• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Dahbomb

Nah quite a few people are using Space stone including Champ, Smooth Viper and Apologyman. The box is just really good.

Mind Stone is for sure front runner for weakest stone.

brian!

Space Stone seems like the weakest by far. Either that or Mind.

What was he doing and where?

quoting because desk

Agree on space stone though i feel like it enables certain teams + lots of pros are using it. I feel like mind might lowkey be one of the strongest once tech comes out but it's storm can be pretty underwhelming in certain teams or if you already lost someone

brian!

w/r/t soul stone, I'm not using it to it's potential at all but even without skillz the revive seems incredibly strong by itself, can't imagine how strong itd be if i knew what i was doing

RockmanBN

w/r/t soul stone, I'm not using it to it's potential at all but even without skillz the revive seems incredibly strong by itself, can't imagine how strong itd be if i knew what i was doing

Only stone my brother will use when playing. He just saves the storm for when one of his characters go down.

brian!

yeah though im kind of on the fence with the scaling
i feel like the mental damage you get from landing like 2 hits of it in a row from neutral is meaningful though

also day 2 a lot of ppl aren't denying the activation with their own yet

Alchemist

I had a slight delay between the hp and HK. The biggest trick for me was the second I landed from the gunshots, 2p to dash and get closer so s.lk and the rest of the combo connects. The mini dash at the end for the otg helped me a ton.

This is it!! Thanks for the advice.

Dahbomb

That cross up floe found with jedah is pretty fucking gross
I mean that's pretty standard stuff, just look at the stuff people have with Ultron, Nova and Captain Marvel. Air dashers gonna be super hard to block in this game.

Though it's hard to say how real that is. This game does have a form of pseudo cross up protection for janky cross ups.

A lot of stuff that people are finding in this game isn't actually real. A lot of Jedahs use that OTG into normal that pops them up for a set up but that's not real due to air teching. Yipes has a Dante reset off of hard knockdown but Danke just showed today that it's not real either as you can actually air tech out of it (even though it looks like the opponent is grounded). FChamp's carpet set up is also kinds fake although still pretty damn good even if you know the escape.

jett

D-Member
Infinity storms seem useless as far as comeback purposes go.

I kinda miss the madness of someone on their last legs beating an entire three-man team with X-factor. It was bullshit, but I enjoyed seeing it happen.

Dahbomb

I kinda miss the madness of someone on their last legs beating an entire three-man team with X-factor. It was bullshit, but I enjoyed seeing it happen.
It's not useless at all, it's just not as powerful and it shouldn't be either. I have seen FChamp comeback all day using the Cube.

It's also kinda stone dependant. Some are better comeback factors than others.

JayEH

It's refreshing to see a non BS capcom comeback mechanic. I'd take this over X factor or V trigger any day.

kirblar

3/5 is going to make NLBC and WNF run way too late. The matches are running longer than MvC3's were and at this point I think it's a big mistake as a tourney standard. If matches pick up (aka people start to regularly 2-0, 2-0 people in pools within seconds) it'll be fine to move back but right now they're going to have a lot of tired players on their hands.

JayEH

3/5 is going to make NLBC and WNF run way too late. The matches are running longer than MvC3's were and at this point I think it's a big mistake as a tourney standard. If matches pick up (aka people start to regularly 2-0, 2-0 people in pools within seconds) it'll be fine to move back but right now they're going to have a lot of tired players on their hands.

But fchamp said...

Agreed. It's too early in the game's life to go 3/5.

Lulubop

yea, i agree

RocBase

there is very little that i regret about umvc3 despite all its bullshit, but the one thing i am genuinely glad to see gone is xf3. or more specifically, xf3 doom/vergil

Dahbomb

Marvel 3 in this time also took long to complete in matches.

No MVCI game has been going to time outs. When people are as optimum as FCHAMP, games are going to end mad quick when you make 3 wrong guesses.

TTT2 is always a bad example to bring up because that game already has 3/5 rounds. MVCI has no rounds unlike SFV.

WAIT WAIT WAIT.... HOLD THE MIC!!!

Sanford aka "Da King" aka "Pick a Top Tier" aka "Santhrax" Kelly LIKES Marvel Infinite?

Wallach

Marvel 3 in this time also took long to complete in matches.

No MVCI game has been going to time outs. When people are as optimum as FCHAMP, games are going to end mad quick when you make 3 wrong guesses.

TTT2 is always a bad example to bring up because that game already has 3/5 rounds. MVCI has no rounds unlike SFV.

Yeah, I'm fine with just starting at 3/5. Marvel is going to wind up there guaranteed. Games are going to only get faster from here.

Dahbomb

I checked the official rules and it seems that they are following the regular CPT rules for the major tournaments. That probably means 2/3 for pools/groups and 3/5 for top 8. Tie breakers are also decided by a 3/5 set in the event of two players being tied for a stone.

The Battle of Stones finals are all 3/5 though.

kirblar

I checked the official rules and it seems that they are following the regular CPT rules for the major tournaments. That probably means 2/3 for pools/groups and 3/5 for top 8.

The Battle of Stones finals are all 3/5 though.
Yeah, CPT finals should be 3/5 for sure.

Astral

Cool I just noticed that some characters have a different line of dialogue in the character select screen depending on who's paired up. If you pick Dante before Morrigan, Morrigan says "Come. I'll show you such pleasures." She normally says. "Nice to see you." Dante whistles at her, Jedah makes a comment to her and vice versa. It's a nice little touch.

EDIT: "Come, I'll show you such pleasures" seems to be a second generic one and Dante whistles at pretty much any girl lol. So the 4 girls.

Top Bottom