• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

HardRojo

Could have sworn justin said loser picks but I could be wrong.

I went to a friend's house for my Brook adapter yesterday. He played the game on Friday for several hours and confirmed it was the loser who picked rematch, so yeah, that must be it and makes more sense than SFV's situation more than a year after launch, still, it should be both players being able to decide.

Spencer is absolutely the most wasted slot on the roster. I would have rather had *any* other capcom character that didn't make the cut from UMVC3 than him. Ridiculous that he's in the roster after a failed reboot almost a decade ago that almost no one can remember over characters that are from fondly remembered games.

At least make his classic skin the default.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is the season pass gonna be 30 or 39 dollars by itself? I'm getting that so fast tomorrow either way.
If you have Best Buy gamers club unlocked you can get the deluxe which includes the season pass for 71.99 plus tax. So you end up paying 12 dollars for the season pass.

PSqueak

Banned
Spencer is absolutely the most wasted slot on the roster. I would have rather had *any* other capcom character that didn't make the cut from UMVC3 than him. Ridiculous that he's in the roster after a failed reboot almost a decade ago that almost no one can remember over characters that are from fondly remembered games.

well, fuck your fave character too, buddy.

SaikyoBro

I was honestly kind of pissed at the DLC announcement earlier but having had a couple hours to think on it I don't really care, at least we still had a surprise after the ZIP leak. The asymmetry is going to destroy me for a while but hopefully it's very temporary.

And getting Venom back is really good, he's the Marvel equivalent to finally getting X (or maybe that's Gambit... still though, at least we don't have to worry about him anymore).

I was honestly kind of pissed at the DLC announcement earlier but having had a couple hours to think on it I don't really care, at least we still had a surprise after the ZIP leak. The asymmetry is going to destroy me for a while but hopefully it's very temporary.

And getting Venom back is really good, he's the Marvel equivalent to finally getting X (or maybe that's Gambit... still though, at least we don't have to worry about him anymore).

Venom and gambit have been playable in several past marvel fighting games, x has never been playable not just in mvc but ANY capcom fighter.

Sesha

I'd say both, as both were first place in several UMvC3 polls.

Jawmuncher

I'm more mad that they just nonchalantly announced them. No big deal. Just a blurp at the bottom of the article. Like damn you couldn't even get some render from Capcom Japan?

NotLiquid

No more wasted than Arthur or Firebrand honestly. He at least had one of the more fun and novel play styles when it comes to the Capcom-side characters they chose to bring back, even if I do think they should've made his alt costume the default.

mas8705

So I take it that when
Monster Hunter & Black Widow
get added in, the OT might get updated to the "(X)-Men" function suggestion? Edit: Probably not...

Regardless, so far, it has been to be expected what the reviews would be: Presentation is poor, Roster is lackluster, Story Mode is passable and the gameplay itself is commendable. Definitely could have been better, but I suppose if the gameplay is the primary focus, the rest apparently can be sacrificed (according to Capcom).

Here's the thing I'm trying to figure out though, (and someone please provide a link to this if they can). Where did
Black Widow
get the confirmation? Don't get me wrong, it is pretty funny that throughout the speculation game that we didn't see her inclusion coming, but I can't seem to find a proper location that confirms her in.

Also I just realized something... With the announcements made... it is 4 Marvel to 2 Capcom characters for the DLC... I guess we'll get to see more characters in the future probably, but that is still a bit messed up that there isn't that balance; especially with all the Capcom characters that could be added in. Hopefully that doesn't undersell the Marvel characters, but I'm feeling as though that either Winter Soldier or Black Widow is probably going to be taking a few pages out of Jill's playbook for some reason...

is that confirmed? She doesn't sound like Ashly Burch

656a46db367bb8ffbe6303891eebfab7.png

I have nothing against Ashly but she is totally miscast here.

Neonep

VENOM LETS FUCKING GOOOOO!!!

WE ARE VENOM.

THIS GAME IS THE BEST FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THEM COMPLAINTS!!!

This roster is a damn good roster y'all bugging if u don't think so.

I don't see..
Wolverine
Wesker
Vergil
Phoenix Wright
Magneto
Doctor Doom
Amaterasu
Gambit
Storm

The roster is nowhere near damn good, it's alright at best.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
auto-repost failed, even Modbot is borked when in the Marvel thread

B8cErGv.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1434392.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite -- MB-928BD26C6C104FA6 - Taken by DunpealD. 50 entrants total.

t1505755572z1.png

*THIS STEAM KEY ONLY WORKS IN THE FOLLOWING REGIONS*
Europe, Middle East, Africa, Australia & New Zealand

brian!

I don't see..
Wolverine
Wesker
Vergil
Phoenix Wright
Magneto
Doctor Doom
Amaterasu
Gambit
Storm

The roster is nowhere near damn good, it's alright at best.

Honestly the cynic in me fully believes that the popular characters like vergil and wesker are being held off to provide strategic boosts of $, akuma too

Id play the shit out of gambit

Anth0ny

Honestly the cynic in me fully believes that the popular characters like vergil and wesker are being held off to provide strategic boosts of $, akuma too

Id play the shit out of gambit

This is the future of DLC. Holding cool characters from the base roster to sell as DLC. Putting blatantly boring af random ass characters that no one asked for on the base roster instead.

what a time to be alive

Ended up picking it up on PC, thought about moving to PS4 but the investment of Game+PS Plus+New Stick or Brook Adapter just isn't in my budget. Hopefully the player base sticks around on PC for a while.

I can't believe I have to play arcade/story mode to unlock some colors. Time to invite my little nephew over so he can get those unlockables for me. I aint got time for that shit.

you do not have to play arcade for colors, they unlock online aswell.

you do have to play the story mode for the extra stages tho, and theres quite a few.

Thanks for the heads up. Not as bad as I thought then since I will default to training stage as usual.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I can't believe I have to play arcade/story mode to unlock some colors. Time to invite my little nephew over so he can get those unlockables for me. I aint got time for that shit.

you do not have to play arcade for colors, they unlock online aswell.

you do have to play the story mode for the extra stages tho, and theres quite a few.

Top Bottom