• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

FinKL

This is my first MVC I've played seriously and this is really fun but so freaking hard my longest combo so far is like 9 hits.

You'll get it once you start learning the formula of a combo.

I'm sure the trials are a good start too albeit quite hard for a newcomers

You'll get it once you start learning the formula of a combo.

I'm sure the trials are a good start too albeit quite hard for a newcomers

I'll try those I'm used to SF and Injustice 2 so far I found Hagar is the character I have the easiest time with since I'm used to grapplers from SF.

no word yet on framerate or possible input lag between the console versions? also which console would be most of the community?

PS4 is always the lead console for fighting games. Whether it's actually the "best version" from a technical standpoint though is completely unknown. It actually took a while before people found out the PS3 version of Ultimate was worse than the 360 version.

PS4 would be the most popular. The Xbox version probably has 5 frames of lag and PS4 6 based off the demo.

will that extra frame be noticeable? i'm trying to decide which version to get, and i've noticed that the exhibitions and streams they were using the ps4 version. I assume that'll be the tournament standard.

RocBase

I do hope that if this game doesn't bomb and is actually supporter it'll get a facelift down the line, maybe as a season 2 thing. Maybe I'm too hopeful.

I perso don't see them bothering with updating the current characters, but I'd certainly welcome it.

At least the new ones look appealing, so we can at least be content with the notion that no one else will suffer the same fate.

Preloading is the worst. I really need to stop using it.

I downloaded the whole 55gigs much faster than this whole unpacking thing has taken, haha.

Can't wait to get home from work and finish the Story mode and start tackling the Missions in the evening. Such a weird game to get into after spending years playing Ultimate!

Cancel your dash by crouching then dash again.

Easier said than done for me since they drastically changed the timing from Marvel 3 (where you could just mash it, more or less).

patchday

Just picked up my copy and installing it now. Guess I'll start the patch update too before heading back to work. So I'll finally be able to play when I get off from work later

If it wasn't for such a huge day 1 patch I'd not bother returning to work and just stay home to play thru campaign, lab, and hop right online....

TheShah

The game stutters like crazy when in full screen mode. And there is no borderless window mode.

Loving the mission mode in the game though. It's the one mode injustice and Tekken need to copy from here on out.

JayEH

Beat arcade and got both colors nice.

will that extra frame be noticeable? i'm trying to decide which version to get, and i've noticed that the exhibitions and streams they were using the ps4 version. I assume that'll be the tournament standard.

PS4 will be the standard. The extra frame won't make that much of a difference unless you're a pro and constantly switching between versions and it's messing with specific combo timing.

patchday

no word yet on framerate or possible input lag between the console versions? also which console would be most of the community?

most gafs will be on PS4 so we can play together. Not to mention your fighting competitions usually occur on ps4 which is a factor if you go to local events. LAstly, you get ps4 exclusive skins. This is a no brainer here.

All that said, I would've gotten PC ver if cdkeys snafu didnt occur (region is Europe). Still will probably get PC ver later if Ultimate edition ever goes on sale. but for now its ps4 deluxe

brian!

The game stutters like crazy when in full screen mode. And there is no borderless window mode.

Loving the mission mode in the game though. It's the one mode injustice and Tekken need to copy from here on out.

Yeah this game hates fullscreen for some reason, hope it gets fixed soon

Tizoc

For the love of all that is holy can we please get mods to change the music at least?
At least the music?
For starters?

Also why does the meter go up to 4? That's...a VERY odd number to max out on.

dunno what it is but i get constant stuttering on pc

On my end the game load times are rather long, like I was playing arcade mode and the loading between versus screen and the stage is something around 10 or so seconds. Wonder what's causing this?

The core mechanics are definitely a lot of fun and honestly, in motion, the visuals don’t look bad.

Now static shots and close ups are a different matter entirely but overall it’s not hideous, unless you make the mistake of placing it right next to Injustice 2.

nded

God, I hope someone figures out a chromatic aberration fix on PC.

It's UE4, right?

r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringe.Max 0

I figured I'd spend some time after work poking around in the ini files, but I'm confident someone will figure it out before I even get home.

The core mechanics are definitely a lot of fun and honestly, in motion, the visuals don’t look bad.

Now static shots and close ups are a different matter entirely but overall it’s not hideous, unless you make the mistake of placing it right next to Injustice 2.

IJ2 and MVCI are like... polar opposites in terms of visual presentation. IJ2 really looks next gen, especially their face tech. Infinite looks very firmly last gen in comparison. Then on the animation side Infinite just looks incredible even when you have four characters on screen and particles and colors shooting everywhere and IJ2 looks like... well, a netherrealm game.

FinKL

Did anyone get their Deluxe edition costumes from GMG?

I just launched the game remotely and it was the first popup when I got to the main menu screen.

If you got the deluxe edition, it's all one code, just make sure the DLC checkboxes are ticked as mine auto downloaded

Astral

So I'm not the best Marvel player out there. I'm average at best so I might get some shit for this but, am I wrong to assume that the majority of UMVC3 relied on getting that first hit and going into the same aerial combo? That's what it felt like when I played it but maybe that was just on me for playing that way. I'm just wondering if this is anything like that or if I was just playing the game wrong all along.

Just tried it out and maybe that's just an issue with my PC but HOLY HELL THOSE LOADING TIMES, GOD DAMN!
It took me 2-3 minutes to play a match in fucking Training Mode, what is this!

I will try again tomorrow, maybe it really was just an isolated caching problem or whatever (certainly felt like it) but god. damn.

Other than that it at least plays wonderfully. Still gotta totally relearn the controls after years of UMvC3.

kirblar

So I'm not the best Marvel player out there. I'm average at best so I might get some shit for this but, am I wrong to assume that the majority of UMVC3 relied on getting that first hit and going into the same aerial combo? That's what it felt like when I played it but maybe that was just on me for playing that way. I'm just wondering if this is anything like that or if I was just playing the game wrong all along.
MvC3 and MvCI are very different games. A lot of MvC3 involved OHKOing a character once you got a solid hit on them, while in MvCI, the game is forcing you to go for multiple hits and resets due to high (Blazblue esque) scaling on supers and combos, as well as low-health damage scaling.

Dahbomb

Getting the first hit is important in every fighting game. MVC games generally put a big emphasis on landing a combo and doing big damage.

This game is similar but the damage is overall reduced so you don't lose a character off of 1 combo, it usually takes 2-3 combos now.

Plus you have combo breakers now too. It's going to take multiple hits to bring a team down in this game. That said these games are always about the neutral first and foremost. You have to be extremely mobile and cognizant of where you are in relation to your opponent and be making fast decisions on the fly. This is the part that is more important to level up in this game over learning optimum combos because even a basic double relaunch combo will do half life but if you spend all your time in training mode learning that 60% combo yet can't land a hit because your neutral sucks... well you are going to be in trouble with the game.

kirblar

Getting the first hit is important in every fighting game. MVC games generally put a big emphasis on landing a combo and doing big damage.

This game is similar but the damage is overall reduced so you don't lose a character off of 1 combo, it usually takes 2-3 combos now.

Plus you have combo breakers now too. It's going to take multiple hits to bring a team down in this game. That said these games are always about the neutral first and foremost. You have to be extremely mobile and cognizant of where you are in relation to your opponent and be making fast decisions on the fly. This is the part that is more important to level up in this game over learning optimum combos because even a basic double relaunch combo will do half life but if you spend all your time in training mode learning that 60% combo yet can't land a hit because your neutral sucks... well you are going to be in trouble with the game.
I think something underappreciated is that hitstun is nearly nonexistent in this game. All those awkward hits and angle that are difficult to convert into a full combo seem like a direct result of that change from 3->I.

Gren

For PC folk, are the story mode cutscenes FMV or real-time? Hoping it's the former so I can delete them & curb that 50+GB install size.

Dahbomb

I think something underappreciated is that hitstun is nearly nonexistent in this game. All those awkward hits and angle that are difficult to convert into a full combo seem like a direct result of that change from 3->I.
Hit stun is still pretty relevant in this game and you have a universal ground spike with j.HK means aerial random conversions are easy. In addition even with low hit stun move you can tag and get conversions.

Players are just new to the game and the hit conversions aren't optimum yet... they will be in due time.

smurfx

get some go again
man dashing is way easier in this game. i have it mapped to one button and its as simple as just timing it backwards or forward.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That's the default setting, and also the better one.

OT should be fixed. Most people are browsing on mobile these days anyway.
How old is your phone?

I have an iPhone 5 and it loads fine. Can scroll smoothly and all.

And having autoloaded GIFs or YouTube embed is sacrilegious.

Dunno what you want me to do. Those resources are there to help people.

Top Bottom