• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

FinKL

My favorite is the Captain America Mission Mode #10.

Nowhere in the actual tutorial does the game teach you to do DUD jumps. They don't even teach you that you can do a DUD jump off of a launcher to hit enemies closer to the ground after the launcher.

Then they ask you to do EXACTLY that with Cap's Mission 10. It's a combo that requires the short hop and most player who don't know that you have to do a DUD jump would just quit.

Capcom honestly hasn't learned shit.
Haha I experienced this in Cap Marvel's #8 or #9 trial. They show an Instant Air Dash upwards but nowhere in the inputs is that mentioned. It's just assumed if you watch you'll understand you somehow need to "rejump" higher in the air

brian!

with a careful eye and the demonstration function it's serviceable but yeah they should strive to do more here
for a good 5 minutes i was trying to do that cpt marvel combo by landing on the ground first and then j.hp, but the beam wasnt landing lol

Anth0ny

Worst thing about trials is that you can't see the shit on the bottom of the list all at once. I was going through Arthur's trial 10, until I forgot to shoot the crossbow right before the level 3 at the end.

Yeah it's really dumb. I know they didn't want to make the text too small but not knowing what's next in the combo is dumb.

Neonep

TBH Zero and Firebrand could've been done without. I'd say Capcom just put them among the base roster mainly to have MH and Sigma as DLC characters.

Completely disagree with Zero, too many people like him. Agree on that with Firebrand though. If he was left out nobody would have complained.

patchday

Nice just finished story mode. I really, really enjoyed it. But I also enjoy CoD single player... I just love simple, linear, blockbuster style story modes that I can knockout fast and then hit the 'meat' of the game

But yeah this story was wayyyy better than SFV story for me. I think they are getting much better

Still enjoyed IJ2's story a bit more but this was wayyy better than I could've hoped for

Sesha

Completely disagree with Zero, too many people like him. Agree on that with Firebrand though. If he was left out nobody would have complained.

Somebody would have complained.

Tbh, I think it's unfair and hypocritical to lament the disappearance of certain characters while saying others disappearing wouldn't have been an issue. Not saying you do this, but I see this a lot from others.

patchday

yeah firebrand looks so stupid and is
non-essential to the story
so why was he added? I am baffled.

ev0

Got excited to play this last night, plugged in my TE2+ fightstick and the joytick would respond to any commands: SIGH. I know there have been issues with this model, but anyone here have any experience with this? (sorry if its not the right place). I could get some response from the stick if I mashed the O button for some reason.

In terms of the game, really loving the gameplay but I suck so bad. Esp on pad. Having fun with Ghost Rider who I didnt like in the previous game. I was having probs finding matches on PS4 last night.

Dahbomb

Somebody would have complained.

Tbh, I think it's unfair and hypocritical to lament the disappearance of certain characters while saying others disappearing wouldn't have been an issue. Not saying you do this, but I see this a lot from others.
Because not all characters are created equally. I don't care for Zero but I know for sure that is way more popular and recognized than Firebrand. If I had a limited roster then I would pick Zero over FB all day.

People always complain, you just have to pick the option in which people complain the least.

patchday

I feel like people still don't know who Firebrand is

I dont know who he is ;(

I should read a wiki who he is and learn my history. Maybe I will like him more Idk...

Us new players could use a bio. Does this game have those? I havent done anything besides story mode and training modes

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
training and waiting for ppl to join you works much better than searching (although im finding by searching now)

I sweat SF5 had the same problem

Amazon.co.uk are having screwy stock issues with the standard edition

Ordered yesterday, had to cancel today via online chat as they literally had no idea when it would be back in stock

Other sellers via Amazon have it and Amazon directly have the deluxe but have jacked it up to £69.99 now (where it was £59.99)

I had pre-ordered it on the 8/09 and still have no shipping date, really bad service on Amazon behalf. Didn't expect this from Amazon :(

Neonep

Because not all characters are created equally. I don't care for Zero but I know for sure that is way more popular and recognized than Firebrand. If I had a limited roster then I would pick Zero over FB all day.

People always complain, you just have to pick the option in which people complain the least.

This. GUARANTEE that less people would have complained about the roster if you removed Spencer and Firebrand and replaced them with Vergil & Wesker.

I really wish Firebrand was more based on his Demon Crest version. I might actually like the guy

I can't count how many times I've gotten Zero's flash kick instead of Shippuga. I haven't adjusted to the control scheme as well as I thought

Dahbomb

Remember when Ryce made that 28 leak list and it didn't have Zero on it? People were like "OMG no Wecker, Zero, Vergil!!!"

Now those people have one less thing to complain about.

Nephtes

Looks like they fixed the Xbox Achievements.
Pulled the trigger and bought it for the X1, hoping for a 4K patch when the X1X comes out.

Here's hoping all pros are playing on PS4 so I can rise to the top of the rankings (which because it's Xbox is like 5 whole people amirite?)

Negaduck

I'm really glad firebrand is back.

Yo can we get the throwback costume though?

uyODPpk.jpg

Firebrand is great.

jett

D-Member
Fchamp teaching Punk who is da Mahvel god. It's really impressive how well this dude is still playing after being up near 24 hours.

My post got buried. Is anyone else experiencing audio crackles in the PC version? This is basically making the game unplayable for me because the crackles happen every few seconds

Well, he's certainly more recognizable than those weird, obscure Marvel characters they didn't bring back, like Wolverine

Who??

V-Faction

Nothing wrong with Firebrand.

BUT. If you had the option of keeping Albert "7 Minutes" Wesker and Verguile, you should've stuck with those 2.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dat feel when you go 2-1, all 3 games super close

fckya.gif

Game is way too much fun to die an early death (not that it will at least tournament wise but still)

Anth0ny when are we playing dem cross atlantic matches?

Anth0ny

dat feel when you go 2-1, all 3 games super close

fckya.gif

Game is way too much fun to die an early death (not that it will at least tournament wise but still)

Anth0ny when are we playing dem cross atlantic matches?

Current status:

-I know one Captain Marvel combo. Kinda.

We can play as soon as I learn how to... use my second character :p

Top Bottom