• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Zero-ELEC

Banned
You aren't wrong in the fact that this game has been handled horribly, and those instances are just a huge snowball of garbage that pick up more as it rolls down the hill. But when ya reach for conspiracy theories it's less about the game fumbles and more about finding fumbles and making them taller than they need to be.

Sometimes it's just Capcom fucking up and there's no Pepe Siliva

I ain't going for conspiracy theories, tho. All I'm saying is that that's a lot of consistent fuck-ups. Like this is the outlier of fuck-ups, shit's outside the standard deviation of fuck-ups.

I ain't going for conspiracy theories, tho. All I'm saying is that that's a lot of consistent fuck-ups. Like this is the outlier of fuck-ups, shit's outside the standard deviation of fuck-ups.

I mean, yeah, but it ain't like the first thing you said tbh because that takes some red lines on a bulletin board.

vg260

Sure, but having to download pieces of content from a pass bundle as free items manually on PS4 is pretty common and shouldn't really be lumped in with the legit missteps.

As far as Steam goes, no idea what's happening there with the DLC delay.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I mean, yeah, but it ain't like the first thing you said tbh because that takes some red lines on a bulletin board.
Sure, but having to download pieces of content from a pass bundle as free items manually on PS4 is pretty common and shouldn't really be lumped in with the legit missteps.
Fair enough. I'd never heard of that happening, so I just assumed Capcom shenanigans. Mea culpa.

As far as Steam goes, no idea what's happening there with the DLC delay.
Honestly this is probably what set me off. They literally had an estimated time.

Where's Wbacon when you need 'em?

patchday

I agree that, in general, the menus are not a big deal, but at the very least, I feel they should make everything less choppy and slow. It really does detract from the experience that the cursor is so unresponsive on the character select screen.

Well I consider that a bug that should be fixed in a timely manner I agree

shaowebb

Okay the character I feel the most for me personally is either Black Panther or Sigma. Monster Hunter is great and once you use the demon super and get the buff her mobility and setups get way better. Mainly her armor and her hitboxes are her big thing so she's easy to pickup combos with. I just dont see her locking shit down though and I can see her dying hard vs time stone or teleports in general that lead to pressure.

Sigma feels like the biggest, bossest threat of the three. His ability to put those slashes that persist on the screen two at a time is huge. He has great big hitboxes and can punish most shit and in general he can pick up a combo off anything. His biggest deal for me that makes me believe in him is that his knockdown game to setup shit is fucking scary. You get hit one time and you are gonna be hard pressed to ever get back up and away from him. He's a tag combo gem and him+ reality stone or ultron drones, or Rocket traps or Jedah scythes, or Dormammu black holes...just all of it works for insane blockstrings and combos! If you use space stone plus this guy folks will hate you for LIFE.

Black Panther is amazing rushdown but his supers are a bit meh. I think he has great rekkas and mobility and his pressure is sick once he's in. My god the mobility is something I cannot praise enough. He can bounce from wall to floor to wall over and over and at any time he can cancel into air attacks or ground attacks into full rekkas that can end in multiple states for both him and you. Wish he had more OTGs but thats just me. Feels sorta like...hell I dunno...I can't find a comparison. He's not iron fist or strider or X23 or Jill or anyone. He's his own guy. Justin Wong would love this guy. I wanna see if I can't use another dude with a long super that locks down and then go for Panther's super where he jumps off screen and then dives down. Damned thing dont hit on the way up like Hulk or anything so I'm at a loss how to really use this as it lets folks recover easily before it can land. His supers are all pretty reactable though so no raw shit stuff allowed lol. They seem good enough for combos though.

So far I'm torn between Black Panther and Sigma. Sigma would probably be the most mileage but Panther rushdown is siiiiiiiiiiick.

Durden77

I still don't get how to do this notation wise. I feel like I've done it before but it's not constant enough. How are you performing it?

After buster fire, press LP to dash forwward. Anytime during this dash, you can cancel into any other special move. You can hop backwards too, but you can only cancel the landing.

Also Sigma legit seems kind of cheap lol. Dude is so intense in a lot of ways. These characters are so cool though. Just had a really good fight with a super sick Monster Hunter/Iron Man team. She can tack damage onto beam supers like crazy.

smurfx

get some go again
so you can't push block sigmas projectiles either? sigh i'm getting tired of this game. maybe i should just wait for the super or ultimate version. i haven't found anything about it i like and i don't feel like exploring the new characters either because in the end i dislike how the game plays.

shaowebb

After buster fire, press LP to dash forwward. Anytime during this dash, you can cancel into any other special move. You can hop backwards too, but you can only cancel the landing.

Also Sigma legit seems kind of cheap lol. Dude is so intense in a lot of ways. These characters are so cool though. Just had a really good fight with a super sick Monster Hunter/Iron Man team. She can tack damage onto beam supers like crazy.

Agreed. Sigma just feels like a legit damned threat no matter what he's doing. I keep thinking I'd looooooooove to try him and Jedah on a team together with Space stone. He just feels so good and hits like a damned tank. That coupled with the shenanigans that Jedah has and its gorgeous. I bet I could lock someone down for days with those two.

so you can't push block sigmas projectiles either? sigh i'm getting tired of this game. maybe i should just wait for the super or ultimate version. i haven't found anything about it i like and i don't feel like exploring the new characters either because in the end i dislike how the game plays.

If you find yourself constantly getting frustrated so often, there's really no point in continuing to play. No reason to try and warm up to something you're not having fun with.

Swmystery

Neo Member
Just picked up Sigma, he looks awesome. It's going to take a long time for me to get over him not being in the base roster.

It's also going to take a long time for me to clear his Mission 10...

OHHHHH it's just the normal command dashing but using more moves. I thought it was cancelling the dash or something to make another dash or some crazy technical shit.

Skittles

? You can def reflect his missles

MrMephistoX

Given the excitement around the new characters...quick poll. Would you have been satisfied if this were the starting Roster?

Personally I'm a yes...3 original characters would have been a pretty nice balance with the returning roster and I wouldn't have been nearly as underwhelmed. When Sigma, Monster Hunter and Panther were rumored to be in the base roster I was more inclined to give Capcom a pass and wait for the Xmen...playing now the game is much more interesting than launch to me.

Makes me wonder though if it would have moved the needle on initial sales or if, from a business perspective, this was a smarter move since you're goosing sales with a $30 add on and nickle and diming with a small number of individuals aggregately spending more than the smaller handful of folks like me who were dumb enough to buy the CE.

Sucks for gamers but I'm seriously curious if this is the right business move assuming these packs sell enough to compensate for the initially low install base.

For my part I think it would have taken the full 6 extra dlc characters for me to fully be satisfied with the roster. These 3 are a great enough addition to say it feels like it's 'getting there' but I think portioning out 6 characters a few months after release as DLC was a bad move from the jump.

I feel like having these characters in right off the bat would've much better in the long-run. It really does sting having them as DLC. Like, I just wish Capcom did so many things differently to eliminate this perception that MVCI has over it.

Ryce

Given the excitement around the new characters...quick poll. Would you have been satisfied if this were the starting Roster?

Personally I'm a yes...3 original characters would have been a pretty nice balance with the returning roster and I wouldn't have been nearly as underwhelmed. When Sigma, Monster Hunter and Panther were rumored to be in the base roster I was more inclined to give Capcom a pass and wait for the Xmen...playing now the game is much more interesting than launch to me.

Makes me wonder though if it would have moved the needle on initial sales or if, from a business perspective, this was a smarter move since you're goosing sales with a $30 add on and nickle and diming with a small number of individuals aggregately spending more than the smaller handful of folks like me who were dumb enough to buy the CE.

Sucks for gamers but I'm seriously curious if this is the right business move assuming these packs sell enough to compensate for the initially low install base.
I'd have been satisfied (not elated -- merely satisfied) if the game launched with all six 2017 DLC characters. The base roster needed to have been on par with MvC3.

I dont really understand what she's supposed to do if she doesn't have it

I think the only change is gamora's guns beating supers. It really shouldn't be that way since they are spending a resource against something she does for free, especially level 3s. Also I think there was a vid where she can't get grabbed during them (it was the grounded shots, she is grab invulnerable at the beginning of it for some reason, Haggar's arms go right through her. She becomes grab vulnerable around the second shot or so.), which is pretty messed up.

brian!

I think the only change is gamora's guns beating supers. It really shouldn't be that way since they are spending a resource against something she does for free, especially level 3s. Also I think there was a vid where she can't get grabbed during them (it was the grounded shots, she is grab invulnerable at the beginning of it for some reason, Haggar's arms go right through her. She becomes grab vulnerable around the second shot or so.), which is pretty messed up.

Yeah i dont mind them fixing it up, i just think her whole advancing w/ guns stuff is pretty core to her

I dunno how i feel about the guns beating supers thing tho

Which properties?

I don't mind the no pushblock...but that durability seems silly. At least on her jump f+lk. I wouldn't mind if it stuck around one get qcf+hk though.

Just the ones that let her be relentless w/ the guns

MrMephistoX

I'd have been satisfied (not elated -- merely satisfied) if the game launched with all six 2017 DLC characters. The base roster needed to have been on par with MvC3.

I agree but I'm somewhat more content now whereas I was just kinda bored for the first week until I started playing around and getting decent with Jedah and Chun-Li: other than that I was bored. I'd honestly be kind of okay if they split the initially planned 6 pack but holding back all 6 was too much especially with MH, Sigma and BP in story mode. Oh well it's like SFV I hardly remember what it felt like playing with the default roster I've gotten so used to the Season 1 pack being there and now Season 2 wrapping up with Zeku...but it really sucked at launch.

vg260

Same.

The initial package was lackluster, and these six make it feel like it should have felt at launch.

nded

Yeah I'm on PC. No download button anywhere in steam store.

I̶'̶m̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶c̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶M̶v̶C̶I̶ ̶l̶a̶u̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶C̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶u̶n̶l̶o̶c̶k̶s̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶d̶n̶i̶g̶h̶t̶.̶

it's out now

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this is in no way excusing Capcom, but thought it was interesting nonetheless, as a overview of how fucked the industry is right now (and related in the sense for those that still dont think the game had a shoestring budget)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449434

edit: also they really could have added that second Valkanda stage in with BP/MH :/

What stones would you guys suggest using with Spencer and Chun Li? Right now I'm just trying to memorize buttons but I have no idea what stone is good or bad for those two.

Top Bottom