• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Dahbomb

All Hulk missions complete, much easier than Hawkeye, jesus christ :(

Maybe I should stick to these big lumbering guys :(

I suck :(
Mission mode combo difficulty shouldn't tell you which character to pick especially in this game. Most Mission mode combos are kinda jank and unoptimized anyway or unnecessarily hard with little reward.

Seik

Banned
Meeeeeeeeeh.

Just received my copy, I got it with a heavy discount (55$ CAD) due to an Amazon glitch...yet I'm tempted to return it. I have plenty of fighting games coming (Xenoverse 2 and Pokkén on Switch next week) The character-based service kind of turns me off and the game doesn't look too good at first glance.

Convince me GAF, is it good? Is the campaign OK? OTs always have that touch to reinsure me. :lol

smurfx

get some go again
just playing around and doing random things with gamora and ghost rider and they do seem to have some synergy. gamoras back dash is really good too.

Dahbomb

Meeeeeeeeeh.

Just received my copy, I got it with a heavy discount (55$ CAD) due to an Amazon glitch...yet I'm tempted to return it. The character-based service kind of turns me off and the game doesn't look too good at first glance.

Convince me GAF, is it good? Is the campaign OK? OTs always have that touch to reinsure me. :lol
Game play is god damn nice in this game, netcode is good too so far.

Campaign is just cheesy Saturday morning cartoon non sense if you are into that.

What's your training regime?

I'm gonna learn about six characters, practice their normals, special moves, and general moveset about ten times each per character daily. After that, it's watching videos, hammering down notes, and compiling some BnBs. I'll take some time every day to practice basic stuff so that it feels familiar, like tagging on moves, wavedashes, stuff like that. I'll probably attempt the trials every other day to up my execution and try not to mash.

Will probably play about ten matches every day once I feel a little better about my teams and what they can do.

Skab

Meeeeeeeeeh.

Just received my copy, I got it with a heavy discount (55$ CAD) due to an Amazon glitch...yet I'm tempted to return it. I have plenty of fighting games coming (Xenoverse 2 and Pokkén on Switch next week) The character-based service kind of turns me off and the game doesn't look too good at first glance.

Are you looking for a single player or multiplayer experience?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Meeeeeeeeeh.

Since you got it really incredibly cheap so you are more likely to get your price worth it. I just can't put my controller down ever since I got it.

Seik

Banned
Are you looking for a single player or multiplayer experience?

Honestly if it delivers both I'm OK with that.

I'm used to play MvC arcade modes only, but I love that they did play it Netherealm Studios style this time around and kind of curious to see what this is about, unless it's like, abysmally bad.

EDIT: AH FUCK IT, I'll unwrap it and blow the dust off my RAP4 KAI, thanks guys.

Lyonaz

Man what is the point of preloading on Steam if it takes as long to unpack/prepare for launch as just downloading it from scratch....

Does the game support ps4 controller?

pHand

I forgot to say thanks for the settings! My eyes feel so much better now, lol.

I should mention that I'm getting bad screen tearing with vsync off. I tried enabling it through Nvidia Control Panel but still getting tearing. Should've splurged on that gsync monitor.

CA is gone but it still looks kinda blurry for some reason.

It's the AA, I think. Here are screens with AA set to high and low:

82575B73DDEC004F7E3EC9BFB49624EF30879C05
B6C232F5F8F50AB032E979F1D467B555BD7192C2

FluxWaveZ

Finding it hard to come up with a team. I don't particularly have any favorites here, and I know very little about team composition or synergy. Not sure what would be viable, either.

Gren

Man what is the point of preloading on Steam if it takes as long to unpack/prepare for launch as just downloading it from scratch....
Exactly why I never do preloads (though I almost never preorder anyways).

But it's helpful for those with subpar Internet.

Got the game in my mailbox at home, but I won't get home until around 7pm. :(

Probably gonna be trying out Dante/Chun tonight. Not sure the synergy there, but they are the two characters I'm most interested in playing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How long is the Story taking people?

IGN said 3-4 hours, which is.. like double the 1 and a half to two hour quote we got from Capcom themselves. I heard 2 and a half hours too.

jett

D-Member
I forgot to say thanks for the settings! My eyes feel so much better now, lol.

I should mention that I'm getting bad screen tearing with vsync off. I tried enabling it through Nvidia Control Panel but still getting tearing. Should've splurged on that gsync monitor.

It's the AA, I think. Here are screens with AA set to high and low:

Yeah that's some heavy AA. I think I have it set to medium on SFV or something.

T.O.P

Banned
Can people find any online games on PC because i've been trying for a good 10 minutes with no success

And we are on D1 lmao

kunonabi

Managed to rent a copy from redbox so my friend and i will give it a look. Stuck with pads though since there isn't any damn legacy support.

Probably going to try out Marvel/Nemesis with Soul.

Dont really have much in the way of character options since the Darkstalkers voicework is far too grating and Gamorra really isnt my style.

I don't know in what world this game is more lenient. Short super jumps alone are pretty nasty.

Cap's leap kick is cool shit. This game is wide open. Gonna be here a whiiiiile. Everything cancels

I've not been a fan of this game from what I've seen/the single player demo, but I was just watching the Arthur tutorial video, and he looks really goddamn fun on this.

I was gonna get it on sale eventually, but I'm tempted to jump in a lot sooner.

Mesoian

Meeeeeeeeeh.

The fighting in marvel is worlds better than xenoverse or xenoverse 2 I'll tell you that much.

the PVP in xenoverse is kind of terrible.

Bizazedo

Game play is god damn nice in this game, netcode is good too so far.

Campaign is just cheesy Saturday morning cartoon non sense if you are into that.

Straight up, I know it's not "good", but I liked the story. The small moments / inside jokes between some characters was great. I feel pretty good in saying it's better than SF V's.

How long is the Story taking people?

IGN said 3-4 hours, which is.. like double the 1 and a half to two hour quote we got from Capcom themselves. I heard 2 and a half hours too.

3-4 hours is about right, at least for me, but that includes all cutscenes...which is fine. Why else would you be playing the story?

I don't know in what world this game is more lenient. Short super jumps alone are pretty nasty.

Cap's leap kick is cool shit. This game is wide open. Gonna be here a whiiiiile. Everything cancels

Game definitely seems harder than 3 to me, but again, part of that is being screwed by muscle memory.

Dahbomb

Finding it hard to come up with a team. I don't particularly have any favorites here, and I know very little about team composition or synergy. Not sure what would be viable, either.
It's probably a very good idea to have one air dasher because the skills are transferable among the dashers. I think you will like Captain Marvel and then choose any second character you like. Right now everyone is learning the game by themselves and exploring their duo so you have to hit the lab yourself and find your own synergy. The game is open enough to allow that.

I ain't done with the story but it's fine. It's a bunch of fanservice. Yeah they could have fleshed it out more but fuck that - i just like the quirky moments. Only when it gets real serious does it fall flat but I enjoy what they did with the fights.

Aren't you a grappler guy by trade? Have you tried Haggar and Nemesis? (the latter isn't really a grappler but it's a big boy) Depends on what you like in a character tbh.

As for team comp and synergy, I don't think you have to worry too much about it. Like maybe someone with a projectile/speedy who can get in and someone who can hit hard. But stones can offset some weaknesses so nbd right now.

NEO0MJ

Turns out the reason the game wasn't running at first was that Bit Defender was blocking it. Works fine now, other than the stutter which I hope turning off v sync helped. Gonna try it now.

What type of play style to you tend to gravitate towards in a fighting game? Pick a character that look like a lot of fun to use and then pick character that can make up for your first character's weak points. For example, if you pick a big body like Hulk, then pick either a more keepaway character like Hawkeye or pick a fast rushdown character like Wolv-Captain Marvel.

smurfx

get some go again
lol man you can special cancel gamora's dagger into guns. that's going to be super annoying for enemies. you can combo off of it too.

FluxWaveZ

It's probably a very good idea to have one air dasher because the skills are transferable among the dashers. I think you will like Captain Marvel and then choose any second character you like. Right now everyone is learning the game by themselves and exploring their duo so you have to hit the lab yourself and find your own synergy. The game is open enough to allow that.

I do like the sound of the bolded. I was listening to commentators in exhibitions, though, and they were talking about how the game seems more rushdown/offensive based than MvC3, so I don't know how a Chris + Hawkeye + Time Stone (something I was considering) team would balance out in the future.

But yeah, while everyone's figuring out their own styles right now, I guess the right answer for now is whatever feels the best to you.

Aren't you a grappler guy by trade? Have you tried Haggar and Nemesis? (the latter isn't really a grappler but it's a big boy) Depends on what you like in a character tbh.

As for team comp and synergy, I don't think you have to worry too much about it. Like maybe someone with a projectile/speedy who can get in and someone who can hit hard. But stones can offset some weaknesses so nbd right now.

I am not. I hate command grabs because of the associated risk. If you're thinking of my time in SFV, I picked up R. Mika for literally these two reasons, and them alone:

1. She says "I'll totally make this look cool!" and "I'll kick your ass!" as signature quotes.
2. Her V-Trigger was the most alike a puppet character.

Point 2 really draws me to the Soul Stone, actually.

Maybe at a lower level, synergy won't matter too much. But looking at the exhibitions, it's obvious that players need to find ways for the characters in their team to properly complement each other for things to work out. At first, I was thinking that a rushdown character and a zoning character would make for a balanced team. Guess I'll think about that more.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
2-1 in my first online match. Netcode seems fantastic, I searched with same region / connection +1 (yolo) and got a match pretty fast (begginer's league)

I can do some basic combos with Hulk (which carried me) but my Ghost Rider was basically

b7e.jpg

Top Bottom