man, I feel sorry for the balance team on capcom's side once the roster gets to like 40+. We're gonna get some broke ass chars by accident in a few dlc waves.

Wonder when the next costume pack will drop (since it says Wave 1 in char select). Hopefully they add more colors eventually too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
i still wonder how the character select screen will look like with the missing capcom character.

Best case scenario, there's a empty Capcom slot and the 4th Marvel character is alone in the next row, basically confirming more DLC.

JusDoIt

I’m so happy Panther’s DP is not a down, down move. It’s going to take me a minute to get comfortable with his wall cling cancels, but he feels great. Definitely running point with him for now on.

Dahbomb

Man everyone that Max is playing against is either using new characters or new costumes.

Capcom at least making monies from the few people who bought the game.

kirblar

So let me see if I got this straight. The character pass in the $90 version of the game has alternate costumes for ONLY the new characters and not the originals?! $30 extra is a season pass price. That should include everything!
It also includes the characters.

Thats exactly in line with the SFV season pass price.

$1/costume for the 30pack is perfectly fine.

Since you can cancel Monster Hunter's attacks with either the roll or stone surge, I think Power and Time are looking good on her. Power allows her to cover herself, especially if you end up whiffing a j.HP the wrong way, it will correct yourself and has a hitbox underneath her so it can tag people on the ground, and Time will allow her to gtfo, which might sound redundant with the roll but it has use in the air after throwing out normals or a downward bow shot. Soul surge seems like it would be ok, it can help you tag people and is generally safer than just letting whiffs play out, but since it is horizontal, someone probably can try to jump over it or be under you if you are in the air, but I guess you should decide to roll then. Even though soul surge utility seems lower than power or time for MH, the storm would make up for it, since it is pretty strong no matter the team. Though Time storm is pretty hilarious on her, just spam armor moves and hope one hits and combo into HP over and over.

Femto.

I love black panther but all I have is a measly 5.8k corner combo.

A lot of the stuff on twitter has really small OTG windows, rekka timings are small too (mid-combo/juggle stuff), and the LK wall cling cancel stuff is ruff mid combo for me. I can do it near the begging or end, but mid-combo and mid-screen? Forget it.

Time to grind it out forever in training mode until I go insane. I've yet to play online because I don't have a team I like yet. I don't even know the tech or how neutral works yet. BUT I AM FEELING JEDAH/BP.

shaowebb

Geez...Black Panther with Space stone equals some nasty crossups with his mobility and air stuff. Course thats everyone but still...

Sigma is goddamn incredible

Just kept doing stuff with him and thinking "What a silly character, why does he do this?"

So team Toy Story is a GO!

Tried the other two characters briefly and I cannot play those guys. Not for me, even though I've been looking forward to BP for the longest time.

Swmystery

Neo Member
I just completed Sigma mission 10. I just wanted to tell everyone that the notation literally lies. If you input the combo as it says, it will not work. You are given 4 bars and use 2 earlier in the combo. The only way to use a level 3 with 2 bars is to press STONE + TAG during infinity storm.... do not attempt to input the level 3 using the standard qcb.LK+HK notation because it will not work.

So fucked how much time I spent on this.

Thanks for the tip. Is there is a specific timing to the opening part involving the Storm activation -> Hand missiles/Ultron Drone? I can't get that part to connect properly.

Top Bottom