• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Dahbomb

This game is nothing but Monkey Paws for me.
I'm not a fan of Black Widow at all lol.
I am honestly glad we are getting Black Widow now rather than later. Just get the Avengers out of the way first.

Though now we are kinda getting our fill of "dudes and gals with guns" in the game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
interestling enough, the DE edition is higher in the sellers list than the normal on GMG.

4th for DE, 9th for normal.

I think Winter Soldier and Black Widow are both cool characters but it feels like with the inclusion of both there's a lot of "agile fighter with guns" characters in the game. Worried there's going to be a lot of overlap between them and the existing roster.

Also I wonder if the lopsided dlc characters means that Capcom is going to be introducing 2 characters on the capcom side separately, maybe as free dlc or through some kind of promotion. It just feels weird to not have symmetry.

SFV is on Unreal 4 too isn't it? I wonder if they might port over characters from that into Marvel at some point.

Not afraid of overlap of styles too much since x and zero are pretty different. So long as it isn't GUNZ on both all day I suppose

hawk2025

I take it back -- the final boss in Arcade Mode is fun to fight, and the best "boss" character that I've seen in a fighting game in a while.

Curious to hear what others think.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I mean, Black Widow will be neat but Winter Soldier....

Still though, "they" found them boring. I am not they. One persons boring is another persons holy shit. I stopped watching footage a couple days ago, to help keep my mind off the game, but even then I was super excited to play Spencer, despite him looking like he barely got anything new. Now even if they are indeed boring up front, it'll just be up to users to make them not boring. The tools are there.

Yeah, but "you" responded to "them" saying the characters are boring with "get out of here!" and that "they are great!".

Dahbomb

l love it because it was proven wrong almost immediately.
No it's not LMAO! We are still getting 4 females day 1.

They could have had Monster Hunter in the game (here model is in the game and she is kinda relevant to the story) but nah.. gotta rush the game out faster.

Sigmaah

VENOM LETS FUCKING GOOOOO!!!

WE ARE VENOM.

THIS GAME IS THE BEST FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THEM COMPLAINTS!!!

This roster is a damn good roster y'all bugging if u don't think so.

BW is a solid pick, glad she gets the spotlight. Hopefully this means if we get Jill, she'll play closer to MVC2 Jill. Always though MVC3 Jill's moveset should have been used for BW instead.

But getting BW at the cost of a Capcom slot:
not-like-this.gif

That's mad hype, I NEED to see more chaining cinematic Hypers now!

Zero-ELEC

Banned

WE ARE VENOM.

:|

People are free to not like the roster and/or have issues with certain aspects of the game, tho.

They could have had Monster Hunter in the game (here model is in the game and she is kinda relevant to the story) but nah.. gotta rush the game out faster.

You rite about not having enough females in the game but a character in story mode doesn't mean anything. Gotta have hit boxes, hurt boxes, a moveset, etc. shit like with Kolin it might not even be the same model they use for the actual matches.

Yeah, but "you" responded to "them" saying the characters are boring with "get out of here!" and that "they are great!".
Well played, I walked right in to that -_- But really I was saying that it is great to be getting new characters, not that they are great already. I'm just happy to see new characters. Whether people like personally them or not I feel should be put aside for now, as they could be a great playing character still. MvC3 Jill is an example for me....am not a fan of the RE franchise at all, but her character was a monster in the right hands, and I always loved watching top level Jill players.

Sigmaah

:|

People are free to not like the roster and/or have issues with certain aspects of the game, tho.

I'm just playing for the most part. But seriously the roster is better than mahvel 3. I have so many characters I wanna play unlike marvel 3 where I just stuck to a good 4-6.

They making dreams come true but niggas still complaining.

brian!

I take it back -- the final boss in Arcade Mode is fun to fight, and the best "boss" character that I've seen in a fighting game in a while.

Curious to hear what others think.

This was a bright spot in the story mode for me, a fun boss, plus it's neat that they give you access to soul stone for ppl having trouble

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Well played, I walked right in to that -_- But really I was saying that it is great to be getting new characters, not that they are great already. I'm just happy to see new characters. Whether people like personally them or not I feel should be put aside for now, as they could be a great playing character still. MvC3 Jill is an example for me....am not a fan of the RE franchise at all, but her character was a monster in the right hands, and I always loved watching top level Jill players.
Fair.
I'm just playing for the most part. But seriously the roster is better than mahvel 3. I have so many characters I wanna play unlike marvel 3 where I just stuck to a good 4-6.

They making dreams come true but niggas still complaining.
I personally like the Marvel 3 roster more than this but you do you, man~

Sesha

I am honestly glad we are getting Black Widow now rather than later. Just get the Avengers out of the way first.

Though now we are kinda getting our fill of "dudes and gals with guns" in the game.

You say that, but we're gonna get Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Falcon, Nick Fury and Agent 13 too.

brian!

Gotta coincide with mh release for max $$$!!!

Neoxon

You say that, but we're gonna get Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Falcon, Nick Fury and Agent 13 too.
With the ban finally coming to an end for the X-Men side of things, hopefully we'll get the Twins next year (or at least Wanda).

So did the Monster Hunter actually get a name? In the series, even though there are village sweethearts, Ace hunters, and Guild attendants, they all had names you can figure out. Sophia was the Guildmarm for example. It would be weird to keep referring her by her job title.

The God

WE ARE VENOM.

paying extra money for a character that should've been there in the first place >>>>

gonna be lit

I really don't see Capcom upgrading the visuals/UI post-launch

And I know better than to expect a positive surprise from Capcom

JayEH

So did the Monster Hunter actually get a name? In the series, even though there are village sweethearts, Ace hunters, and Guild attendants, they all had names you can figure out. Sophia was the Guildmarm for example. It would be weird to keep referring her by her job title.

maybe her parents named her Monster. What you gonna do about it?

HardRojo

Nobody likes the added cost, but a Brooks adapter is a lifesaver here. Beats buying a brand new stick.

Yeah I just bit the bullet and bought a Brook adapter from a friend, been using it since yesterday and it works like a charm. It's a small investment for something that'll save me from a lot of pain and will be useful for all fighters I plan to play, can't really say no to that.

character_header_spencer_alt.jpg

So is spencer supposed to be black in this iteration? His dada (dreadlocks) hairstyle and his dark complexion don't help his case for being white.

patrice.png

MechaX

WE ARE VENOM.

I am going to remember this post when the news hits that this Venom is actually either Fortunado or based on Topher Grace's Eddie Brock or some shit.

Top Bottom