• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

patchday

Weird to see complaints character themes where do you hear those?

I've been looking into ps4's ability to play mp3 in background while playing games cause I generally hate game music. Much prefer to play something gangster while fighting folks online

ScribbleD

Only recently realized reality stone's projectile doesn't dissipate when the user takes a hit. Feels surprisingly tough to approach reality stone users since it tracks slowly Like a really tiny Dormammu stalking flare. I'm sure it's not actually that bad to get in on and punish, but stone-wise it's the one I'm having the hardest time with right now.

Also, I love X, but the startups on some of his specials feel sloooow.

This is fucked. My 4 deluxe edition costumes didn't get sent, so I called Best Buy. They read me the code and I put it in via my phone. Some friends are playing the game and I restart it. No outfits. So I check the dls below the game tab on PSN and it shows they're installed. Restart, no outfits. I hard turn off PS4. No go. Dunno what to do. The character pass and Cpt Marvel outfit are there.

NotLiquid

The best way to describe Dante's theme is, like,

You know when a band you really like releases an A-Side of a super popular track of theirs, and to give listeners an incentive to actually buy a single track they load it with things like Edits, Live Versions and especially Remixes by other artists that are often way too experimental to pass as an actual substitute

That's what Dante's theme is like, it's an odd sideshow. Not terrible, but some things about it just makes it feel off, not something that really represents the intricacies of the main thing that fit the character so well. Honestly the only real thing that brings it down is the chorus. The verses are actually pretty good, it feels like a more action-packed remix than the MvC3 one was, but then it kinda just veers off completely. Why'd they have to slip that flanger filter on the vocal harmonics and eschew the soaring strings?

Morrigan's is fire in this game. Most of the Capcom side is fine. MCU side is kinda butt tho.

UMVC3 wasn't that good comparatively in the first place to me though.

On average I found Marvel's themes in MvC3 were better than the Capcom side. They were really good - not just the remixes but the original compositions for the new characters. Many of Capcom's themes on the other hand... bugged me. Ryu and Chun's themes were bad. As a huge fan of Viewtiful Joe I also found Joe's theme to be weak as shit. While Joe's theme wasn't super prolonged in his game, it was often mashed up with some other tracks throughout the game as a leitmotif and the entire OST had so much energy, where-as the sharp saws that MvC3 usually abuses with weak bass sounds made Joe's theme sound like more of a carnival fair. Both of Wright's themes also left much to be desired.

MvCI's Capcom side is spotty but I enjoy more of the themes here than I don't and none make me instantly jump out to say "ew" with the exception of Dante's.

JayEH

This is fucked. My 4 deluxe edition costumes didn't get sent, so I called Best Buy. They read me the code and I put it in via my phone. Some friends are playing the game and I restart it. No outfits. So I check the dls below the game tab on PSN and it shows they're installed. Restart, no outfits. I hard turn off PS4. No go. Dunno what to do. The character pass and Cpt Marvel outfit are there.

Last resort is too reinstall the game but I'd wait a bit before doing that.

Maybe restore licences from PSN account settings in the settings menu?
That fixed a problem I had with DMC4 SE's DLC not appearing.

Astral

I kinda like Dante's theme because it actually plays the chorus of the DMC3 theme. I would've fucking loved a remix of the second battle theme that plays during the last third of the game though.

Anyway, who's a good partner for Morrigan? I've been using her with Captain Marvel but only because I like that they both fly. I haven't really tried them as an actual team either. No switch in combos or anything.

FluxWaveZ

Morrigan's theme is the only one that has stood out to me so far that I like.

Man I dunno if I just got used to him in MvC3 or what, but Im really not feeling Dorm's new voice.

No, MvC3's was definitely better. "Welcome... to my realm" doesn't have the same sinister tone it had before. That goes for a lot of characters. A notable one for me is Rocket Raccoon, but that's practically a completely different personality, I guess to fit more in line with the MCU.

JayEH

I kinda like Dante's theme because it actually plays the chorus of the DMC3 theme. I would've fucking loved a remix of the second battle theme that plays during the last third of the game though.

Anyway, who's a good partner for Morrigan? I've been using her with Captain Marvel but only because I like that they both fly. I haven't really tried them as an actual team either. No switch in combos or anything.

I don't know if it's good but I'm running Morrigan May Cry. They're canon now.

JayEH

I was actually considering that just because I like the idea of having a demon hunter and a demon. Dante just has so many fucking moves...

It's intimidating at first but there's only a few you need to get started. A lot of his moves also are just additional button presses after motions as well so it's not too bad trying to remember them all.

FinKL

Gamora top tier you say? Can't wait to finish the story and hop in training, was gonna rock Capt Marvel / Gamora right off the bat and go from there.

The good thing about a lot of old returning characters are that there are buffs and stones so low tier chars like Iron Man, Spiderman, Thor, Dr.Strange and Rocket all look attractive to me.

Skab

For some reason I am having serious trouble getting used to the feel of this game. I think my brain is still fighting against it and trying to do stuff like marvel 3 or something. Stuff like box jumping is weirdly hard for me to do constantly, and I just cant figure out why.

Astral

It's intimidating at first but there's only a few you need to get started. A lot of his moves also are just additional button presses after motions as well so it's not too bad trying to remember them all.

Do I have to get good at charging up Artemis while attacking? Stuff like that scares me away. It almost made me not use Morrigan since she can charge a move as well.

JayEH

Do I have to get good at charging up Artemis while attacking? Stuff like that scares me away. It almost made me not use Morrigan since she can charge a move as well.

I only really use it for incoming mix ups. I would get familiar canceling out of stinger and the options you have. It's a lot easier now since you don't have to bold cancel it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this is happening

gIPRyZ8.png

none of us wants to stop lol

Morrigan's theme is the only one that has stood out to me so far that I like.

No, MvC3's was definitely better. "Welcome... to my realm" doesn't have the same sinister tone it had before. That goes for a lot of characters. A notable one for me is Rocket Raccoon, but that's practically a completely different personality, I guess to fit more in line with the MCU.

Yeah I think a lot of the voices were better in 3...Nova, Dorm, and Ghost Rider are particularly egregious to me. Even the returning actors sound like they're bored or they phoned it in.

I like Thanos. But I REFUSE to have a team with two marvel characters and Gamora is already locked in.

Damn, I'm at this point too. I really like Thanos and Ghost Rider but I'd feel nasty ignoring the Capcom side since that's where my actual favorite characters are... Chris is far too booty at the moment and I think I'll wait and see if he gets buffed before the year is done. Nemesis does seem particularly great either and I already want to use Thanos so I don't want 2 big boys...

And then there's Dante who I'm not even sure how to feel about. He was my most used character in Ultimate, by far, but he's so whack here...

NotLiquid

I did an "edit" to Dante's theme by re-adding the original vocals + some of my own chords/choir, cause I always felt it's not so much that it's a bad remix but that it just kinda lacks a little finishing touch. There's no clean rip of the vox from Devils Never Cry though unfortunately so it ain't perfect.

Yeah I think a lot of the voices were better in 3...Nova, Dorm, and Ghost Rider are particularly egregious to me. Even the returning actors sound like they're bored or they phoned it in.

I think they almost all universally sound fine in combat, but their actual story dialogue and extended lines (pre- and post-match monologues) in general seem really bad.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

Fun was had. Jesus christ o_O

What was that Zero, like 1 hour? more I think. Hour and half lol. Too bad half the matches were laggy as shit (there goes the perfect netcode theory, but to be fair I am in Portugal vs Zero in America, and the other half was perfectly playable)

All of them were fun as shit tho. Yup, sure will be a fucking bummer if they give up on the game if it bombs. I feel now that we are over the shitshow (as in, features wise, mainly roster) hump, you look ahead and u see all sorts of dlc chracters and hopefully little changes and shit... oh well, it is what it is, or it will be what it will be.

For now, fuck me that was fun :D

Damn, Zero-ELEC confirmed trash. Losing to armored big bodies like a scrub, smh.
/s

fuck Gamora!

That feeling of utter hopelessness when you get stuck in a long combo.

I don’t know why I’m bothering. I’m doing the same thing I’ve done since XvSF, play the game like a Street Fighter game.

Long combos, assists, tagging, none of it ever clicked with me. So frustrating.

Rhaknar

Thanos' super armor fucks me too. I just never expect it. I'm not sure how to fight him honestly. He hits so hard.

I really need to start using that armor overhead move more, I barely use it :(

Zero-ELEC

Banned
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

Fun was had. Jesus christ o_O

What was that Zero, like 1 hour? more I think. Hour and half lol. Too bad half the matches were laggy as shit (there goes the perfect netcode theory, but to be fair I am in Portugal vs Zero in America, and the other half was perfectly playable)

All of them were fun as shit tho. Yup, sure will be a fucking bummer if they give up on the game if it bombs. I feel now that we are over the shitshow (as in, features wise, mainly roster) hump, you look ahead and u see all sorts of dlc chracters and hopefully little changes and shit... oh well, it is what it is, or it will be what it will be.

For now, fuck me that was fun :D

Hey for a one bar connection from Western Mexico to Portugal, it's amazing it didn't lag more. Real fun tho.

Now to nurse my aching wrist.

Trickster

That feeling of utter hopelessness when you get stuck in a long combo.

I don't know why I'm bothering. I'm doing the same thing I've done since XvSF, play the game like a Street Fighter game.

Long combos, assists, tagging, none of it ever clicked with me. So frustrating.

MvC is so different form the other fighting games I've played, the tempo is cranked so damn high and you can do so much shit lol. I have a hard time keeping up when playing

I really hope the game manages to not die on pc, because I could see myself playing this over SF5 going forward

Top Bottom