• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Current status:

-I know one Captain Marvel combo. Kinda.

We can play as soon as I learn how to... use my second character :p

stop being a pussy and lets just try the netcode, who cares. you act as if I know more than 1 combo on Hulk or Thanos. I know exctly 1 on both, and its the same one, because its the BNB lol.

Don't remember if it was on the entry for firebrand or in the entry for the Dark Kingdom, i'll look for it when i get back home.
It's in the description! But like.... There's nothing that looks like fire brand.

Current status:

-I know one Captain Marvel combo. Kinda.

We can play as soon as I learn how to... use my second character :p
I went 15-2 mashing with Arthur/GR, I wouldn't worry about it.

1upsuper

TBH Zero and Firebrand could've been done without. I'd say Capcom just put them among the base roster mainly to have MH and Sigma as DLC characters.
No way. Zero and Firebrand staying are key reasons why I'm getting the game. The other reasons are X and Arthur.

hawk2025

I'll never, ever win 5 ranked matches in a row.

These types of trophies are SO frustrating for casuals :(

Guide me to play online, make me win matches, but PLEASE don't make me have win streaks, c'mon :(

Negaduck

That's why *I* am worried. The forums are bare on SRK. As is YouTube.

I mean. It's day 2?

A month out I'd be worried. But be patient everyone.

People want the most maximized and optimized stuff. Explore. Play, create. The game will reveal itself guys. Check Twitter, if a player you liked used a character in 3, chances are they are using it today and everyone is sharing and retweeting bnb's and everything.

I try to retweet any marvel info to make sure people see it all.

Dahbomb

It's impossible to find tech for this game right now if you don't follow the right Twitter accounts or Discord chats. Really frustrating all around, have to wait for YT uploads.

JeTmAn81

the MvC3 --> MvC4 adjustment period is real for us old people. Maybe you young folks have had no issues. these button changes are kicking my ass.

Dunno man, it's feeling alright to me. Granted I haven't actually hit training to work up my bnbs. But after about 50% of mission mode it feels fine.

It helps that movement and most motions are pretty much the same as 3.

patchday

It's impossible to find tech for this game right now if you don't follow the right Twitter accounts or Discord chats. Really frustrating all around, have to wait for YT uploads.

Twitter? Shoryuken.com might have character forums for mvci which usually have a main thread.

That's why *I* am worried. The forums are bare on SRK. As is YouTube.

Dang that's rough. Guess I will focus on my basics for now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit just had my first quitter. not during the match, but at the rematch screen.

feelsbadman ;_;

Skilletor

the MvC3 --> MvC4 adjustment period is real for us old people. Maybe you young folks have had no issues. these button changes are kicking my ass.

If you're old, then this control scheme is natural to you. MvC3 is the layout an old person had to adjust to, not going back to an almost typical Capcom layout.

:p

Negaduck

Dang that's rough. Guess I will focus on my basics for now.

I guess the point I'm trying to make for people is that the game is here and it's a marathon, not a sprint.

If this game stays feeling good, we will be playing it for years to come. There is plenty of time to sharpen your steel.

I fucking love this button scheme.

Rhaknar

I never do down down moves since I keep forgetting they're in the game.

im starting to remember to use the teleport on Thanos more, which is down down. I dont think Hulk has any down down.

Dude I barely played MvC3 outside of getting some combos down and playing with my friends, I thought it would be an easy transition. But playing Dante and Zero in this new button layout is mad fucking with my brain. Especially with Down, Down motions replacing all of Dante's and Zero's SRK motions.

So is the game worth getting on PC? $55 CAD on GMG vs $80 + tax on PS4/steam. If it's going to be a dead game on PC though it's not worth it obviously.

Tekken's 24 hour peak for players beats this one on this game's release day or two - (3.9k vs 3.5k). Is that concerning? How does that track compared to other fighting games on steam?

For Tekken I've never felt like player base was an issue, for comparison's sake.

Also, any issues with using a PS4 stick on PC?

FSLink

Banned
Not liking the ruleset for Wednesday Night Fights and SCR. Should allow auto combo/auto super jump/etc since it's configurable per player and it eases people in. Most won't use it, but why not allow it? It doesn't give an advantage.

Also easy hyper combos definitely should be allowed. You can punish some supers with Haggar and Cap's supers on reaction with it, but you can't otherwise (super freeze eats inputs except easy hyper combo)

Geez, I just found out I've been playing default PS4 controller settings on my stick...

Elf-Presses-Buttons-on-Elevator.gif

It should be LP/LK HP/HK TAG/STONE, right?

Bizazedo

If you're old, then this control scheme is natural to you. MvC3 is the layout an old person had to adjust to, not going back to an almost typical Capcom layout.

:p

Negative. When I was younger, I adapted to the MvC3 layout easier from the almost typical Capcom layout.

Now that I'm older, this sucks.

patchday

I guess the point I'm trying to make for people is that the game is here and it's a marathon, not a sprint.

If this game stays feeling good, we will be playing it for years to come. There is plenty of time to sharpen your steel.

I fucking love this button scheme.

yeah dont mean to complain. I'm just going to master the bare bones basics and then hop online. Thinking back when IJ2 launched I didnt know any combos beyond simple 3-hit combos

FSLink

Banned
Geez, I just found out I've been playing default PS4 controller settings on my stick...

Elf-Presses-Buttons-on-Elevator.gif

It should be LP/LK HP/HK TAG/STONE, right?
LP HP Tag
LK HK Stone

It's really bizarre since characters like Frank and Ryu kept their shoryu motions but others didnt.

That said, down down for teleports is not so bad.
Dante not having down down for teleports is stupid when he had it in 3. No consistency but unfortunately they have to if they cut out the srk motions in his movelist.

Also Ryu still keeping Shoryuken motion is bizarre when he's the newbie character. I'm surprised they didn't even do something like make down down SRK for him and normal SRK motion like Hado Shoryuken or something.

patchday

Anyone wanna play on ps4?

I'm still raw, fresh out of story mode. my psn is
sandboxgod

I'll be down in maybe hour or so if you need a punching bag (I'm being serious)

* Actually I should finish these tutorials but sometime tonight for sho'. Please put in friend invite 'gaf'

[edit] I'm NA btw! I try to stick to Green connection speed. Not on wifi. I repeat, Im not on wifi lol

JeTmAn81

Negative. When I was younger, I adapted to the MvC3 layout easier from the almost typical Capcom layout.

Now that I'm older, this sucks.

It wasn't that long ago! Y'all should've played Dante in 3 and you'd be used to D,D. I always wave dashed rather than plinking too so that fits for me.

Finally got my psn issues sorted out and the game is downloading so I'll be able to play it when I get home from work !

Add me on psn guys. ID socksfelloff (same as my name here)

I'm on the east coast (Toronto canada) let's play some fucking marvel!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This Story Mode has it's real ups and downs, but overall it's good.

So inconsistent in animation when it comes to some characters, particularly with Cap/Chris.

A lot of great scenes, a lot of ehhh even that was too cheesy for how a cheesy mode should be.

So is the game worth getting on PC? $55 CAD on GMG vs $80 + tax on PS4/steam. If it's going to be a dead game on PC though it's not worth it obviously.

Tekken's 24 hour peak for players beats this one on this game's release day or two - (3.9k vs 3.5k). Is that concerning? How does that track compared to other fighting games on steam?

For Tekken I've never felt like player base was an issue, for comparison's sake.

I would advice to hold off for now until we get a better idea on PC player retention. Doesn't look too hot atm but who knows maybe the gameplay will make people stick

patchday

Yeah Tekken is fab on PC I don't expect anything to compare except maybe SFV because of cross play.

Rhaknar

maybe the game does so bad they hit the panic button and release free shit, who knows.

PSqueak

Banned
Also Ryu still keeping Shoryuken motion is bizarre when he's the newbie character. I'm surprised they didn't even do something like make down down SRK for him and normal SRK motion like Hado Shoryuken or something.

I think Ryu's iconography trumps him being the newbie friendly character, there was absolutely no way Ryu was not gonna have SRK motions, he even has them in freaking smash bros, lol.

Top Bottom