• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Dartastic

Hrm. I wonder who of the new DLC characters has the best synergy with Spider-Man. I'm still trying to figure that out. I'm all over the place still and haven't put much work in because I'm not really digging many of the characters yet. I feel like I'm just using Captain Marvel because it's just easy to quick blow all over the screen and landing a hit. I'm not really enjoying her much.

DarkDreamTCK

Neo Member
Finally gonna get to use Sigma X. Been wanting this team ever since I saw that they were gonna make him a big body.

Sigmaah you better watch out bud.

brian!

Hrm. I wonder who of the new DLC characters has the best synergy with Spider-Man. I'm still trying to figure that out. I'm all over the place still and haven't put much work in because I'm not really digging many of the characters yet. I feel like I'm just using Captain Marvel because it's just easy to quick blow all over the screen and landing a hit. I'm not really enjoying her much.

From the lil snippets ive seen id say monster hunter.

Sigmaah

Finally gonna get to use Sigma X. Been wanting this team ever since I saw that they were gonna make him a big body.

Sigmaah you better watch out bud.

I'm gonna be playing this team too, it's dream teams out here boi!

I played a set with a guy with X/Sigma and my god is it good.

DarkDreamTCK

Neo Member
I'm gonna be playing this team too, it's dream teams out here boi!

I played a set with a guy with X/Sigma and my god is it good.

Oh that's great. I feel like Sigma was gonna end up being exactly what I needed; Haggar with movement options, speed, and a solid way to deal with projectiles.

We should def play a set tonight.

Sigmaah

Oh that's great. I feel like Sigma was gonna end up being exactly what I needed; Haggar with movement options, speed, and a solid way to deal with projectiles.

We should def play a set tonight.

Ya let's deff play so we can learn off each other.

I'm personally liking Sigma/Zero and Sigma/Ultron a lot.

I'll be using Zero/Sigma maybe Sigma/Zero as my main team but shit all my main teams are gonna be MMX based lmao.

2 green plasma sword wielders, I LOVE IT.

Vic_Viper

You have to individually go to each character in the store and "download" them, I think. It's the dumbest.

Yeah tried that lol thanks. Super weird and incredibly dumb.

That Doctor Strange costume is so good, much better than the og costume! Also really like the Hawkeye and Iron Man. Doubt ill buy any of them, but those are my favs by far.

Sigmaah

6.2K+ solo sigma combo that can bring u from corner to corner and can lead into mixup after with zero (or whoever ur partner is).The combo is fun af and it looks dope too. OMFG.

I'm so happy.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
This is so silly, has any other season pass ever done this?

None as far as I know. I think it gives credence to the idea that they hadn't finalized which of the DLC character were going to be in the pass/there replaced a DLC character with one meant to release later.

Either that or the people that handle Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite continue to just be the most bumbling, incompetent people under Capmpcom's employ

patchday

I really want to buy Monster Hunter and the Dante costume.

But it irks me that they could have put some of the effort from this DLC into improving the menus or anything else about the game we already spent $60 on. Kind of makes me not want to give them any more money.

yes the menus are ass no one will disagree with you. But- I much rather have some bug fixes (which they already confirmed is coming) and new content honestly.

Hell, these menus can stay shit forever+ if they confirm X-men/Doom and other popular characters in the future. I mean assuming the population holds up til then.

1 bar? If so I'm gonna need this footage :p I realize that's kinda average but it would be nice to have something to learn off.

wat

Apparently letting go during some of her charge moves gives her more damage or something? It has a different shine or something.

None as far as I know. I think it gives credence to the idea that they hadn't finalized which of the DLC character were going to be in the pass/there replaced a DLC character with one meant to release later.

Either that or the people that handle Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite continue to just be the most bumbling, incompetent people under Capmpcom's employ

Damn fam calm down lmao

Injustice 2 requires you to download the characters (and premium costumes like Reverse Flash) from the store on PSN, even with the season pass. I agree with you that it's silly.

I really like MH and BP. I probably won't use MH too much but her overhead that swings through attacks is badass and her range is nuts. My kid loves her.

I might main Panther. Definitely a great Wolverine function

Skittles

Yooooo sigma has a ghetto "dive kick"(qcb.lp in air) that hits high and is slow enough that you can tag and hit a low with your other char

Zero-ELEC

Banned
By the way, Steam no longer has a due date for the DLCs. Their estimated time came and went and nothing happened.

It's probably going to release a day late like the game itself.

MrMephistoX

yes the menus are ass no one will disagree with you. But- I much rather have some bug fixes (which they already confirmed is coming) and new content honestly.

Hell, these menus can stay shit forever+ if they confirm X-men/Doom and other popular characters in the future. I mean assuming the population holds up til then.

Me too the menus look like shit but it's not like they're non-functiona, glitchyl or detract from the game in any way. I'd much rather see resources pulled into the DLC and costumes assuming they sell well. Capcom seems to be doing well with SFV so I can't imagine an Xmen pack would be anything but pure profit considering all the dev work is basically done if they just port the missing X-men from UMvC3 to test the waters and then branch out from there. Wolverine and Storm alone would probably quiet a lot of the player base but man do I miss Sentinel...Sigma might be a decent replacement though.

Hell while we're on the topic of recycling I wonder how easy it wold be to just port over some fan favorite UMvC3 stages?

Rhapsody

Banned
Still waiting on Steam...

Want to see if I can make any of the three work well with Jedah. I still have fun with Dante, but I want to branch out a bit lol

NEO0MJ

At least you don't have to jump through ingame hoops just to make the DLC accessible like DS1. "You must defeat Justin Wong if you stand a chance at selecting Sigma"

"Yo, I have a great idea. How about we hide the key to the expansion in a late game crystal golem no one cares about killing anymore and hide the gate in an area people won't bother checking again after they kill the Hydra there?

Me too the menus are shit but it's not like they're not functional or detract from the game in any way. I'd much rather see resources pulled into the DLC and costumes assuming they sell well. Capcom seems to be doing well with SFV so I can't imagine an Xmen pack would be anything but pure profit considering all the dev work is basically done if they just port the missing X-men from UMvC3 to test the waters and then branch out from there. Wolverine and Storm alone would probably quiet a lot of the player base but man do I miss Sentinel...Sigma might be a decent replacement though.

I agree that, in general, the menus are not a big deal, but at the very least, I feel they should make everything less choppy and slow. It really does detract from the experience that the cursor is so unresponsive on the character select screen.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Damn fam calm down lmao
Nah, but seriously, think about it. At every single turn there's a misstep. A small one or a big one or whatever.

They move the competitive streams out of their most popular streaming channel, they don't upload the Spider-Man DLC costume video to their channel, they release huge high quality renders of really bad models, they release tiny-ass blurry renders of good models, you have to "download" the DLC characters separately even if you have the season pass (which should give you the licences) and the data is already on your console, the game (and DLC now) came out a day late than advertised on Steam, characters are functions, "huge roster", minimum effort menus, they don't mention that the costume pass comes with all character's costumes, etc.

It's the perfect storm of fucking things up.

Nah, but seriously, think about it. At every single turn there's a misstep. A small one or a big one or whatever.

They move the competitive streams out of their most popular streaming channel, they don't upload the Spider-Man DLC costume video to their channel, they release huge high quality renders of really bad models, they release tiny-ass blurry renders of good models, you have to "download" the DLC characters separately even if you have the season pass (which should give you the licences) and the data is already on your console, the game (and DLC now) came out a day late than advertised on Steam, characters are functions, "huge roster", minimum effort menus, they don't mention that the costume pass comes with all character's costumes, etc.

It really is and it makes me so sad.

NEO0MJ

Plus even though the character and costume pass technically makes them cheaper than buying stuff individually, combined they're still the price of an entirely new game, and the content will be available within three months of the game launching.

Durden77

Yo X's abilty to cancel out of his buster dashes into other specials (including another buster) changes EVERYTHING. Been playing him since launch but just started fucking with this tech. So cool.

It's amazing how they continue to get in their own way every single time.

Yo X's abilty to cancel out of his buster dashes into other specials (including another buster) changes EVERYTHING. Been playing him since launch but just started fucking with this tech. So cool.

I still don't get how to do this notation wise. I feel like I've done it before but it's not constant enough. How are you performing it?

You aren't wrong in the fact that this game has been handled horribly, and those instances are just a huge snowball of garbage that pick up more as it rolls down the hill. But when ya reach for conspiracy theories it's less about the game fumbles and more about finding fumbles and making them taller than they need to be.

Sometimes it's just Capcom fucking up and there's no Pepe Siliva

Top Bottom