• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Blues1990

No, they're new themes in the case of the Marvel A-listers, they mimic their movies.

And yes, it's a downgrade for most characters. Nova's new theme sucks ass.

Welp, time for me to do proper remixes of their themes and replace them (for the PC version). At least Gamora's sounds pretty nice.

I love Gamora. Definitely trying to make her one of my mains in this game.

I really like this other Thor costume too, so Im trying to use him, but hes not as simple, haha.

Any good Thor tutorials out yet?

NotLiquid

Best damaging combo I have right now is 5010 and involves one meter. Took me about 30 minutes to get to work and is something of a corner carry but it won't work if you don't corner the opponent before tagging in. Not sure if I can extend this any longer. The sequence of crouching LK > HP Spider Sting > tag > HK zipline was much harder than it looks, I have to buffer into Spider Sting now that it's not a dragon punch motion anymore.

I'm still a baby when it comes to this game. But I'm having fun with this team.

Sigmaah

Yeah I can agree with this. Zero, Nova, and Ultron are definitely up there too.

One hit off of guns from full screen away and ur dealing 60%+ damage? Nuts.

I dunno how I feel about X rn. Feels like he's not cheap enough lmao but it's only day 2 so I need that tech!!

Durden77

OH MY GOD Ghost's bike in thos is SO SICK.

If you haven't used your well bounce, you can turn around and bounce them, and then wheelie on them after that. And THEN get a combo

So fuckin cool.

Man what the hell happened to Dante's theme? I really am not a fan. Actually, I'm not a fan of the music in general. I miss the catchy themes from UMvC3. I just miss UMvC3, period, lol. But Infinite seems fun so far despite the awful presentation (music, graphics, art style, UI). Right now I'm running Captain Marvel and Hawkeye. I tried learning Dante but I don't think I have the skill to pull him off right now :(

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Mechanic question: can delayed hyper combos still be performed by inputting the partner's hyper command while the point character's hyper is active? Or do you have to tag in with active switch then execute a hyper combo?

FSLink

Banned

I dunno how I feel about X rn. Feels like he's not cheap enough lmao but it's only day 2 so I need that tech!!
I think X has a lot of potential. Whether that'll end up being good enough or not depends on the meta lol

Mechanic question: can delayed hyper combos still be performed by inputting the partner's hyper command while the point character's hyper is active? Or do you have to tag in with active switch then execute a hyper combo?
Have to switch then super now

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

you have to tag in, but you can tag in at any point, so its the same thing

FluxWaveZ

Man what the hell happened to Dante's theme? I really am not a fan. Actually, I'm not a fan of the music in general. I miss the catchy themes from UMvC3. I just miss UMvC3, period, lol. But Infinite seems fun so far despite the awful presentation (music, graphics, art style, UI). Right now I'm running Captain Marvel and Hawkeye. I tried learning Dante but I don't think I have the skill to pull him off right now :(

I regularly go back to listen to UMvC3 themes to this day. I will never go out of my way to listen to any of the character themes in this game. Just another part of the game's crappy presentation.

Blues1990

Yeah. I like Rocket Raccoon and Iron Man's too tbh.

Also for those who haven't listened:
Cap's classic theme
https://youtu.be/CuUCAjsXCjU

Spidey's classic theme
https://youtu.be/9HNGECTA4Tc

And then story mode spoilers:
X vs Zero
https://youtu.be/ccmZR7LvKB8

Why couldn't Capcom let us use these during versus?

Okay, this is actually starting to annoy me.

I like the MCU movies, but the soundtrack for those films (sans Guardians of the Galaxy's mix tape) blows. The last thing I wanted was the Marvel character themes to be replaced with generic themes that don't invoke the character in the slightest.

FSLink

Banned
I regularly go back to listen to UMvC3 themes to this day. I will never go out of my way to listen to any of the character themes in this game. Just another part of the game's crappy presentation.
I'll listen to the ones I posted and the menu/victory themes. Those are actually pretty good tbh. I also don't mind some of the renditions like Ryu's theme and Spencer's themes. But yeah overall the OST is a downgrade, and it's annoying since they did a great job in SFV and in some small places here for the soundtrack.

NotLiquid

Morrigan, Jedah, strider, x, and zero's themes are fire I don't care what anyone says.

Adding Spencer and Ryu's themes to this list. Spencer's sounds like it could've been composed by Rearmed's lead composer while Ryu's actually feels exciting compared to the travesty that was his toothless MvC3 theme.

Morrigan's is fire in this game. Most of the Capcom side is fine. MCU side is kinda butt tho.

UMVC3 wasn't that good comparatively in the first place to me though.

Dahbomb

If you drop X then you a scumbag MMX fanboy wannabe.

All these MM fanboys that swore they would buy the game and play X if X was in the game... now it's the time to put up or shut up.

Also converting off of projectiles from full screen isn't even that amazing in this game... every team can do it with the tag system. Ultron shoots beam, tag if it hits you get a combo.

Main issue with Gamora is that you can't push block the guns which means she also happens to doubles as a support because she can lock them down for a tag mix up.

Sigmaah

All these MM fanboys that swore they would buy the game and play X if X was in the game... now it's the time to put up or shut up.

Also converting off of projectiles from full screen isn't even that amazing in this game... every team can do it with the tag system. Ultron shoots beam, tag if it hits you get a combo.

Main issue with Gamora is that you can't push block the guns which means she also happens to doubles as a support because she can lock them down for a tag mix up.

Yeah that's the main issue she's giving me.

Ima ride with X forever but I got sigma coming so X or zero gonna have to be my 3rd main.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
RΛZΞR Xian‏Verified account @XianMSG 29m29 minutes ago
More
I am seriously addicted �� #mvci
DKMdLD_VwAAC90f.jpg

Xian? WHAT? o_O

Shouta

I managed to get 6800 with Thanos for 1 bar. A nice little upgrade in corner damage. I need to figure out midscreen combos for better than 6300 damage, lol.

Been going through Mission Mode as I wait for info to become more easily available. Thanos seems fun so far, might go with him at the very least.

Oh X is forsure my main. He's in 2 of my 3 preset teams (love that they have this in again), he and Zero are my trainer/player card thing and my title is a MMX title. Hope all the other fanboys do their part.

I think X is going to be mostly forgotten early on till somebody high level finds some grimey tech or beastly strats with him and he starts to pick up in popularity. Might not happen for awhile, but I think (hope) he will be on top soon enough.

I love the game, but apart of me is hurt about the 3v3 and being unable to pair X/Zero/Sigma all together. Still glad to have all 3 though, now I just need Captain Commando and I'll never ask for anything again ever I swear

Top Bottom