• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

NotLiquid

What stones would you guys suggest using with Spencer and Chun Li? Right now I'm just trying to memorize buttons but I have no idea what stone is good or bad for those two.

I want to say Reality is the best stone for Spencer since he doesn't have a projectile to work with and he gets a good deal of mileage out of using his grapple in conjunction with the Infinity Storm. Power Stone is pretty good too, but he may not get as much utility out of the surge because he already has a wall bounce. Time Stone may be decent if only as a gimmick but you'd have to have a very selective team to get the most out of this one (which I think Chun-Li might work well with but I don't play her to know).

JayEH

WHO THE HELL THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?

L89q3g.gif

vg260

According to the SeamDB page, the DLC stuff was updating about 20 minutes ago so it looks like it's currently in process, but everything isn't fully up yet.

shaowebb

WHO THE HELL THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA?

L89q3g.gif

Thats amazing. I want to test that arrow vs Dorm Fire ball super and see if it can absorb all its hits on the off chance that it can somehow someway be a means to remove that stalking ball of bullshit from a fight. To my knowledge that fireball just keeps coming and is the end all be all interrupter. I'd love to see myself proven wrong and see it dethroned though. Then I can imagine Monster Hunter yelling "run! RUN!" instead of him lol.

Jaeger

I didn't mind the amount of available characters at launch too much. And once the characters chosen started to warm up on me I was fine with some of the normal characters (Doom, X-Men, etc) not returning right now too. But yea, having at least the 6 DLC guys now would have been sweet, but from my understanding they were not ready. We still have yet to see anything on Venom, Widow and Winter Soldier outside of the hacked concept art.

Btw, all three DLC guys play GOOD. Stark contrast to the trash that was the two DLC characters of Ultimate.

shaowebb

I didn't mind the amount of available characters at launch too much. And once the characters chosen started to warm up on me I was fine with some of the normal characters (Doom, X-Men, etc) not returning right now too. But yea, having at least the 6 DLC guys now would have been sweet, but from my understanding they were not ready. We still have yet to see anything on Venom, Widow and Winter Soldier outside of the hacked concept art.

Btw, all three DLC guys play GOOD. Stark contrast to the trash that was the two DLC characters of Ultimate.

Legit hoping its Flash Thompson Venom with stance change that turns him big buff and monstery into his old moveset from MVC2. That way we'd have the nice stuff of old plus all the nice projectiles and shit from that slick reimagining of the character.

No clue what I want from the other two though. Maybe Trish Traps as a tool for at least Widow or Soldier. I'd like to see more of that tool return to this game. I'd really love for Winter Soldier to have a charge punch like Shen Woo's that was armored during the charge and that at full charge could cause a crumple and go through shit. That way I'd have a nice character who could cancel into a hit of armor and force respect similar to old KoF 13 Shen Woo.

f@luS

More than a member.
I didn’t play the game much just finished story. Bought deluxe. I got dlc characters right ? But no costumes ? They’re insanely expensive aren’t they ?

Pundere

Thats amazing. I want to test that arrow vs Dorm Fire ball super and see if it can absorb all its hits on the off chance that it can somehow someway be a means to remove that stalking ball of bullshit from a fight. To my knowledge that fireball just keeps coming and is the end all be all interrupter. I'd love to see myself proven wrong and see it dethroned though. Then I can imagine Monster Hunter yelling "run! RUN!" instead of him lol.
Just tried it. The arrow completely ignores the ball and hits Dorm.

What I love most about this batch of DLC is how much personality they all have. They all feel the way I would expect these characters to feel.

People give Capcom shit for the functions thing, myself included, but none of these characters really make me feel like I'm playing a function. They feel authentic and true to their points of origin. If this is what we can expect going forward, I am excited for the future of the game, however long that turns out to be.

Weiss

Banned
I would have been fine with a small roster if it were mostly new, or a reused roster with at least 40 characters.

Having only 30 characters with six new models is ridiculous. At the very least the first batch of DLC characters should have been in the base product.

NotLiquid

Sigma and MonHun are definitely some of the most creatively realized crossover fighters in the entire roster. I don't mind them being DLC, but I have a feeling if they were in here from the start, most people would be seeing this game's strength a lot more.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
But yea, having at least the 6 DLC guys now would have been sweet, but from my understanding they were not ready. We still have yet to see anything on Venom, Widow and Winter Soldier outside of the hacked concept art.

If people with garbage sources that's leaks contradict with things verifiable in the released game itself, S1 DLC characters were complete before the game came out

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
If people with garbage sources that's leaks contradict with things verifiable in the released game itself, S1 DLC characters were complete before the game came out
Fixed for accuracy.

No one should be perpetuating garbage leaks, even if it paints an otherwise likely scenario for the game. No reason to stop being critical of half-assed rumour-mongering now that the game has come out.

f@luS

More than a member.
The costumes are a good deal if you buy all 30 of them. Comes out to $1 a pop

Lmao, get fucked dorm
So one alt costume per characters is worth half the price of the game ? Should be a 10 dollar dlc for all costumes imho. Well ...

Skittles

If people with sources are to be believed, S1 DLC characters were complete before the game came out
The problem with this sentiment is
1. It's literally one guy saying this and he's been banned on GAF before for doubling down on incorrect information
2. There's literally nothing in the game's files that support it
3. It'd be incredibly stupid from a business perspective to arbitrarily delay content that's finished. That would literally be sitting on money. It would also hurt because those DLC characters could bring people back into the game or generate new sales of the game.

So one alt costume per characters is worth half the price of the game ? Should be a 10 dollar dlc for all costumes imho. Well ...
It's cheap compared to the industry standard

Pundere

Ball still persists after it makes it out the other side though correct?
Correct, though the ball has so much recovery he has to tag out or you can easily arrow through it post super freeze.

Edit: On the topic of MH, what exactly is the use of her f+LP command normal? It doesn't cancel into anything except supers.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Correct, though the ball has so much recovery he has to tag out or you can easily arrow through it post super freeze.

Edit: On the topic of MH, what exactly is the use of her f+LP command normal? It doesn't cancel into anything except supers.

Does it cancel into dash/dive?

shaowebb

My question now is how much armor do her supers have because if this is the case I say Arrow on the ball and then cancel into super and go through the fucking thing.

Top Bottom