• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

nded

Aaand Steam is down for weekly maintenance. Resetting my expectations until further notice.

I̶'̶m̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶c̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶M̶v̶C̶I̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶C̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶u̶n̶l̶o̶c̶k̶s̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶d̶n̶i̶g̶h̶t̶.̶

Pundere

Does it cancel into dash/dive?
It does. Also I'm an idiot and didn't notice it's an overhead :p

My question now is how much armor do her supers have because if this is the case I say Arrow on the ball and then cancel into super and go through the fucking thing.
I doubt any of her supers would reach unless he does it point blank. You can, however, cancel into arrow super and then tag which could completely negate their pressure.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Sigma is pretty amazing as is panther but panthers skill ceiling seems high as fuck. I can't play mh well been trying just isn't working her everything seems off.

tribal24

Banned
WHO THE HELL THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?

L89q3g.gif

YASSSSSS girl better werk! screw dante

vg260

3. It'd be incredibly stupid from a business perspective to arbitrarily delay content that's finished. That would literally be sitting on money. It would also hurt because those DLC characters could bring people back into the game or generate new sales of the game.

Huh? It's incredibly stupid business to have content in the queue with more flexibility to strategically plan out your release schedule instead of having crunch time to release each piece of content the second it's done? That doesn't make sense.

Let's say they planned to have these six characters as DLC all along, and their sole reason for existing is to be sold as DLC. Then let's say, they were finished before the game launched.

So when do they release the DLC? Immediately because they are figuratively sitting on money? ...or spaced out a bit to give the game a boost once sales taper off a bit and also to not to piss people off with a ton of day one DLC?

You know what would be fantastic for a developer? If they could finish a crap ton of content and have a queue, so they have a cushion from crunch, and so they can time out the releases to maximize engagement over time. All while working on future stuff. Call me crazy, but that sounds like a better situation.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
this is in no way excusing Capcom, but thought it was interesting nonetheless, as a overview of how fucked the industry is right now (and related in the sense for those that still dont think the game had a shoestring budget)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449434

edit: also they really could have added that second Valkanda stage in with BP/MH :/

That's very interesting to read that. I feel bad for those workers. :\

WHO THE HELL THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?

L89q3g.gif

D4oiVjJ.gif

shaowebb

All these comments about how fun sigma is have me so hype!

Still an hour and a half till I get off work

;____;

You will ADORE this dude. Tanky as fuck and locks down like crazy. His knockdown stuff is legit as all hell and if you pair him with anyone with multihit tools, assist attacks or traps he becomes a blockstring machine. Tried him with Ultron and Jedah awhile ago and that shit is so offensive to watch. I'm afraid of what I'll find using him plus Dorm. I really wanna see what Flame Carpet, vines, or blackhole plus arc slashies look like in terms of frustration.

Whoever you were playing dump em. Make a team around this guy :D

Pundere

Lmao why can Monster Hunter get 6k solo off of full screen charged arrow.

Or nearly full screen (armoured) qcf+LP.

This character is so stupid I love it.

Zaverious

The hell are my costumes at. It says they're installed and I restarted the game.

Edit: I went to Account Management then Restore Licenses and it worked.

BP and Sigma came through fine but MH is unselectable even though she's bought via season pass. So after trying everything I'm now redownloading the game.

Kill.
Me.

(PS4 by the way)

Swmystery

Neo Member
Any of you Sigma addicts done his Missions yet? Mission 10 is driving me crazy. Can't seem to get the QCB + LK to come out correctly after the Storm activation.

Neoxon

Here's the description of Captain Marvel's Warbird costume on PSN.
While yes, Carol was originally Warbird, there's more to it. The costume is simply referred to as "Classic" in Marvel Heroes, with the name "Warbird" going to this skin in Marvel Heroes & Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2.
The only time the classic Carol-Ms. Marvel skin was ever called "Warbird" outside of MvCI was in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1. While it's far from definitive proof that Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) is coming to MvCI, it's at least a sign that Marvel & Capcom have Kamala in mind in terms of preventing confusion between her & Carol.

Special thanks to my friend Brandon for checking Captain Marvel's costume list in Marvel Heroes for me.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
MonHun: Slow startup on weak attacks makes it hard for her to be a direct rushdown. She doesn't have all the air mobility, but has some very creative ways to cover herself, and can basically convert off ANYTHING. Her command roll out of charges / risky stuff feels fantastic and is also a great combo tool, and an invincible dash once powered up, with quick ground-crossup silliness.

Being able to tag throw her out of armor kinda sucks, but if she uses it at hard-to-read times, and she tags in HER partner, it can lead to some basic crossup and hitstun pressure mixups.

Sigma: LOL. His single air dash feels very solid, and everything else he has feels LIKE A BOSS. Like literally, he feels like a character that you KNOW was at the end of a Mega Manly game or something. His stupid missile special is great; if someone jumps it, and tries to attack, the missiles will bounce off the wall, and counter the attack, giving you a combo.

He's really beginner-friendly, for this game, and he has great screen coverage for a guy like him. The Anime Trace-explosion-eye-laser Super doesn't even need to be there, but it's a great way to make sure sloppy tags from you rival, lead to damage on the retreater.

Black Panther: His stuff is very nice on paper. A good command sweep that hits low and can launch / combo out of, solid rekka chains that have good variations, and a super at pretty much each location you want it at.

The problem is he feels a lot more restrictive than the other 2. He can command dash out of his DP, but other than a DP loop, this... doesn't do anything great. His LK into HP kick Rekka somehow eats his "ground bounce" hit, so he can't combo out of it, His LP Rekka can be combo'd out of, but it's fickle at mid screen, and the recovery after hitting the move feels longer than similar moves (like Tony's Repulsor Blast). His F+HK command normal has some odd properties:
  • Cancel the first hit early, do ground moves.
  • Cancel the first hit late, do air moves.
  • Cancel the second hit, do higher-air aerial moves.
...but it doesn't seem to lead to anything TOO great. If he could do ground-loops out of this, it'd be nice, but it seems like a minor extension at best, so far.

The oddball hitstuff after his QCF+P Super is... why? You can Super-jump and tag another hit, and do that into QCB+K air super, but it doesn't do worthy damage. He also doesn't get a free super jump out of it, which would at least feel like it was designed for real follow-ups. If it combo'd into his QCF+K super, it'd be pretty nice, but the super is too slow to follow up!

He's the agile rushdown of this group, but I feel like he's needlessly hulking in certain recoveries, and his oddly fast normal jump doesn't make me feel like he gets in well. He feels like he has to put in a lot of odd work to get the kind of damage and mixup the other 2 get nearly for free, and I wish he had more personal synergy.

patchday

Given the excitement around the new characters...quick poll. Would you have been satisfied if this were the starting Roster?

Personally I'm a yes...3 original characters would have been a pretty nice balance with the returning roster and I wouldn't have been nearly as underwhelmed. When Sigma, Monster Hunter and Panther were rumored to be in the base roster I was more inclined to give Capcom a pass and wait for the Xmen...playing now the game is much more interesting than launch to me.

Makes me wonder though if it would have moved the needle on initial sales or if, from a business perspective, this was a smarter move since you're goosing sales with a $30 add on and nickle and diming with a small number of individuals aggregately spending more than the smaller handful of folks like me who were dumb enough to buy the CE.

Sucks for gamers but I'm seriously curious if this is the right business move assuming these packs sell enough to compensate for the initially low install base.

If every character from the zip leak was in base roster I know I would've been super excited

Negaduck

ASKDJHFLJKSDHFJKL
SDFLKJHSKDLJFHsd
[psdflkjhsdlfkjasdlkf
sd

YO THE CABLE KICK? TWO BOOTS TO THE DOME?

im so happy right now guys.

my basic idea is that. I will always use FB. I want to have my FB be crazy good. and i'll substitute sigma/jedah/ultron depending on what i need in the match up.

but im not against using a different combination of those 4 to win.

scratch that i was dumb.

kiaaa

Black Panther: His stuff is very nice on paper. A good command sweep that hits low and can launch / combo out of, solid rekka chains that have good variations, and a super at pretty much each location you want it at.

The problem is he feels a lot more restrictive than the other 2. He can command dash out of his DP, but other than a DP loop, this... doesn't do anything great. His LK into HP kick Rekka somehow eats his "ground bounce" hit, so he can't combo out of it, His LP Rekka can be combo'd out of, but it's fickle at mid screen, and the recovery after hitting the move feels longer than similar moves (like Tony's Repulsor Blast). His F+HK command normal has some odd properties:
...but it doesn't seem to lead to anything TOO great. If he could do ground-loops out of this, it'd be nice, but it seems like a minor extension at best, so far.

The oddball hitstuff after his QCF+P Super is... why? You can Super-jump and tag another hit, and do that into QCB+K air super, but it doesn't do worthy damage. He also doesn't get a free super jump out of it, which would at least feel like it was designed for real follow-ups. If it combo'd into his QCF+K super, it'd be pretty nice, but the super is too slow to follow up!

He's the agile rushdown of this group, but I feel like he's needlessly hulking in certain recoveries, and his oddly fast normal jump doesn't make me feel like he gets in well. He feels like he has to put in a lot of odd work to get the kind of damage and mixup the other 2 get nearly for free, and I wish he had more personal synergy.

I've labbed him for like, maybe 15 minutes, but it doesn't feel like he has the tools to be effective in this game. Damage is pretty low too compared to what other characters can get for comparatively simple shit.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I've labbed him for like, maybe 15 minutes, but it doesn't feel like he has the tools to be effective in this game. Damage is pretty low too compared to what other characters can get for comparatively simple shit.

Yeah, just feels like he's got more rules and restrictions to his kit than needed. MonHun's dagger dance- command roll- to a normal to pick-up is the same idea as Panther's LP rekka to DF+K for pick-up, but hers works easily and with little effort, and his is range-dependent and awkwardly stiff.

I definitely like him by concept, but I think he could be refined into something a bit better, just by balancing move properties and damage numbers. And the fact he has no forward-moving version of his command dash is... why? It's so telegraphed...

Jaeger

I think he's gonna do quite well, especially in a group. His speed is incredible. And he has some good mixup potential. And because of Infinite's quick tag system, he can capitalize on a confused/pressured appointment fairly easily.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I think he's gonna do quite well, especially in a group. His speed is incredible. And he has some good mixup potential. And because of Infinite's quick tag system, he can capitalize on a confused/pressured appointment fairly easily.

I don't know about "incredible"; his jump is pretty fast, his dash is fast, but not like something you can't replicate with wave dashing on many other characters. His rekka's have mixups that lead to confirms / tag pressure, but blocking right and doing and invincible super will blow he and the new point character up easily. He can potentially cross-over and trough with attacks, but I wish he had a simple dash to do this, too, like Wolverine, Frank, or even MonHun.

Dashing off the wall, and into his HP or LK -> HP can lend some decent pressure, but is it really better, or harder to read, than box and triangle dashes?

HIs command overhead is nice, but Gamora can do about the same thing with her HP sword Slash special which also has extensions, and her kit seems much more fit for this game than his.

I wasn't fiending for him to have Vibranium throwing daggers... But man, an in-air command dagger throw to fill-up the time between his wall-cling to dash would flow a lot more nicely.

Durden77

Yeah, he might get exposed later, but Sigma seems extremely good right now. Maybe a lil too good. I love it.

The other DLC characters are awesome too. People are doing way more with Monster Huner in particular than I thought. With her bulky ass, I kind of figured she may he dead in the water. But that lady's got a lot of tools, and people are usin em.

MH seems pretty short when she crouches. Her own instant overhead j.HK doesn't really work on her unless you short hop it, but it seems pretty hard since Down + j.HK is the bow shot in the air.

Is anyone having trouble connecting to ranked matches? I can do casual just fine, but ranked matches keep making the game give me an error or I get disconnected or something. Weird shit.

DarkDreamTCK

Neo Member
GG's darkdream!

I had to go or I'd keep playing.

Ggs man. I had you going for a while there them you came out with the Boss mode stuff. Those two work so well together it's scary.

Also thanks for the Sigma tech. Literally only just learned some of his moves and went straight online with him. Def gonna be stealing some of that.

MrMephistoX

You will ADORE this dude. Tanky as fuck and locks down like crazy. His knockdown stuff is legit as all hell and if you pair him with anyone with multihit tools, assist attacks or traps he becomes a blockstring machine. Tried him with Ultron and Jedah awhile ago and that shit is so offensive to watch. I'm afraid of what I'll find using him plus Dorm. I really wanna see what Flame Carpet, vines, or blackhole plus arc slashies look like in terms of frustration.

Whoever you were playing dump em. Make a team around this guy :D

Good call he sounds like a less obnoxiously cheap Sentinel...who I also paired with the Chunster and Lei Lei.

I've never been more willing and happy to buy a costume than the Ms. Marvel outfit. I love all of her looks, but this is my all time favorite comic book costume.

Top Bottom