• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Numb

He's good in TvC which is a versus game. /shrug

But yeah, I don't know what they were thinking with him in this game. He can't even continue aiming Shinkuu Hadoken after using it anymore, he has to pick a direction when he uses it.

Only 1 gaffer believes in TvC

Numb

HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvSlloWmZiOGVLOHZPOC9naXBoeS5naWYlog.gif

El Sloth

Banned
That shit was hard to follow for a little bit, was like DBZ

The storm's animation + the character being enveloped by the same color as the storm + all the regular marvel shit is some hard viewing for sure lol.

I feel bad for anyone watching under 720p.

Dahbomb

So is Gamora supposed to be easy to use? She feels kinda stiff.
Yeah fairly easy execution and game plan. Jump around using gun shots, when one hits or they block keep chaining them to get in then tag for mix ups or convert combo.

She does have a lot of laggy heavy normals so don't just spam them out in neutral.

HotHamBoy

Playing the game and it feels pretty great but man, this roster is so weird.

So many of the characters are the deep cuts and the lack of X-Men really stands out. But it isn't just that, it's stuff like using PS360 Bionic Commando Spencer, who comes from a terrible game that no one liked and was only in MvC3 because it was relevant at the time, instead of the Spencer from Re-Armed which everyone loves. I mean, he already has the skin as an alt in UMvC3, I just don't understand the choice.

I don't understand so many choices. Why do the textures make so many characters look dirty? Why is the UI PSASBR-tier?

Most of the cast omissions that bother me.

X-Men and Doom, obviously, but we know the reason for that.

But I can't think of an excuse for only 4 femmes in the base roster when they could have used She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Scarlett Witch, Jill, Juri, Amaterasu (there's an HD Okami coming out!), Tron Bonne

While I am glad we are getting Black Widow I think characters like Ms. Marvel and Scarlett Witch have the potential to be much more interesting with their powers.

I also wish Shuma and MODOK had made it. I didn't even use them much in previous games, they're just unique and cool designs.

Okay, so all that aside I gotta say that Jedah rules and I really wish Darkstalkers 4 was happening.

Numb

So many of the characters are the deep cuts and the lack of X-Men really stands out. But it isn't just that, it's stuff like using PS360 Bionic Commando Spencer, who comes from a terrible game that no one liked and was only in MvC3 because it was relevant at the time, instead of the Spencer from Re-Armed which everyone loves. I mean, he already has the skin as an alt in UMvC3, I just don't understand the choice.

I don't understand so many choices. Why do the textures make so many characters look dirty? Why is the UI PSASBR-tier?

But I can't think of an excuse for only 4 femmes in the base roster when they could have used She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Scarlett Witch, Jill, Juri, Amaterasu (there's an HD Okami coming out!), Tron Bonne

While I am glad we are getting Black Widow I think characters like Ms. Marvel and Scarlett Witch have the potential to be much more interesting with their powers.

I also wish Shuma and MODOK had made it. I didn't even use them much in previous games, they're just unique and cool designs.

Okay, so all that aside I gotta say that Jedah rules and I really wish Darkstalkers 4 was happening.
The roster is indeed the weakest thing about the game current. That too can be fixed with time and dlc if you don't hate that sort of thing
Graphics is a big issue but if the game is fun and plays great it's all cool. People who were ready to shit on it because of looks are having fun playing it

Neoxon

Scarlet Witch is kinda on the same boat as the X-Men & F4 characters as far as the base roster & 2017 DLC is concerned, sadly. You're right about the others, though. Even with the ban in effect for the base roster & the 1st character pass, Marvel had a ton of non-Fox female characters to pull from. And if Marvel couldn't provide, Capcom should have stepped in to show Marvel how it's done.

HotHamBoy

Wait a minute...

Are there no Japanese voices!?

This dub is awful! Why would they omit that option when all the other Capcom fighters have it?? The damn lip-syncing isn't even right for intros.

Scarlet Witch is kinda on the same boat as the X-Men & F4 characters as far as the base roster & 2017 DLC is concerned, sadly. You're right about the others, though. Even with the ban in effect for the base roster & the 1st character pass, Marvel had a ton of non-Fox female characters to pull from. And if Marvel couldn't provide, Capcom should have stepped in to show Marvel how it's done.

I assumed Scarlett Witch was fine because she is in the MCU and that version isn't a mutant.

Ms. Marvel is particularly egregious because she is female, she is a POC that is from an already under-represented background, she has a cool and unique (for this game) power and she's really popular. No excuses for that shit.

JayEH

Wait a minute...

Are there no Japanese voices!?

This dub is awful! Why would they omit that option when all the other Capcom fighters have it?? The damn lip-syncing isn't even right for intros.

Happy meal budget and no one buys the game in Japan. It's a missed feature.

Dahbomb

Bruh what did I say about getting jebaited? Every time someone laments the roster or X Men you don't have to swoop in.

In any case... JAY SCHNEIDER VISCANT in the stream chat!

Numb

Would be dope if the tagged in character and main character can't escape the shame box if they were on screen and got locked in

MrMephistoX

Jesus christ are Dante, Gamora, Jedah and Ultron gonna be in every match

Yep although thankfully most of the online players with that combo suck so pretty easy to counter...I'm just sad team Made in China cannot make a triumphant comeback until DLC Chun, Sentinel, and Hsien-Ko for lyfe my anti-Dante deadpool Phoenix team.

Really hope we get a darkstalkers pack and X-men.

Top Bottom