• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Seyavesh

every single char w flight and an airdash can do this with jlk and its what they should've been doing off lockdown supers bc it leads to unreactable 50/50 instead of garbage slow trijumps

you don't get as many bc jedah's ability to use jlp and airdash momentum when canceled w normals doesnt fall as far

yes that includes the crossup jhk/hp as well, only thing is hitbox doesn't hit w most chars normals due to speed or lack of backwards hitbox

i think prob ultron and nova can have em hit but need to adjust height somewhere

Did they get new faces in this patch, like Chun Li before the game was released? Or is it just the costumes that have different models for the face?

Looks to me like they actually tried this time with the DLC models. Nothing's changed for the defaults.

Thor and Cap both looked meh in the DLC costume renders but I think they look fine in-game.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Looks to me like they actually tried this time with the DLC models. Nothing's changed for the defaults.

Thor and Cap both looked meh in the DLC costume renders but I think they look fine in-game.
That's just the angles and lighting, they still have the same faces. Their proportions are still horrible.

PSqueak

Banned
Guys, im on PS4, have the season pass, yet the characters are on the select screen but i cannot select them.

Also it appears that the costumes and individual characters are not up on PSN.

Anybody knows what's up?

NEO0MJ

Guys, im on PS4, have the season pass, yet the characters are on the select screen but i cannot select them.

Also it appears that the costumes and individual characters are not up on PSN.

Anybody knows what's up?

It's still not officially up in all regions. Check after a few hours.

I think the Captain America alt actually looks pretty great in action. Like his face looks pretty fine. His proportions are kinda weird still but a lot of interpretations of Captain America are pretty jacked so that's not exactly wrong to the source material.

DmC Dante actually makes me want to play that character.

Making counter tag a burst that combo breaks and can be used at anytime to escape a mixup would solve a lot of problems.

Lmited use, gives the defender options and solves some of the set play problem.

If not counter tag then reality storm could be given the burst and allow it to be used during hitstun and blockstun. Or maybe give that ability to some of the lesser used/low tier stones.

Negaduck

Which counter tag was that?

Not sure if they are talking about TAC breaks, but me personally. I wish they kept the Mechanic from the early event betas.

If you guessed the tac direction correctly, you basically stole the combo from the opponent and then you knocked them up for a tac combo. Would have made going for a TAC infinite super high risk but high reward.

Sayad

Which counter tag was that?
Ability to tag in an assist that stays as the active character while in block stun at the cost of 1 meter. Outside very few specific assists, it was useless.

They shouldn't have gotten rid of that counter tag mechanic from the last game.
Wouldn't fit in this game, since tagging in during lockdown pressure is just asking for a happy birthday, while being able to tag in to punish any move with more than 5 frames of recovery would require revising the whole game's frame data around that.

Ability to tag in an assist that stays as the active character while in block stun at the cost of 1 meter. Outside very few specific assists, it was useless.

Wouldn't fit in this game, since tagging in during lockdown pressure is just asking for a happy birthday, while being able to tag in to punish any move with more than 5 frames of recovery would require revising the whole game's frame data around that.

That's why giving a high cost (maybe 3 meters? Idk) burst tag that basically throws the opponent into a spinout that you can use during blockstun or hitstun would help with some of the lockdown from tag during super.

Neoxon

Zeku looks 10x more interesting than the entire DLC set for this shitpile
latest

NotLiquid

MonHun feels really odd. The wind ups to her attacks, the way her hitboxes feel kinda janky (her aerial Hyper seems to be able to pick up characters below her really easily) and how her BnBs are somewhat unorthodox is going to take time to get used to. Half of the time it feels like the opponent is going to fall out of my combos when I do them; hell there seemed to be a surprising window for many of her moves in the challenge mode where I managed to complete them despite it looking like the hits shouldn't have worked.

Vic_Viper

Downloading the update now! Bought the Character Pass when the game came out and have been waiting to play the game until now aside from dabbling throught he arcade mode a bit.

They really picked the worst Cap costume ever with the Gladiator costume lol. I like most of the others but man that is a horrible costume. It might be basic, but I would have much preferred something like this:

guile%2007.jpg

Neoxon

Downloading the update now! Bought the Character Pass when the game came out and have been waiting to play the game until now aside from dabbling throught he arcade mode a bit.

They really picked the worst Cap costume ever with the Gladiator costume lol. I like most of the others but man that is a horrible costume. It might be basic, but I would have much preferred something like this:

guile%2007.jpg
That costume was already used in UMvC3.

patchday

oh joy, was planning to leave work early today to come home to play with DLC but just noticed there's an optional presentation sometime later today that I should probably stay for

Climb corporate ladder or go home early to play games... first world probs I guess. Well will just camp this thread for news

Neoxon

oh joy, was planning to leave work early today to come home to play with DLC but just noticed there's an optional presentation sometime later today that I should probably stay for

Climb corporate ladder or go home early to play games... first world probs I guess. Well will just camp this thread for news
Climb the corporate latter so you can afford more games. You made the right choice.

It's out on PS4 - just downloaded the costume pass and season pass but they still don't show up in my game.

Every costume/costume pack and character became "free" after buying both passes on PSN so do I have to download them all manually? If that's the case, I'll just download the 3 costume packs and 3 characters to make it easier.

It's out on PS4 - just downloaded the costume pass and season pass but they still don't show up in my game.

Every costume/costume pack and character became "free" after buying both passes on PSN so do I have to download them all manually? If that's the case, I'll just download the 3 costume packs and 3 characters to make it easier.

Yeah. You need to download the free items separately.

Top Bottom