• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Astral

MvC3 and MvCI are very different games. A lot of MvC3 involved OHKOing a character once you got a solid hit on them, while in MvCI, the game is forcing you to go for multiple hits and resets due to high (Blazblue esque) scaling on supers and combos, as well as low-health damage scaling.

Getting the first hit is important in every fighting game. MVC games generally put a big emphasis on landing a combo and doing big damage.

This game is similar but the damage is overall reduced so you don't lose a character off of 1 combo, it usually takes 2-3 combos now.

Plus you have combo breakers now too. It's going to take multiple hits to bring a team down in this game. That said these games are always about the neutral first and foremost. You have to be extremely mobile and cognizant of where you are in relation to your opponent and be making fast decisions on the fly. This is the part that is more important to level up in this game over learning optimum combos because even a basic double relaunch combo will do half life but if you spend all your time in training mode learning that 60% combo yet can't land a hit because your neutral sucks... well you are going to be in trouble with the game.

So overall the game is less touch of deathy. That's great. I did notice the difference in damage scaling when I played at my cousin's house last night. I'll dig into training mode once I get it on my way home and see what's up.

Tan

I'm not finding the quit button in mission mode...? Hitting everything on my keyboard and stick. Is it a button combination?
Edit: I'm an idiot I forgot I changed it to hold...

molnizzle

How old is your phone?

I have an iPhone 5 and it loads fine. Can scroll smoothly and all.

And having autoloaded GIFs or YouTube embed is sacrilegious.

Dunno what you want me to do. Those resources are there to help people.

iPhone 7.

Never had an issue in any other GAF thread. I'm not sure what you need to do either, but you must be doing something in that OT that nobody else does.

For PC folk, are the story mode cutscenes FMV or real-time? Hoping it's the former so I can delete them & curb that 50+GB install size.
I've only seen the PS4 one but I can't imagine there are any differences, it's 1 percent real time just before they are about to fight and the rest is prerendered video.

TP

I am genuinely having a good time with the story mode. I've gotten so many laughs out of the character interactions (Spidey and Frank, Morrigan and Arthur). I figure i'm past the halfway point and Capcom's done a pretty good job with it.

I'm also loving Morrigan's new voice

T.O.P

Banned
Guys i have a problem on PC, game runs fine everything on high, but as soon as i switch to Fullscreen mode the game suddenly start dropping frames and it just feels really slow

There's no widowed mode so idonnow how to fix this :(

Got mine at 6 PM Hawaii Time last night since they did the midnight east coast release thing (but did not for Destiny 2). Played through the story...it actually looks pretty good in person and you can tell they put a lot of effort into the story mode. I stopped at final boss because I needed some sleep.

I really really hate Ryu saying his moves in English. Sounds really bad in this one.

Csr

On pc i have a 16/10 resolution monitor and the game stretches the image instead of putting black bars like most games, anyone have a solution?

There is also stuttering and long load times on a ssd, not the best impression so far.

pHand

For PC folk, are the story mode cutscenes FMV or real-time? Hoping it's the former so I can delete them & curb that 50+GB install size.

There's a "Movie" folder with 24 GB of .usm files, which are presumably pre-rendered videos.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuck me, this mission 9 for Hawkeye...

how do you do the air heavy punch, heavy punch, heavy kick, gimlit after the stinger o_O

So overall the game is less touch of deathy. That's great. I did notice the difference in damage scaling when I played at my cousin's house last night. I'll dig into training mode once I get it on my way home and see what's up.

Yep, watching high level play is pretty fun. It's almost like it's a two player game now

El Sabroso

On pc i have a 16/10 resolution monitor and the game stretches the image instead of putting black bars like most games, anyone have a solution?

There is also stuttering and long load times on a ssd, not the best impression so far.

for nvidia cards, change the scaling in control panel to gpu and override scaling from programs and games

Guys i have a problem on PC, game runs fine everything on high, but as soon as i switch to Fullscreen mode the game suddenly start dropping frames and it just feels really slow

There's no widowed mode so idonnow how to fix this :(

same issue here, I am searching for what of all the ini files have to modify since the files in the game's folder is empty so I don't know if there I can add a line to turn off Vsync to see if that fixes this

Unlearning all this muscle memory is fucking me up but I'm getting there. Lmhs is ingrained, hahaha.

Soon I'll be able to do non shit combos

Tony feels like an actual character again 😭😭😭🙌🙌🙌

McNum

Stupid muscle memory. Played too much Street Fighter. I keep hitting the third button for HP instead of the second. Maybe I should try using my 360 controller. The main advantage a stick has for me is the dragon punch motion, and, well... Also shoulder buttons for tag and surge seems like it's a good idea.

The game runs really smoothly on my PC, which surprises me, I did not expect to play it on high.

As for the story. So hammy, so cheesy. I love it. I wanted it to be gloriously dumb and it is! So fun, so utterly stupid. Perfect!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no idea how to do this, even watching the demonstration. Doesnt seem to work in the corner, and in the middle like the demonstration, I always float backwards after the lightning arrow instead of towards the opponent like the demo shows, so I cant hit the heavy punches >_>

already getting demoralized lol

Trickster

Btw this game is a lot harder execution wise than I though it'd. It's retroactively blowing my mind even more thinking about how people played MvC3

shaowebb

I dont even give this game a day before we see a completely broken Time Stone Infinity Storm combo or a Mind Stone team where they got a solid reset or 50/50 out of a super to just go for multiple supers on folks for killing damage with little scaling.

Considering what I've already seen Install Zero do with Time Stone I just know this shit is gonna get fucking ridiculous lol.

Dahbomb

I dont even give this game a day before we see a completely broken Time Stone Infinity Storm combo or a Mind Stone team where they got a solid reset or 50/50 out of a super to just go for multiple supers on folks for killing damage with little scaling.

Considering what I've already seen Install Zero do with Time Stone I just know this shit is gonna get fucking ridiculous lol.
Time stone scales combo heavier than normal. People have had the game for a while and no one has figured out a broken combo yet with Time stone because it's hard to get more damage with it even if you can just spam one more over and over with it. It's really more for neutral and block pressure with certain characters.

It's not that easy to do multiple supers into mix ups because while a super is active it is still eating away at the Mind stone gauge timer. And going off of mix ups from supers isn't that efficient in the game anyway, there are better ways to set that up. Only teams that will be using Mind stone are super meter hungry teams with characters like Firebrand.

I wouldn't be too hasty about making calls on what may or may not be broken. Anytime someone finds something that looks busted, it is broken down or negated within a day. They have made things surprisingly airtight in that regard.

Bizazedo

Unlearning all this muscle memory is fucking me up but I'm getting there. Lmhs is ingrained, hahaha.

Soon I'll be able to do non shit combos

Tony feels like an actual character again ������������

Same here. I cannot use Nova at all due to this. I haven't even TRIED Zero due to it.

That being said, I am reaping fools with Nemesis / Hulk. It's intoxicating.

(P.S. And my Nemesis / Hulk is newb as hell still. Only figured out one tag combo for myself so far from Nemesis to Hulk. Planning to start reading up tonight).

Dahbomb

Who's the most common person popping up online?

You mean character right?

Max said it was Iron Man yesterday. I think it's going to be skill bracket dependent. You already know that Ryu is going to be super common at lower levels.

I think in a while these will be super common characters online once you get out of completely new player ranks:

Ultron, Nova, Gamora, Dante, Ghost Rider, Zero, MMX, Iron Man, Captain Marvel and maybe Spider Man (depends on how hard he is).

Top Bottom